It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS #36: The Totalitarian New World Order Starts in The UK, and it's Starting Now!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
It doesn't suprise me, i think its just scare mongering, the UK is trying to crack down on money it is owed. I doubt its practical to apply this to the whole UK population seen as 99% of the people these days have debts of some kind. I think its more to scaring people into thinking 'I'll pay that before i go, i dont want any problems'. To be fair if you cant pay you're council tax but you can afford to go on holiday there's something not righ there anyway...

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: kirstie88
It is a sensationalised thread making wild unsubstantiated unreferenced claims, that's all.
What is really inspiring the story is the Scottish court service has teamed up with UK border authorities to stop anyone who is flagged up as defaulting on a criminal court fine payment arrangement if they try to leave the country.

As Scotland has a seperate internationally recognised legal system it does not affect me in SW England or you in Liverpool if we get any criminal fines in an English court, right now we are free to leave with no information sharing until a warrant is issued for arrest, and even then it is often not shared with border authorities if we are not a serious risk to the public.
No civil debts are flagged up in either Scotland, or the rest of the UK at any ports, this thread is just drama queen ranting for the masses at best.

*Edit*
See this thread if you're interested in rational discussion about some of the things mentioned in this topic:
UK TV Licence law, facts without BS, remember deny ignorance?
...or perhaps TheNLBS will come back here and offer some source links I can read through away from the emotion.
edit on 8.2.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I agree 100%, just because as a last resort they may have the ability to do so, it is under the most extreme circumstances imaginable. The unbelievable cost of implimentating this on a vast scale is unimaginable to a country that is already drowning in debt and cutting public service costs drastically.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: kirstie88 The Scot's authorities are definitely keen to chase unpaid criminal fines and the computer alert arrangement to UK borders is a cheap way of catching defaulters going on holiday.
Borders are UK controlled though so how long it is when English airport authorities start getting annoyed if they are constantly nicking Scots for the Scottish Court Service with all the time and work that costs. I wonder if Scotland is paying the UK government for that service? lol
Either way, keep up to date with the easy payment plans for criminal fines in the UK and even the Scots can still go on holiday.

*Edit*
Oh and it would be more accurate to rename this thread "NLBS #36: The Totalitarian New World Order Starts in Scotland, and it's Starting Now! ...but it would still be sensationalist drama when all the Scottish authorities are doing is chasing people who failed to pay their criminal court fines and ignored letters to arrange an easy payment plan. Oh the drama.
edit on 8.2.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Not sure if it's been said, but you DO NOT have to have a TV license here in the UK IF you are not watching live TV.

The guy in the video is misinformed, you only have to have a TV license if you are watching broadcast TV (This includes subscription services such as Sky or Virgin, or using a freeview box).

You CAN own a TV, mobile phone, and computer and not have a TV license so long as you aren't watching live TV.

BBC usually send out a company on their behalf called Capita. Capita will knock on your door and question you as to why you do not have a TV license (and they will act threateningly, and try to use fear tactics), but you simply need to tell them that you do not watch TV. Afterwards you simply tell them that you have revoked their implied right of access (meaning that if they visit your property again, you can call the police on them because they are trespassing.

You do not have to tell them anything (they will try to get any and every bit of information about who you are, but it's none of their business), so DO NOT TELL THEM ANYTHING.

When buying a TV, the store will ask for your details to send to the TV licensing company - The way to combat this is only pay by cash and provide them with the name of Micky Mouse living at 123 Fake Street (for example).

Remember, you only have to pay for a TV license if you are watching LIVE BROADCAST TV.
A TV license was also required to listen to Live Radio, but that is no longer the case.

DO NOT ALLOW THESE CROOKS TO WIN. THE BBC ARE FULL OF PEDOPHILES AND SCUM.

As to the whole airport flight bills/debt thing, that I have no idea about (I've never heard of it until now), but I highly doubt it'll go through (We Brits will 100% revolt against that if it does actually happen).

