It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people 'hate' the U.S. and Isreal.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Guten Tag- (This is to make You wonder if I'm German or just have Weimaraners and drive a cool VW GTIβ„’...)

Your answer starts with a "Z" You're starting Your query with an "A" (American, and a certain ATSβ„’ member if they read this will enjoy that We are using the full term "America" vs. 'Merica...)

But because only a Ginger can call a "Ginger", 'Ginger' Where here about the colonies do You call Your ecological niche? Where are You getting Your info/dis-info besides Dennis Praeger, or is a person whose job is to divide the division Your only source???

namaste

P.S. But because it is America We have the 'freedom' to say/type/utter whatever We want until the day We can't, how great is that?

Anti-ZIONism is not anti-Semitic...

It is the Zionist that You have the 'beef' with and so do the "sleeping masses" but as is noted 'they' are asleep as in not yet "wakened" to the fact(s)...

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

edit on 6-2-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

If u read that article more closely America was number one in household disposable income which means we have best standard of living just like what I said !

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tiberius10721
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Ok since you consider yourself more educated show me one country with a higher standard of living for their middle class citizens than the USA and one country with a better constitution and I don't want to hear about free healthcare for the bums either!

Clearly I am.

The US is not #1 on a whole host of different measures and variables, from economics to health care to freedom of press.

In education the US is far from the top. Our health care is one of the most expensive and inequitable in the developed world, not to mention it is universal in most developed nations. In actuality, we are falling behind much of Europe on economic variables such as social mobility, CONTRARY to America's "myth of the meritocracy." We actually have decreasing social mobility.

And to top it all off, our military and elite have been focused on empire building and the OPPOSITE of democracy and freedom rights abroad for almost 60 years. All factual. They themselves, and the millions of Americans who support all of it (torture, invasions, coups), are actually the real "anti-Americans" and in fact violate the spirit of the Constitution that you hold so dear.

The "real" Americans are those who actually believe in the universal (that means for all humans) rights of freedom, speech, due process, etc.

edit on 6-2-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

If u read that article more closely America was number one in household disposable income which means we have best standard of living just like what I said !

No, standard of living includes a whole host of variables. I can say this as a international development professional who studies these variables.

It also includes access to health care, education, quality of such things, and social mobility. All of which are not top for the US.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

you know as well as I do the availability of land and resources in those countries compared to the United states. For example here in America it is no big deal for a middle class citizens to own a couple acres of land with a 2400 square foot home and own three vehicles without having a college degree as long as they are willing to work for. The same cannot be said for middle class citizens in those other 5 countries ! A bunch of free stuff paid for by the tax payers does not mean a higher standard of living for the middle class! I don't associate the ability of the poor to get free stuff from hard working citizens to mean there is a higher standard of living!
edit on 6-2-2015 by tiberius10721 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

A bunch of free stuff paid for by the tax payers does not mean a higher standard of living for the middle class!

But, a bigger house does?

Standard of living tries to encompass an entire society. It includes (and weighs) things like class disparity, poverty rates, etc, equal to things like income and housing prices.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tiberius10721

Quality of life index for 2015 has three European countries above The U.S.

www.numbeo.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

I grew up in America, but have traveled to several countries and currently live in germany I've loved every place I've gone and met great people everywhere.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Lmao we have states that are bigger than those countries !πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

What about things that can't be measures like our constitution, national security,natural resourses ,individual rights and so on?
edit on 6-2-2015 by tiberius10721 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

All 50 States COMBINED still don't have a better quality of life than the three countries in Europe that are above them.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Lmao we have states that are bigger than those countries !πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Yet the world's largest empire originated from a speck (relatively speaking) of an island.

What about things that can't be measures like our constitution, national security,natural resourses ,individual rights and so on?

It is extremely arrogant to assume that the US Constitution is the pinnacle of societal governance.

National security? Call me when the US is half as old as the youngest members of the 'Old World'. Having a cohesive country for 1,000+ years...that is national security surpassing anything the 'New World' can compare with.

Natural resources are not limited to the continental US, and although she does have riches, so do others...some of which are bigger, with even more riches.

Individual rights...see first sentence of second rebuttal.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Well honestly I agree with you if I was content with just being an average citizen and having a bunch of free govt stuff I would agree but I'm not content with that lifestyle I want to be a landowner and have multiple property's and have something my kids can inherit because that is the American Dream for me. Not what the government can do for me but what I'm allowed to do for myself !

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

bunch of free govt stuff

Nothing is FREE.

It's paid through taxation.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Who are you trying to kid there is no other country that has a form of govt or a constitution close to ours lol! Now you are really reaching! Time and time again we have proven how are natural resourses and ingenuity come into play Everytime there has been a major conflict! Hell we kept the Russians from taking over all of Europe during the Cold War just by our presence!

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Exactly and we have some of the lowest tax rates for the middle class out of most civilized nations

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
The USA is the most violent country in the history of the planet with arguably Isreal coming in second place. I don't think there is any disputing this.

The US military is the largest polluter on the planet and is using limited resources needed by people in the name of endless war.

By what metrics are you basing these opinions?

China has been the world's leading polluter since 2007. Per capita, I think the USA trails Russia and per unit of land mass USA isn't even top 5.

USA is 111 in homicides per capita, 22nd in overall crimes, 3rd in total military personnel (57th per capita), and scored a 2.13 on the Global Peace Scale... good for 63rd place on the least peaceful chart. By comparison, Russia was 8th least peaceful with a 3.06 rating.

Your argument seems to fail.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Exactly and we have some of the lowest tax rates for the middle class out of most civilized nations

And some of the highest number of homeless people, and those depending on food stamps in the First World.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Who are you trying to kid there is no other country that has a form of govt or a constitution close to ours lol! Now you are really reaching!

Yup, perfectly explains why many countries have not adopted it. Even ones with fully democratic leadership. I for one would never replace my country's Charter (even with it's flaws) with the US Constitution.

Time and time again we have proven how are natural resourses and ingenuity come into play Everytime there has been a major conflict! Hell we kept the Russians from taking over all of Europe during the Cold War just by our presence!

And it is a wonder why the US image suffers...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join