It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside a Black Hole

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2002 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Well, there is a theory that ET might use the gravity well of a blak hole as a slingshot to propel them. Similar to what we do today using planets...

posted on Dec, 21 2002 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Yeah... I guess that'd work.... 'Cept if the aliens go towards a planet they'd be an intergalctic pancake!!

Also, what if they get too close? They'd be screwed...

posted on Dec, 22 2002 @ 08:26 AM
link   
There are also theories that talk about going into a certain part (can't remember all the details...) of a black hole, that allow's you to come out into a different part of this universe or another one entirely...

But using it as a slingshot, IMHO wouldn't make them a pancake
They'd only be going a certain speed... I don't think it would be THAT fast
Plus....it's ET...they'd have better tech that would seem like magic to us

posted on Dec, 22 2002 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by JamesG
There are also theories that talk about going into a certain part (can't remember all the details...) of a black hole, that allow's you to come out into a different part of this universe or another one entirely...

But using it as a slingshot, IMHO wouldn't make them a pancake
They'd only be going a certain speed... I don't think it would be THAT fast
Plus....it's ET...they'd have better tech that would seem like magic to us

Magic... that makes us humans sound so.... stupid....

Yes, I'm assuming that there has to be a certain part of the black hole that allows us to either escapeor get warped wherever. It's just where that spot is...

BTW I was speaking figuratively when I said "pancake." Just so you know.

posted on Dec, 22 2002 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Acutally, my reply on aliens is not off topic. It was dealing with NASA. I was saying that NASA too is covering up proof that we know of aliens, and that they on Earth.

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 08:19 AM
link   
HLW,

Well...if you compare human's to alien's that have mastered interstellar travel...we are stupid

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
Acutally, my reply on aliens is not off topic. It was dealing with NASA. I was saying that NASA too is covering up proof that we know of aliens, and that they on Earth.

JM, this topic is on black holes, not NASA trying to cver up aliens. I mentioned NASA not wasting men trying to find out what's inside a black hole, and you go off talking about how NASA is trying to keep aliens from us. That's what I mean. if you had said something like "Aliens are using black holes to get to Earth and abduct us"(which I seriously doubt), then you would be talking about the same thing as the rest of us. But "NASA would waste all the men it has, because they're covering up aliens on Earth!!!" is waaaaaaaaay off.

JamesG, naw. We're just as intelligent. Just more stubborn, less advanced so far, and way too obssessed with blow each other up.

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Naw, we are primitive compared to aliens. Very primitive. It is just that they don;t know us very much.

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Naw, we are primitive compared to aliens. Very primitive. It is just that they don;t know us very much.

this is a recording, this is a recording.....

Oh, I've been doing some research on the sub. of black holes, and I came across a theory close to what TheCat brought up. It says that we could possibly be inside a humongous black hole at this very time.
Let me explain.
OK, here's what they have: The Universe could have started when a black hole in another universe formed. This allowed some matter to go inside the black hole and get trapped. The matter had been crushed to the size of an atom, and, just like it is theorized, a Big Bang went off, and sent gas and molecules going all over. That's one part of the theory, or half of how universes form.

Now, the other way for universes to form in black holes is, in theory, when a Big Crunch happens. All the matter in the former universe is crushed down because of some unexplainable reason. Then another Big Bang happens, and the process starts all over again.

The latter is the "biggie": This may be some sort of Main Universe that all others branch off of. When that one Crunches, all the others are cut off, and when it Bangs again, they all start up and are exposed to this Main Universe. This would allow many different alternate realities, or at least many, many kinds of elements and laws of physics.

It also possible that we are the result of a highly advanced race of physicists that made some black hole expiraments!
Maybe, in one universe or another, a bunch of scientists created a black hole as part of a study on how they work. They, they inadvertently allow gases and other matter to get inside, and voila, they you have it: a Universe with all sorts of new species ready to form.

So I take back what I said before; this new information erases all that I said, or at least explains reasons against me.

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 01:12 PM
link   
HLW,

If we were just as intelligent, we'd already have ATLEAST colonized our own solar sytem. But why doubt the use of black holes as a mode of propulsion? It work's in theary/on paper... An advanced enough civilization could do it...

