It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people 'hate' the U.S. and Isreal.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I am not the painter, just a critic of the "picture" He paints. a reply to: TycoonBarnaby

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Pushing # down others throats usually creates enemies.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I don't think we are the most violent ,but I do think we are the best at it and THAT overshadows all else,our inherent DANGER and the ability to project power however corrupt our leaders.
WHO better?
Would Russia have been a good world PATRON?
Do you think China will be a paradise,perhaps you ignore the tenents of Violent factional ISLAM and see it as a minor issue?
WE have the bodies ,the tech,and the will to do the job,everybody either hates cops or is jealous.
YOU don't even know how bad the SECRET stuff done is the passed has been,it's only JUST coming out in CONSPIRACY theories.

EVEN so.
Better us.
edit on 5-2-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

So because the nation of the USA was forged upon not only raping the resources of a "new" land, but decimating the population of the indigenous peoples here, then further by the destructive actions through slavery and the industrial [pollution] revolution. We were "the first ones here and to go through it," so it is OK.

Other nations you mentioned aren't allowed to try and catch up using the same strategies because now the USA has "moved beyond them"? A country cannot excel through said means, and then later, when they are more advanced, condemn other nations for trying to catch up and use the same slingshot means. It sounds good to its own citizens, but it is completely hypocritical.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TycoonBarnaby

It's how the world OPERATES AGAIN who would you RATHER see in America's place?
Given the nature of the eastern forces WHO would you want to fight for you to be the dominant power?
RIGHT ?
Wrong?
PHILOSOPHY is nice but how it FEELS isn't going to help anyone, it feels like hell.
Other nations attempts to surpass us are obviously countered by more advance weapons and better troops.
To assign simple black and white logic to it all YES we are better.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I feel like you completely missed the point of my last post. It's not about who/what else I would have wanted to "get there first". It is about the USA being a bully and using the tactic of "well, yeah we got here through some unscrupulous means, and now none of you can do the same".

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

And doesn't address the facts nor the question. The US is the most violent nation on the planet.

Defending this 'reality' as a 'neccessary evil' shows lack of knowlegde and self-centered fear.

Most of the scenarios you propose are based on a fear-based premise that 'if we don't act this way someone else will' which assumes that other States and other peoples live in a similar state of mostly illusionary fear. I don't believe this to be the case - they live in a state of very real fear of the violence purpetrated by the US and it's client states. You assume, incorrectly, that everyone else thinks like you do.

Of course the US State is hated. Wouldn't you hate a State that violated your sovereignty? Take away that violation and most people would be relieved and happy to be 'free' of fear - a few would retaliate but not many.

You offer a very narrow view of the world, it's people and it's possiblites. It's a terrible thing, in my opinion to expect and see only the very worst of people and nations. The US as a nation embodied in the State shares your worldview (a Nazi Meme that actually won the day in the end) to the horror of most of the world (including a good sized segment of the citizens of the US).

Reacting with violence only begets violence. Acting with violence against 'perceived' threats creates violence and hatred.

You are a good, party-line american.
edit on 6-2-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TycoonBarnaby

I totally understand and agree with what you're saying.

However, when the country trying to get there bases their government on a violent belief system such as Islam it's hard to just sit and watch. I mean the religious politics in the Middle East do include a will to convert all nonbelievers or kill them.

I've always been against the invasions and I believe it's done for profit, but at the same time you have to admit that if a single dictatorship under Sharia law gains too much territory the rest of the world is going to be screwed.

That said, I don't think America goes over there to help anyone but itself and I haven't supported much of it at all.

But why do people hate the U.S.? We're arrogant. This country tries to take credit for everything good and make excuses for everything bad.

edit on 6-2-2015 by JessicaRabbitTx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
Because behind US hides a fascist corporate mafia that control both banks,mainstream media and the war industrial complex and the citizens of US have no real bravery to fix the problem and keep voting for the same corrupt people falling always for their distractions.

And Israel is an aggressive country that collectively behaves more like Nazi Germany than a healthy democratic secular society who do not take over land thru wars.

A nice concise turn of phrase. Isreal brings to mind the adage "You become what you hate".

