It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French President: Failure for Ukraine peace will result in war

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Ukraine is already bankrupt, so why would it be about the Ukraine ?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: all2human

Ukraine's economy is so dependent on Russia's that it still trades more with it than any other nation.

That is because Russia made sure of that when Yanukovych was in office, which is why he moved away from joining the EU in the first place.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

That doesn't answer my question. Do you want the war to destroy Ukraine? Is that what you think would be a happy ending?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

That doesn't answer my question. Do you want the war to destroy Ukraine? Is that what you think would be a happy ending?

Nope, that`s why I was against US its actions last year and are against them wanting to prolong the war.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Nope, that`s why I was against US its actions last year and are against them wanting to prolong the war.

But it is Russia that is arming the separatists, not the United States. If Russia stopped providing the rebels with arms, the war would end. Why don't you stand up and tell Putin to get out and leave Ukraine alone?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

But it is Russia that is arming the separatists, not the United States. If Russia stopped providing the rebels with arms, the war would end. Why don't you stand up and tell Putin to get out and leave Ukraine alone?

Does the same apply to Syria?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

It was US who made a coup and making the Ukraine a vassal state while they knew exactly what was going to happen because of it...

...and even now they are, just as with Syria, going to send in weapons to prolong the war...

...they were sending money to keep on fighting last year when Kiev didn`t had money to go on with the war while they knew Kiev wasn`t going to win it.

Russia ins`t going to hand over the Ukraine to the US, but that isn`t clear to you yet ?

The only way it stops is when the US orders its Kiev puppets to stop it or when the people of the Ukraine are going to overthrow the US puppets and start to be sovereign again and not to become a member of NATO (just like they actually wanted all along), they can also have economic ties with the EU if that`s what they actual want...but no NATO so there will be not anymore NATO forces on Russia its doorstep.

edit on 8 2 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

But it is Russia that is arming the separatists, not the United States. If Russia stopped providing the rebels with arms, the war would end.

If the rebels were disarmed, Kiev would waltz in and slaughter them wholesale. They are, and have been since the beginning, defending themselves. If Kiev stopped attacking, then the war would end.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

Does the same apply to Syria?

ABSOLUTELY!

Neither Russia, the United States nor Europe has any business meddling in Syria.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

ABSOLUTELY!

Neither Russia, the United States nor Europe has any business meddling in Syria.

I can recall the USA and the UK governments wanting to remove Assad. Sadly for them, they couldn't convince their respective populations. Mainly because we are sick of their warmongering. Russia has a long history with Syria.

The USA has been meddling in the Ukraine for more than a decade, now see what you have done.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Russia has been meddling in Ukraine for centuries. Now see what they've done.a reply to: midicon

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Russia has been meddling in Ukraine for centuries. Now see what they've done.a reply to: midicon

I'm sure they have, given the percentage of the population and all sorts of historic ties. That is really one of the problems in this crisis, ethnicity. Perhaps you missed that.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

I'm sure they have, given the percentage of the population and all sorts of historic ties. That is really one of the problems in this crisis, ethnicity. Perhaps you missed that.

This crisis has nothing to do with ethnicity and everything to do with Putin trying to restore the Russian Empire. Ukraine is essentially being forced to fight a war of independence.

If Ukraine abandons Donbass, Russia will never permit that region to be independent, it is too vital to Russian interests. The "little green men" will miraculously appear in the streets of Luhansk and Donetsk and a referendum held. There are implacable strategic reasons for this. Russia must have direct overland communication to its assets in Crimea. It cannot count on an independent Donbass permitting this any more than it could count on an independent Ukraine permitting it. Russia must annex Eastern Ukraine for the sake of Crimea. Once Putin makes it a Russian oblast and hand picks a Russian born governor, things will settle down.

Too bad so many separatists are dying for a cause neither side will allow them to win.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Where did everybody go? Sorry I pointed out the elephant in the room. Your silence suggests you see it too. Why do you pretend the situation is other than it is, then?

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Where did everybody go? Sorry I pointed out the elephant in the room. Your silence suggests you see it too. Why do you pretend the situation is other than it is, then?

Could be they are sick of arguing with you when all you are posting your own opinion... Either that or they have things to do. Not everybody has the time to be on here all the time.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Everybody is posting their opinion on this crisis, I haven't seen an iota of irrefutable proof anywhere that supports the USA is behind it all.

I also haven't seen an iota of irrefutable proof that Russia is behind it all.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Everybody is posting their opinion on this crisis, I haven't seen an iota of irrefutable proof anywhere that supports the USA is behind it all.

I also haven't seen an iota of irrefutable proof that Russia is behind it all.

Then why is he stating he has posted the "elephant in the room" like it's fact with no proof or links to back it up?

edit on 9-2-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

No clue, it's a reasonable theory in my opinion.

But that's all any of the debate about Ukraine has been, theories followed by each side mocking msm that supports the other side.
edit on 9-2-2015 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

Could be they are sick of arguing with you when all you are posting your own opinion... Either that or they have things to do. Not everybody has the time to be on here all the time.

That`s probably about it.

In the beginning I was actual reading every post in the Ukraine topics, but after realizing I wasn`t learning anything from 3 regular posters I started to skip many of their posts...they end up getting ignored when people realize they don`t learn from them about what goes on.

Wanting to know what goes on takes time to read on the internet and you won`t figure that out with senseless discussions.

@Irishhaf, enough has been brought onto the forum about it in the last half year, but either you want to see it or you just want to ignore it...if the owners haven`t deleted it, you can still find it all, and lots have been put in the OP...but it`s your own choice if you want to see it for what it is or if you want to keep believing in what you want to believe...don`t expect to find "your truth" here if it`s not the actual truth...this is not the right place to find conformation about what you like to be true.

And no, you will not hear Western mainstream media or Western politicians come out in big press conferences saying what they are up to, so either you use your brain, look at the circumstantial evidence and make the right assessment about what is means or you don`t.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Trick goes both ways, Russia certainly isn't Sally pure heart like quite a few here try to make her out to be.

Most likely both (west and Russia) were muddling around inside and neither one wants to say uncle so innocents die.

And yea I laugh at the theories that state the USA bought country xyz, that's kind of hard to do when you are catastrophicly broke...Heck the only reason we are afloat is we like buying everyone's junk.
edit on 9-2-2015 by Irishhaf because: Fricking auto correct

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join