It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

French President: Failure for Ukraine peace will result in war

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 06:41 PM
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

I wonder if the chocolate king has his money safely out of the system ? It would make short term sense in one way but over the long haul they are still F&$%#@ . Too bad .What a complete mess the west has made in Ukraine .

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 07:20 PM
Ukraine's economy is so dependent on Russia's that it still trades more with it than any other nation. That means anything that hurts Russia, redounds onto Ukraine.Russia is still Ukraine's #1 trading partner, this is why I see Ukraine's policies as completely controlled by the west, its goes against Ukr national interest to war with Russia,only benefits the rest of Europe.
Ukraine is a collapsed state being propped up by the west in order to harm Russia
Your right in saying the west will sabotage any chance of peace, because they already have too much to lose,regardless of conflict Ukraine will become the next Greece, The EU and it's security blanket NATO are not interested, what better idea than seize the opportunity to attack and Blame Russia , divert focus off a failing European economy.
I don't see any winning out of this war, I believe this is the result of a global economy in trouble.
edit on 7-2-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:57 PM
Ooh my Hollande! What in the world are you doing?

Seems the old perverted fantasy of conquering Russia haven't been laid to rest yet?

The stench of old roman warmongers lurking in the corridors, is overwhelming.

I sincerely hope this charade will be exposed and stopped very soon! And law and order will take over, settling the manner respectively for everyone peacefully. Where is the UN in this matter?
I believe It's possible, but not without the constant overseas interference

War is BIG business, someone who makes a killing manufacturing war-stuff is broke... opportunity? All it takes, is to open one's eyes, to see where this is headed.

There will be no winners! Only a few more billionaires..
edit on 7/2/2015 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/2/2015 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 11:10 PM

originally posted by: mcChoodles
NATO is a complete joke and has neither the technology nor the stomach for a direct war with Russia.

Meanwhile Ukraine is forcing conscripts to join or be thrown in prison or worse.

Putin has been playing his hand well and knows american politicians will finally be crucified for starting a war they can't win in weeks with Russia.

That's what countries do when they are being invaded.. The same would happen in the US or Canada. I fail to see the point of your post.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:38 AM
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I wonder if the chocolate king has his money safely out of the system ?

And I wonder where the FSB dumped Yanukoych's body.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:39 AM
a reply to: kloejen

So... you think that Russia's occupation of Ukraine is an assault by Europe on Russia?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:41 AM
a reply to: daaskapital

Of course there will be war

US is targeting this time a country that can defend itself

So far Americans are used to fighting weak and the already oppressed

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:02 AM
Without actual Russian troops in Eastern Ukraine, Kiev has now decided to send them in themselves.

And now it`s only waiting till the Western media orders Belingcat to produce the photo evidence of them coming from Russia.

Ukrainian military send more subversive groups to Donbass - republic’s Defence Ministry

"Ukraine’s Security Service is using the tactics to discredit in the international arena not only DPR and LPR armed forces, but also the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, which they claim to be participating in the military actions in Donbass," the Donetsk information agency reported. "At night on February 1, to Donetsk came a subversive group of twelve people wearing the Russian military uniform."

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:32 AM
a reply to: DJW001

The whole thing has been US backed from the beginning. EU "tries to looks for peace", but behind the curtains is the US and NATO pushing in different directions, ultimately some countries will comply to the west.

Smells like a test for a coming proxy war ...

Old cold war veteran Gorbachev :

Mikhail Gorbachev has accused the US of dragging Russia into a new Cold War. The former Soviet president fears the chill in relations could eventually spur an armed conflict.

“Plainly speaking, the US has already dragged us into a new Cold War, trying to openly implement its idea of triumphalism,” Gorbachev said in an interview with Interfax.

The former USSR leader, whose name is associated with the end of the Cold War between the Soviet Union and the United States, is worried about the possible consequences.

“What’s next? Unfortunately, I cannot be sure that the Cold War will not bring about a ‘hot’ one. I’m afraid they might take the risk,” he said.

Point being, US is pushing to arm Ukraine.

His first impression from the latest developments is that the interests of Europe and the US compete when it comes to Ukraine. Political analyst Alexander Clackson told RT that the recent American drive to supply Ukraine with weapons “would go completely against anything that Europe would want.”

It could be “very easy” for “far away” Washington, which, actually, regards weapons supply as a common strategy in tackling problems overseas, according to the commentators. “They were supplying weapons in Afghanistan, when Russia was at war with Afghanistan, to Al-Qaeda, they have been doing it with the Syrian rebels, a lot of whom have now joined [Islamic State, formerly] ISIS,” Clackson said. “It is a strategy that hasn’t worked in the past and actually created many problems.”

“The role of the US and Britain – since last February’s coup – has consistently been to try and to sabotage and scupper any kind of peace agreement that has come to the table,” independent political analyst Dan Glazebrook told RT.