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
a reply to: FyreByrd

Absolutely, you have not presented any data, just a list of things you think the US is guilty of.

You made a huge claim and included all of recorded history, but no evidence... It's on you to prove that the US is hands down the most violent nation ever. And I strongly disagree with that assertion.

Rome had gladiator combat, Nazi Germany had concentration and death camps, the Russian Purge, all seem more violent than contemporary USA.

Any data I could provide you, you would dispute. You don't provide any data for your last statement either.

It's not a matter of data - it's there. It's a matter of perception and scope, neither of which you care to understand.

There is much more to violence then specticles of violence as you quoted. Most violence (particularly US violence) is not so spectacular but more widespread and harmful. US citizens are horrified by a single beheading of an innocent yet find the hundreds of innocents regularly killed by drones quite acceptable.

Not acknowleging other types of violence, may allow you to justify US block agression and live with yourself, but it is not a clear view of the world.

The word ignorance has as it's root the word ignore. Ignoring facts that don't support your point of view is the very definition of ignorance.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   

People hate US and Israel because they are evil and do evil things

If you took my house, raped my wife and daughter and bought yourself a car with my life savings

I would hate you too

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I don't hate the US...I don't hate American people....but I hate what has US become in the last 50 years.

A gigantic war corporation, disassociated from it's people...a flagship of everything that's wrong about capitalism today.

I used to love America as a kid...it made me want to learn English....I wanted to be American.

I have become rather disenchanted with it, the more I grew up. It became an epicenter of a disease...a mental illness...that will eventually be our own downfall.

...and Israel...I'm really detached from it...and have no feeling about it, whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Elton

You can find so yourself, a great series that outlines US wars since ww2 is a documentary called in who's interest which isn't exhaustive by any means.

Part 1 www.youtube.com...
Part 2 www.youtube.com...
Part 3 www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
TrueBrit,
I don't reply or post often. Lurking and reading various threads that interest me, however, I'm here almost daily.
What you have posted is very eloquent and rings true.
Very nicely put and I agree.
I had to log in to say "Well said".
Cheers

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: JessicaRabbitTx

If you really believe islam is evil then lets look at an evil islamic leader like Gaddafi and compare him against Obama. Gaddafi gave his people free health, free education, full unemployment payments until government found everyone a job, free house for newly weds, each person was paid a subsidy for state owned oil sales into their bank account etc etc etc

What does Obama give you? DEBT.

If corporations that own media also are the same corporations that profit from war then wouldn't it be in their interest to brainwash americans with lies. Surely you must be wondering by now why is it that these mysterious terrorist seem hell bent on destroying Islamic states that aren't friendly to US and Israel! Wouldn't they be going after Islamic state that are friendly to US like S.A. Wouldn't they be attacking Israel to free the Palestinian people?
edit on 6 2 2015 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

I was listening to Dennis Praeger this morning... He just couldn't understanding why people could 'hate' Isreal or the US....

This is an easy one:

If the world hates you, be sure that it hated me before it learned to hate you. If you belonged to the world, the world would know you for its own and love you; it is because you do not belong to the world, because I have singled you out from the midst of the world, that the world hates you.

The United States has been the greatest force for freedom, for good and for goodwill that this planet has seen in it's history - the corruption of the current political left notwithstanding.

The fool Obama was welcomed like a messiah in Berlin.

Telling.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

No I'm a soldier who has DONE it.
My fear is mitigated by my faith in those like me,how YOU "FEEL" about it is irrelavant.
Philosophy fails under fire.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

If the world was a schoolyard playground and all the countries in it were represented by children, the US ans Israel would not only be the rich kids in custom made uniforms, they would be the playground bullies. People tend to hate getting pushed around by the bigger and meaner or more powerful, even if they are told it is in their best interests to get pushed around. People, and countries, are funny that way.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

I'm pretty sure that I stated the wars we've taken part in in the Middle East aren't intended to fulfill any need but greed.

At the same time it's easy for the US to justify them to its citizens, or make excuses because of the way things are in so many countries over there.

Also, if the msm shaped my views of Islam, I'd have a much softer opinion on it. My opinions on Islam come from reading the Qur'an.

edit on 6-2-2015 by JessicaRabbitTx because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join