It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half-Life 3 : How Gordon Freeman Is Handling The Wait

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
11 years since Half Life 2 !
This fan made video shows how Gordon Freeman is dealing with the wait for his next adventure.

Gaben has forgotten how to make great games in his quest to make great piles of cash , The behemoth that is Valve could make the greatest game the world has yet seen but Lord Newel has forsaken the Freeman and the people that put him where he is , the years pass and the memories fade but the legend of the Freeman lives forever.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
11 years on and it still looks as fresh as a daisy , for anyone , like myself , who fancy a walk down memory lane remind yourself of the greatness of Half Life 2.

I've just watched an hour of this and the memories come flooding back , surely the best game ever made.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Sad that it didn't workout with Alyx.

But I was always a bit suspicious about him not anticipating a resonance cascade.

I mean, its basic stuff.

edit on 6/2/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I had soooo much fun playing that when it first came out. I bought a $600 graphics card JUST for HL-2 lol

Then you factor in all the mods... Some of which I still play to this day! I'm fine with HL3 taking a long time, as long as it's amazing (which I'm sure it will be).
edit on 6-2-2015 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I dont think there's going to be another Halflife game, or at least any time soon.

But yes. Gordon Freeman, the one free man.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Cool vid. Great track, too!

Kind of makes me want to install HL2 now. I never did finish the expansion episodes...

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Lord Gaben plzzzz

The first Half-Life is what launched me into the FPS genre. HL 2 took forever to come out and I basically had a heart attack when it came out.

The ending to the last episode leaves just sooo much out there. Quite a cliffhanger to end with.

ETA - Did anyone else play Black Mesa Source? It's the first Half-Life rebooted with the HL 2 engine. Playing through BMS brought back a ton of childhood memories.
edit on 7-2-2015 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I don't think it will be made either. Valve have steam to rake in the cash already.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph
It was a good game. I would replay it to, even now, Its not that outdated in the graphical department. I remember when it came out the mechanics and that gravity gun was the coolest thing ever. That is, up in till they made the portal gun.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

I had soooo much fun playing that when it first came out. I bought a $600 graphics card JUST for HL-2 lol

Yep I upgraded for the game too , it was a day one purchase I still remember the excitement I felt when I got it home and the frustration of my first experience of Steam trying to authenticate it on a dial up connection along with the rest of the world.

When I finally finished the process and figured out how to launch the game I was hooked from start to finish , the ending is still my biggest WTF!! moment in video gaming.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

ETA - Did anyone else play Black Mesa Source? It's the first Half-Life rebooted with the HL 2 engine. Playing through BMS brought back a ton of childhood memories.

Yes! I was waiting for black mesa source forever. I honestly thought it would never get released and then out of the blue there it was. It was a lot of fun, and I highly recommend it to any fans of the half life series that haven't played it yet

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
HL3 was pretty much confirmed in a leak of Valve debug tools. Valve also just announced their new Source2 engine.

Not to mention Gordon Freeman saved my life.

edit on 12/3/2015 by Jeroenske because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I have faith that it's coming, they took a long time to release HL2 and when it came out it was a million miles from HL1 in almost every respect, I think thats what's happening now, maybe they are waiting for VR to be perfect? That would be awesome, HL3 in virtual reality, playing with a crowbar shaped gamepad that you swing about.

top topics

join