It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nicotene - the new wonder drug (why smokers like to smoke)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

If you whack a few patches on, and go to bed you have Opium type dreams, or so one of the guys using them said.If that's not Big Pharma moving in I don't know what is.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

i have a bottle mine also, if you look at the link you provide. it says this.

Niacin may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.

now here is a link of my own,

Summary
Niacinamide has been used safely for at least 60 years, primarily to treat arthritis, but also as a treatment for Alzheimer's. Studies on mice concluded that niacinamide improved cognition. A human study has not yet been completed. Anyone over 60 with a family history of Alzheimer's and who fears getting the disease might want to consider taking niacinamide as a precaution. For those already suffering from Alzheimer's, niacinamide offers hope.
Can Niacinamide Cure Alzheimer's Disease?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

"Could the anti-smoker movement all be an attempt by Big Pharma to steal the beneficial medicinal effects of smoking and tobacco from Big Tobacco?"

Possibly OR to shift the masses to something with the same soothing effects, but something that's more "locked down" requiring a prescription - like anti-depressants. I don't smoke but come from a family that does and a good number of my friends do. Most of those I've asked why they smoke say it calms them and allows them to focus, plus a sort of feeling of well-being.

These days you go to the doctor and the only thing they'll give you enthusiastically and very willingly are anti-depressants. ADs are seemingly a cure-all for anything from chronic pain to irritable bowel disease. They will not give you opioids which actually work because of the horrors of ADDICTION or DEPENDENCY. S'ok to get dependent or addicted to anti-depressants though. I'm really suspicious of this push for ADs - it would be easy to sneak whatever mood altering additive in there that they'd like.

Addiction and dependency are dirty buzz words thrown around these days but IMHO if that substance allows you to lead a somewhat normal and productive life without chronic pain or whatever, then the benefits outweigh the dangers. The only addiction that is condoned these days is the addiction to money.

edit on 8-2-2015 by EveStreet because: reword

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

First of all - I still don't see benzene on the list of additives that you provided.

second of all - it is very misleadig, almost a lie...to claim that Big Tobacco adds benzene to tobacco when you mean that Big Tobacco adds safe approved food additives to tobacco.

third of all - people have smoked tobacco for thousands of years. As with anything else in life, there are risks with smoking tobacco and there are benefits.

fourth of all - we are all exposed to benzene in vehicle exhaust every single day and in concentrations far greater than anything contained in tobacco smoke.

And lastly - how does "risks" translate into "bad" for you?

When people ride a motorcycle, they undertake certain obvious risks - does that motorcycle riding is "bad" for you?
When people grill a steak, they undertake certain obvious risks - Is eating a steak 'bad" for you?

Want me to keep going here. Every single day, every day you are alive, you are at risk of death and disease - does that mean living is "bad" for you.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

but smoking nicotene offers more than "hope". It provides tangible results.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Smoke away then mate. I would suggest you try not to do it around children it creates the wrong impression.

There are risks involved with anything in life, that does not mean one should embrace danger or dismiss the obvious.

Personally i only use tobacco for use with other substances, and if i could find an alternative i would stop using the stuff in a heart beat, tobacco that is.

I have already shown and explained the manner in which benzene presents its self regarding Tobacco company products.

As to how does risks translate into bad for me? I imagine that would be byway of death should ones luck run out.

Keep going all you wish, still seems you refuse to accept the obvious, that being that the consumption of Tobacco especially after the Tobacco company's get there hands on the stuff is detrimental to ones health. Me, im of to bed.

Good night.
edit on 8-2-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

But you still haven't shown me where benzene is added to tobacco?????

Anyway - this isn't a thread about whether tobacco is good or bad for you. Its about a conspiracy by Big Pharma to steal and control nictotene from Big Tobacco.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I have several shares of RAI... used to be Reynolds American who held Nabisco...
and one of the Tobacco companies wholly owned subsideriary is the Reynolds Development thingy... whose sole purpose is to develop useful avenues for Nicotine to be used....

I bet they are sitting on a tonne of info about Nicotine being used in a variety of products and which provide a bunch of newly discovered reactions for the benefit of humans/animals with the presence of nicotine in its more pure form (other than smoke or chewed delivery)

I will continue to hold my shares of tobacco stocks even though they will be under a non-PC cloud of controversy as for the next 10+ years..... good as gold in my eyes

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

You are absolutely correct. Tobacco shares have not lost their value at all in this anti-smoker era. I wonder how many shares are owned by Big Pharma....and how many shares of Big Pharma are owned by Big Tobacco

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: amurphy245

just as the the op stated,they found that nicotine is /can be a effective and beneficial drug. smoking is one of the fast and a effective way to deliver the drug. if big pharma wants to make and patent it they have to have people quit smoking, so they will sale the drug.

would you pay $ 75.00 for a 30 pills, if you could get the same benefit from a $6.00 pack of smokes? i wouldn't.