Stay vigilant folks.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
How to deal with TV licensing goons:

www.youtube.com...

Police at someone's door:

www.youtube.com...

[Edit]

[Highly recommend watching this one for giggles] Phoning up TV licensing:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 8/2/2015 by toxicspikes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
More information that may be helpful to fellow Brits

www.moneysavingexpert.com...

(I highly recommend reading this)

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: toxicspikes
I am in complete agreement, the claims in the OP are sensationalist BS.
UK TV Licence law, facts without BS, remember deny ignorance?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

There is 1 thing I'm confused about though,

"It is a criminal offence to watch or record programmes as they're being shown on TV unless you have a TV License"

Does this mean if someone who didn't have a TV License went out a bought a DVD box set of The Simpsons and watched an episode which was also halfway through airing on Sky 1 or something, they'd be committing a criminal offence?

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
No it wouldn't.
That would be the sort of silly sensationalist claims I would expect from the author of this thread, who seems to have abandoned it unfortunately, even though they are apparently an ATS brand.
Poor show I reckon myself but hey who cares, I'll probably get banned for showing out the bull in a vest to be a drama queen and full of NLBS.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Ok thanks for clearing that up.

I'm in my early 20s, still living at home, trying to learn as much about my rights and the law as possible.

When I get my own place there is no way I am funding these pedophiles and their cronies.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Hey no worries mate, you're only just older than my own son and I say never stop questioning, ever.
You guy's are the next generation, so from 'authority' to people ranting on internet forums, question everything, check claimed sources, and make your own mind up, everytime.

The UK is NOT quite the totalitarian state ranted in the OP, although the truth is less dramatic so probably doesn't sell as well.
But regarding this thread, the only 'story' here is that if you are convicted of a crime in a Scottish court, then refuse to pay it or arrange an easy payment plan, then ignore a few letters asking to contact them, and then try to leave the UK for a holiday, you will probably get stopped by border guards.
Only advice I would give is if you ever get convicted of something in Scotland and don't appeal/can't appeal, just arrange an easy payment plan, keep up to date with it and you will be free to leave the UK.

Oh and pretty much all legislation is published online by the UK government so if you hear any wild claims on ATS ask for the source of it and read the legislation yourself. I spent over a decade of my life employed to interpret statutory law, signing things off on behalf of Secretary's of State and the like, so if you ever need a pointer or two while questioning legislation please always feel free to message me. Especially if the wild dramatic claims smell a bit like BS.

Peace

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
an addition to grainofsands advice, I would recommend www.consumeruk.co.uk.
pages of information on all manner of subjects.
f.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
On a side note.
I'm not sure how many over the years but in 1993 there was 845 people put into prison for not paying the tv license so there must have been thousands jailed for non payment.
The courts and the bbc have made a fortune out of poor people when it comes to the tv license.
My daughter owes the court £18,00 for not buying a license twice over a period of seven years....this includes penalties for non payment of fine.....the thing is, she never had a tv for five of those years.
She just thought you had to have a license wether you have a tv or not.

It's totally wrong...especially a corporation having the right fine people.......

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a view ....
Meanwhile........ At The Metro in The UK

At Least there Someone that is standing up

edit on 12015MondayfAmerica/Chicago239 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
TV Licensing !!!

Yup...

Almost a Decade Ago...

TV licence fee collectors under investigation over 'bully-boy' tactics on people with no sets

By Paul Revoir for MailOnline
Updated: 17:09 EST, 9 July 2008

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 12015MondayfAmerica/Chicago239 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

This thread was my first (and last) venture into the NLBS play area.

I'm confused, what is wrong in expecting you to be a decent citizen and pay your bills whether it is a tax on your TV or, as in the US, your child support? In Texas, if you don't pay your child support, you can't get a hunting and fishing license, for example, as well as other restrictions for non-payment of child support. These laws/regs, both on this side of the pond and that seem fairly just to me. They are making some attempt to control the disregard of some folks for existing standards that a citizen is expected to respect as a matter of course. There is a word for that holier than thou person, "scofflaw."