“They [the USA] want Ukraine to remain an open war, a means of demoralizing Russia, weakening Russia, a means of keeping the Ukrainian issue open as something to be rushed over the head with and to force the European partners to fall in line behind them in their economic war against Russia.”

Obviously it is a clear old tactic that has worked before.. why not use it again?

From McCain himself:

US training for the Ukrainian military is underway and being directed from NATO and the US Embassy in Kiev, former top US Pentagon official Jan Lodal said this week. Since last year, the United States has provided Ukraine with non-lethal military aid and has put military advisors on the ground in Ukraine.

The White House announced Monday it is still assessing its policies regarding providing lethal and other military assistance to the government in Kiev.

McCain also stated that Ukraine will require Javelin anti-tank missile systems, as well as intelligence support from the United States.

“They need Javelin, they need other equipment. They also need intelligence,” McCain stated, referring to the types of lethal military support required by Kiev. “They need a whole lot of things.”

(Yeah, i know all 3 sources are Russian, you can confirm it elsewhere.)

"Javelin Anti-tank missile systems", "intelligence" .. why are the US so eager to "help" out?
Do they really think that Russia wants to invade Ukraine?
edit on 8/2/2015 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:45 AM
a reply to: kloejen

Are US troops occupying Crimea? Did Yanukovych flee to the United States? Was MH17 downed by an American missile? Is President Obama's popularity skyrocketing because of his triumphs in Ukraine?

No? Then who is benefiting from the situation?

Citing Russian media is pointless, it is controlled by the State once again.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 04:47 AM

Without actual Russian troops in Eastern Ukraine, Kiev has now decided to send them in themselves.

But Putin himself has admitted that there are Russian troops in Ukraine! The news article you cite is a lie to cover up the discovery of one such unit.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 05:52 AM
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Never start a war you don't plan to win to the end no matter what

Maybe email Cia and pentagon and let them know Russia fights wars to the end

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 05:57 AM

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
a reply to: daaskapital

Hollande was warning about this yesterday, and to a certain extent who would disagree? However, it appears the U.S and U.K didn't want to participate in these talks, which speaks volumes about the situation.

It appears it's all part of the plan to ensure it goes full scale.

I don't recall the details entirely but:

I do remember the EU NOT supporting the people of Ukraine when attempting to overthrow its corrupt president.

I also remember that the people of Crimea WANTED the Russians to come in.

All in all, I'm not convinced Merkel and Hollande are working on behalf of the people of France, Germany, Europe or the Ukraine - they're just trying to flex their muscles.

This is a matter for the people of Ukraine and Russia, not all and sundry.

Speaking as a Brit - I'm OUT. I WILL NOT support military involvement by countries in western Europe.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 06:03 AM
a reply to: citizenx1

I will agree that it's a Ukraine matter but Russia needs to stfu and get out as well.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 06:14 AM
a reply to: Irishhaf

They would not have been there if the US hadn`t taken it over, but US can`t leave sovereign nations alone, they have to be brought under control of the Empire.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 06:41 AM
a reply to: PizzaAnyday505

They don`t want to win it, all they want is to leave it an open and festering wound to the Russians. And right now they are losing that, remember Syria when Assad helped by Russia, Iran and Hezbollah was winning ?...the response of the US was to send in weapons/advisers and when that started to fail they started under the disguise of IS air attacks.

When US starts to send weapons to the Ukraine, Russia isn`t going to allow tanks being blown up by the dozens, so they probably start with air strikes and are going to flatten Ukrainian its army with air raids. But that`s fine with the warmongers in the US because then they can sanction Russia even more...and the Western media already has the scripts ready to go on a propaganda rampage when that happens.

And when that situation has materialized Russia might as well go straight after Kiev, but the thing is, they don`t want the burden the mess Ukraine has become on their shoulders, and an all out attack/defeat on Kiev makes them responsible for it. So I have no idea if they will go straight after Kiev or if they start using air strikes and taking more territory but leave Kiev alone after weapon deliveries by the US.

Long story short, US weapon deliveries isn`t going to do anything accept prolong the war.

edit on 8 2 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:03 AM
a reply to: PizzaAnyday505

Russia fights wars to the end

The way they did in Afghanistan? Russia should never have started that one, either.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:05 AM

Long story short, US weapon deliveries isn`t going to anything accept prolong the war.

How do you, personally, want the war to end? How do you think it will really end?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:16 AM
a reply to: DJW001

You might be right looking at it now, it bankrupted them and they wouldn`t have the problems it has now with the US thinking they are the only superpower.

War is all about momentum, once you got that you can overrun the enemy quite quickly. It`s just as with American Football, you don`t need to be much stronger but just get the momentum.

Because America isn`t nearly as strong as anyone thinks it is military wise, it first needs strong opponents to become weakened (economically) with years of wars. Iraq needed to be drained by the Iraq/Iran war, The Soviet Union with the Afghanistan war, Syria with its years of war and now Russia with a prolonged war in the Ukraine.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:22 AM

Are you saying that you want Ukraine to be bankrupt? That outcome would make you happy?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>