It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, Jordan's King Abdullah II is not personally flying planes against Isis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Rumors got out of control

I think it's funny how quickly everyone jumps on the bandwagon in solidarity with the King when the rumors started.

A Jordanian government spokesman has denied rumours that the Jordanian King Abdullah II, a trained pilot, is personally conducting airstrikes against the Islamic State (Isis).

Mohammed al-Momani said in a statement that reports about the personal involvement of the King in combat missions on IS targets is unfounded and baseless.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Well thats a bugger!, egg on our faces for giving him support!, i still respect him for having a more pro active approach against i.s, air strikes are helping a bit, but they wont defeat them with those alone. Trainning the kurds also helping, but they need greater numbers, and a real army to support them. Boots on the ground is not a ideal situation, but i think its gonna be the only way of completely eradicating the scum.
All the best.
B. V. H

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: billyvonhelvete

I just thought it was silly that 2 of the top threads on ATS right now are about the King flying combat missions, and most of the comments in those threads were along the lines of "I wish our president was more like that." People don't even stop to think for one second that maybe it's a little weird that the King is going on dangerous combat missions to just to exact revenge.

He might be the King of Jordan, but he still can't do what ever he wants. They all have handlers who make their decisions for them, and whoever is in charge of him wouldn't let him risk his life like that.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I never replied to the other two threads because i guessed it was all a crock of ####.

All you wannabe Warmongers and military Fanboys who have never so much as sniffed a MRE can now put away the Jordanian flags, posters of The king in his flight gear and the box of Kleenex for another day. lol.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
All you wannabe Warmongers and military Fanboys who have never so much as sniffed a MRE ...

I'm a US Army Veteran and I admire the fact that Jordan has a man with Special Forces experience running the country. He was willing to put his life on the line for Jordan, and that means a lot. If he flies this mission or not .. he was willing to do so in the past. Most of our elected officials haven't volunteered to serve their country to this degree.

Oh ... and I've had my fair share of MREs and I've spent the night cold and dirty in fox holes (Jan/Feb in Ft. Dix NJ).

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ZeroReady

and most of the comments in those threads were along the lines of "I wish our president was more like that."

But, the difference is that the POTUS did fly and accomplish the mission of destroying all the terrorists, remember.....

Thats why terrorism does not exist anymore and we have never been more free.

The department of homeland security loves you, and so does the TV / Radio that has been so truthful and accurate with this story in the past 24hrs.

/sarc.

PROPAGANDA - HIDE YOUR SCUM.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I have also had my share of mre's, and see more the enough conflict.a reply to: Soloprotocol

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Maybe people want their male president to be a man and not some weak pansy. I get the feeling he will roll over and play dead during a real crisis.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Whether or not the King personally piloted a plane is pointless. What matters is that the King and his country delivers a strong message to IS. I think they have, and will continue to do so.

top topics

join