True, there are many ways you can argue against these ways to bring the non-compliant citizen to heel, but to start yammering on about it all being a part of the NWO (which is real) is a self-serving attempt to paint the government as the bad government when it really is the sly person that wants to beat the system. After all, if you get a speeding ticket for actually violating the established limit and refuse to pay it, should you be allowed to continue driving? No. While that is a direct example of the penalty tied to the "crime," the extension of the penalties into other realms is a way to insure that a debt to society gets paid to lessen the burden on those that are not scofflaws. The law-abiding person won't complain much about you not getting to jet off to Spain for a holiday because of unpaid bills and warrants. They may even smile over your "misfortune."

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: HotLoad

Ummm...You probably lurked around the site before joining...I lurked for years before I joined...
I'm sure you've noticed that a goodly portion of posters are suckups for TPTB and will defend to the death their right to be wrong...

I want to say that your post was spot on...NLBS was designed to attract the childishly simplistic and speak to them in their own language...and by God...it's working...
I personally don't watch the schtick...I tried one once.........................Once...I only clicked on this thread because I thought it might have a transcript on their..."discoveries".......................nope...
Should they ever make a decision to stop pandering to the inner child...then I might watch them...

As one inner child already stated...Welcome...you'll fit right in...though not for any of the reasons heshe was quibbling about...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: solargeddon

As I said to the other poster, this is just nit-picking, you would not be sent to jail for non payment of court fine, if you hadn't been sent to court in the first place for not paying your T.V licence.

Not paying you T.V licence is a crime, which is why certain quarters are looking to decriminalise it.

I think you and me and you and others will never see this the same way, as far as I am concerned you are sent to jail for non-payment of licence, regardless of the path it takes.

Moreover I would like to know, how for so many years they were allowed to lie to us about the techniques they had, or not as the case has become at their disposal, Why did we allow them to do this?

Maybe if you follow your chain of events idea they are being sent to jail for buying a TV which led to not getting the TV licence which led to non payment of fines earning the money to buy the TV.

Not having a TV license is dealt with in a non custodial way, if a person then chooses to then go on to break another law law by not paying a fine that's something different. Also if you want to go to the other extreme , if they they went to jail and then murdered someone in jail and ended up serving life you couldnt say they got life imprisonment for not having a TV licence.

I think they have gotten away with it because the government has always used the BBC to do other things they consider important to the country.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Thank you for presenting the information in a balanced, fair and logical way, without resorting to any form of mockery of those who have concerns regarding this actual, real & true, very true, conspiracy.

I must admit I haven't enjoyed previous episodes, but this one was balanced - the guy from London has his head screwed on by the look of things. He's right - in Britain, we consider TV licensing to be totally normal. When we move home, as you do, you sort out your utility bills. We pay for water services (around $60 per month, to pipe water to us & treat sewage, etc), we pay for gas & electric, either by monthly debit from our account, or by using tokens for pay as you go meters. We also sort out our TV license. It's no big deal - only around $300 per year. Trouble is, barely anything worth watching gets made from those funds (unless you are really into home makeover or antique collection programmes). You really do need to have a full 'cable/satellite' TV subscription service - or at least Freeview - to have anything worth watching (it's best if you can afford the boxes with which recordings can be made). So you end up paying $300 a year for one channel, and £500 a year for 300 channels.

It really is NLBS, but we've become complacent.

Sadly, we are muzzled & watched - we're basically walking on eggshells. Without the right connections, or the Universe on your side, you really don't stand a chance of getting anything but a 'just about scraped through it' sort of life these days. Times past, you had a blue collar job, you were respected & you showed respect in turn - you worked your shifts, your wife perhaps worked part-time & looked after the kids - you had your mortgage, two cars, and a holiday once a year. Reasonable, dignified.