You may just be onto something there....it could explain the dramatic price rises in tobacco products....

To the OP smoking does damage lungs though so i am not sure if it could really be classed as beneficial
edit on 8-2-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: missed the word price...doh

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You claim that smoking damages lungs....and yet the most valued lungs for transplant are smoker's lungs.

www.independent.co.uk...

Almost half of lung transplant patients were given the lungs taken from heavy smokers, with one in five coming from donors who had smoked at least one packet of cigarettes a day for 20 or more years. Despite this, new research shows that those people given the lungs of smokers were just as likely to be alive up to three years after transplantation as those who had organs from non-smokers. In some cases, they had improved survival rates. "Donor lungs from even heavy smokers may provide a valuable avenue for increasing donor organ availability," says André Simon, director of heart and lung transplantation and consultant cardiac surgeon at Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Trust. "Our findings provide for the first time real world figures for the perceived risk of implantation of lungs from donors with even a heavy smoking history, and they show that such donor lungs may provide a much-needed lease on life to the critically ill patient whose chances of survival diminish with every day or week that passes by on the waiting list.

So if smoking is damaging to lungs ....you would think that the lungs of heavy smokers would be useless for transplant. Yet, the real world results of such implantations indicate that being the recipient of the donated lungs of a transplanted lungs of a heavy smoker has an increased chance of survival.

Results show that one-year and three-year survival figures were about the same for all three groups. Those with lungs from non-smokers even fared slightly worse in terms of one-year survival. A total of 77.7 per cent with non-smoking donors' lungs were alive after the first year, compared with 90.8 per cent with smokers' lungs. There were also no differences in a number of other measures, including overall effectiveness of the lungs, the amount of time spent in intensive care, and the length of time in hospital.

Now this is a real world study - looking at actual people and their survival rates. Its not statistics that can be easily manipulated.

So tell me....where is all this damage in the lungs of smokers?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

It is already well-known that niacin can treat high blood pressure and change the ratio of good and bad cholesterol (trigliserides) just as well as the statins.

Statins are a very big source of money to Big Pharma. What if people switched to niacin instead?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

So tell me....where is all this damage in the lungs of smokers?

firstly i do not need a study to know this i have been an on and off smoker most of my life...i gave up again just 2 months ago and i have a remarkable increase in lung capacity,i have stopped wheezing and feel better....good enough for ya...?

eta...forgot to add my skin has lost the grey tinge it had and i do not smell so bad

edit on 8-2-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

If you were wheezing and had a grey tinge to your skin - there was alot more wrong with you than smoking!

Famous smokers:

www.therichest.com...

None of these smokers have "grey-tinged" skin and I am pretty sure that they don't wheeze either!

Stop reading anti-smoking propaganda and then pretend to be a smoker.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Oh man this guy is one of the funniest on this site. Takes his own failures of choice, and then twists, and twists, and twists.

Plenty of alternative pick you uppers that don't cause all the known ailments as smoking.

I'll stick to my cuppa tea, you can stick to your double big gulp of rationalizations.

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks

Anti-smokers have tried to make you believe that tobacco smoke is a poison while inhaling the smoke from a BBQ is fine. There is very very little difference between different types of smoke. Including the smoke from cooking food.

Everyone smokes but only some people smoke tobacco

Tired of Control Freaks

Like this little bit here. Absolutely no perspective whatsoever! There's no mention of the extreme difference between second hand inhaling BBQ on occasion, vs directly sucking down cancer sticks 10-40x a day. You seriously try to put the two in the same category, complete insanity!

I truly hope you're not serious, for your own sake.
edit on 8-2-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

People who wheeze are asthmatics! about 16 % of asthmatics are smokers.

People with grey-tinged skin are people whose blood circulation or those whose oxygen carrying capacity has been compromised in some fashion.

Normal smokers don't have compromised blood circulation or compromised oxygen carrying capacity. That is a myth carried to extremes by anti-smokers.

Look around you...we all know someone who smokes! Why do you listen to propaganda when your own eyes tell you the truth.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

And another one who comes on this thread without regard to the OP.

We are talking about the beneficial uses of nicotene (the new wonder drug). And does your pickupper of choice prevent Alzeimers and parkinson's?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Yessir, as much or more so than those cancer sticks.

edit on 8-2-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Stop reading anti-smoking propaganda and then pretend to be a smoker.

LOL.... you are a really confused soul aren't you.....dude i am 40 years old and i think i would know if i was asthmatic.......you can believe what you want ....it was my Gf that noticed i had lost the grey tinge to my skin,as far a lungs go ..yeah and i am pretty sure i feel better ...

Here is an idea why don't you stop pretending you have a clue

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Well I keep posting links to prove what I say! Anti-smokers just like yourself keep coming on to make statements that they can't back up.

Anti-smokers also keep trying to draw attention from the OP which is related to nicotene and its benefits.

Are you sure I don't have a clue?

Tired of Control Freaks

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join