It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wife beaten by Domestic Violence Judge Spouse; No lawyer would take the case

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Until there is a contract in place they don't have any legal obligation. Morally I think it's a bit hard to justify and is definitely crap. The legal system is just stacked against average people. Unless you're involved in a suit that is going to bring in big money or publicity for a lawyer you better have some deep pockets.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
My oldest brother has made some well to do friends in positions of political power in his home state. He is just a lowly painter, but he is honest and hard working and has gained some important friends. Now his health is failing and he can't do that type of work for his "friends" any more and it scare the pants off of him to think that these friends may turn on him because of it.

Those of power will eat their own, their worst enemies are others of their own kind. If this woman can find some "friends" that want her husband off the team, she may have a chance, but she will owe them a favor and risks making enemies of those friends if she can't make good on the favors.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Send her a copy of the burning bed and let justice prevail.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

This sounds very bad. There are still many lawyers who are good and may take her case. She may file the case in some other court if its possible.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Something really isn't adding up about the story, I think they are either being intentionally misleading or just confused themselves about the details.

When a crime is committed against you, you don't hire a lawyer to prosecute the case. The only people allowed to prosecute crimes are state attorneys, and you don't hire them, they work for the state and they decide to press charges against an individual or not.

When the article says that no lawyer will take her domestic violence case that doesn't make any sense, that makes it seem as if the man isn't being held accountable for his actions when that isn't true, he was arrested and the case is currently ongoing. In fact they are appointing a special prosecutor from the governor's office for the case against the judge.

The article paints the picture of an abused woman being ignored by the legal system, which is completely inaccurate. The criminal case is proceeding. Whatever difficulties she had with a lawyer it had nothing to do with her criminal case, she either must be involved in a civil lawsuit against the husband or seeking a divorce lawyer.

Is the lawyer now representing her husband for his criminal trial? For the divorce proceedings? For some other civil case? Because if he is a divorce lawyer I doubt he is representing the man for his criminal trial, and if he is a criminal lawyer it makes no sense the woman would have talked to him about divorce or civil matters.

Hopefully people will look into this a bit more before casting judgement because this doesn't seem to be the story it's presented as- at all.
edit on 15-5-2015 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Not surprised in the slightest. People of power can generally get away with the nastiest crap at the snap of a finger. When lawyers are afraid of someone enough to not prosecute them, that should be a neon sign, and a giant flashing one at that.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
The link below refers to a thread that discusses very much the same issue.

I have been in a legal bind in the past and was considering a jury trial because the charges didn't fit the potential penalties I would have to pay. I mentioned to the lawyer I had hired that I didn't feel safe having my future put into the hands of the people on the street whom I considered quite ignorant to the workings of the legal system (Industry).

She promptly refused to take my case without further explanation or reasoning.

People really need to get more involved instead of paying their homage to the state and wandering away confused.

AntFrickinWay.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

So sad

I hate to see woman beaten

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Good points

top topics