Now? It's fecking horrendous. People really, really, really struggle to even have enough funds to merely rent a house. And anyone who lives in social housing, who happens to have a 'spare' bedroom (even if it's needed because you're disabled, and your adapted living aids are stored in that room) must pay a scrape-back tax, literally known as the 'bedroom tax', which screws money out of the very poorest people in society - at least $40 a month; when you're on the breadline, that can be the difference between eating three meals a day / heating your home in winter, or having to choose between the two on a day-by-day basis. The current government came to power saying that people with mansions with more than eight bedrooms would be taxed to raise funds. Then, like a fist to the nose of reality, it was flipped round and the million poorest people had to pay what they couldn't afford, while those thousands of fat cats with eight bedrooms and ££££££ in the bank sit back on their deckchair catching some rays with a cocktail in hand, surveying their twenty acres of land & laughing demoniacally.

Unstable living arrangements do not make for good career progress - and with ever more 'streamlined, efficiency optimisation' activity going on in the corporations (IE - cutbacks & higher workloads, for lower pay), and the near death of anything resembling a useful Trade Union, all makes for a serious, serious problem. We were told by our media last year that rather than the traditional four classes (working, middle, upper, aristocracy), there are now at least seven, perhaps eight. Young people with a university degree, who can't find work in their chosen profession, who end up working in customer care call centres / low-paid technician roles (etc) make up one particular class, can't remember what BS name they gave it.

These days, the kids aged 18-25 are unlikely to be able to purchase a home of their own until they are 35-40 years old. And they will have to work until they're 80 to pay it off. Retirement at a dignified 65 years old? No chance. My landlord is a firefighter, and they've just been told that unlike the old arrangements, where they retired at the sensible age of 55, after dedicated & heroic service for thirty years or more - they now have to work until they're 65 before they receive their pension.

If you were in a house fire, would you want a 65 year old man carrying you down the 40 foot ladder, after his 40 years of back-breaking labour? Of course not. But that is the absolute truth of what's happening in this country, in a nutshell. Those who graft, who create the substrate of society upon which all else rests, are being totally, totally screwed over, repeatedly, then threatened covertly, stealth-taxed into deep poverty, forced to play along 'or else'. Unions have pretty much died out, and anyone below the age of 35 is almost guaranteed to be living in abject poverty in their 'golden years', unless they are counted amongst the lucky, with circumstances & opportunities to prosper. And if you prosper, you can guarantee that everything you saved will be taken from you one way or another - either by the fees when you need care at the end of life, or by taxation on the estate you leave behind. The beast must be fed, and it's very, very hungry.

Sad, sad situation, & it's getting more & more absurd...

Back to the related subject of TV licences funding the BBC - I'm getting to the point where I think that the BBC is just another arm of MI5. Last month, for the very first time, camera crews were allowed into GCHQ (our version of the NSA). On the monitors overhead the office space, was a full globe image from Google Earth (as though they'd use Google Earth, but there we go), and on the other monitor, the BBC 24hr news channel was rolling, with subtitles to be read as the news items are read out by the presenters. I think it was a hint - there were a few other tidbits in the piece too.

In order to balance this out a little: Yes, we're being broken down & effectively trained for slavery & deprivation - but in many ways, currently, we are very fortunate, in terms of certain systems that are in place to protect those who fall on hard times. We also seem to have a fairly well-organised & dedicated 'moral backbone' within much of the armed forces & Intelligence communities. However, sadly, due to constant desensitisation through goat-head, idiotic, vulgar & diabolical media, we are looking to lose the necessary critical mass of 'right standing, true patriots' within the next 10-30 years (if the world doesn't roll into WW3 before then).

Personally, I'm thankful for my current situation, and I feel quite conflicted now, as I reach the end of this comment. I do love much about our nation, but God knows we need a meritocracy instead of an autocracy / sham democracy.

Argh! The world is broken; who 'ya gonna call? Them spooky little gremlin bastards are everywhere.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join