I also tried arguing FOR the blackhole universe idea... I don't think many people like it... I'm gonna call them flat earther's

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by High_Lord_Warrior

It also possible that we are the result of a highly advanced race of physicists that made some black hole expiraments!
Maybe, in one universe or another, a bunch of scientists created a black hole as part of a study on how they work. They, they inadvertently allow gases and other matter to get inside, and voila, they you have it: a Universe with all sorts of new species ready to form.

That is crazy. God was behind our creation, not some alien race. Are you Catholic? If you are then my friend, you are in deep trouble for these crazy thoughts. Become a Hindu.

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 02:50 PM
link   

That is crazy. God was behind our creation, not some alien race. Are you Catholic? If you are then my friend, you are in deep trouble for these crazy thoughts. Become a Hindu.

Hey, I never said that God didn't make them. Besides, I said it was possible, not definiate. Don't read too much into my posts.
And insultin' the Hindus is no way to go about this forum.

And while it may be farfetched, in this Universe, you never know.

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 03:33 PM
link   
ROFLMAO!!!

Stop and think for a minute...

There is just as much evidence for god creating us as there is for aliens creating us... Actually...the alien theory is older than the god theory... hmmm

God = Bible, roughly 3,000 year old theory
Alien's = The Annunaki of ancient summeria, roughly 5-6,000 year old theory...maybe older.

It is also known the the bible itself is a rip off of some of the sumerian scripts... For example...the flood!

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by High_Lord_Warrior

Hey, I never said that God didn't make them. Besides, I said it was possible, not definiate. Don't read too much into my posts.
And insultin' the Hindus is no way to go about this forum.

And while it may be farfetched, in this Universe, you never know.

We were made by the Lord one way or another. He did not have some aliens make us! These thoughts get you sent to hell.

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Jedi...

The ancient summerian's account's of creation are much older than the bible's... The ancient summerians...well...talk about aliens in great detail... The ancient summerian's...are much older than ANY monotheistic religion on this earth...

They also had knowledge of all nine planet's....and then some...thing's they shouldn't have known back then...

There are some indication's of a tenth planet out in the kupier belt...

Even the dogon tribe of africa have an alien myth...and knowledge we just recently discovered as true...

Your god...has produced so called miracles, that man today can do... your god...well...ain't much of a god... It's already known that atleast the flood account was stolen from the summerian's... now if one story can be stolen...why not more?

Oh...one last thing... the more ancient god's before your god...were considered real beings....your's has alway's been a supernatural invisable thing...

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 07:30 PM
link   
But those gods did crap. The true and only god has preformed miracles when they could not be done back then. Like make a blind man see again.

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Oh...ok....And what factual proof do you have that your invisable god was/is the source of these so called miracles?

BTW...the more ancient god's did preform similar miracles...

Your current god...will never be proven untill you die... The annunaki...all ready have more proof in there favor than your's does...

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 08:17 PM
link   

We were made by the Lord one way or another. He did not have some aliens make us! These thoughts get you sent to hell.

Hate to gang up on you, Double-T, but..... Science usually overrides religion, despite what people think.

And one good thing about being in Hell.... Nice hot tubs.

JamesG has the 1-Up on you: The Sumerians' account of things is... well.... much more believable than the Bible's.
Also, I never thought I'd hear these words out of your mouth:

Originally posted by JediMaster:
The true and only god did things that could not be done back then. Like make a blind man see.

It's out ot Uber-Catholic's own mouth: God couldn't do something.... you heard it right here...

Your own words are against you, JM. That is, if I interpreted right, which I really think I did.

P.S. Really don't mean to gang up on you.
P.P.S Please don't try to twist your own words. Please.
P.P.P.S. JamesG, let's try not to put him down too much. This "I'd follow god off the Brooklyn Bridge." thing means a lot to him.

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Well, I am pissed at both of you [Mainly JamesG]. My god is the only god there is! Not some crazy Hindu guy with seven heads! He can perform any miracle he wants to. He is all powerfull. He was behind our creation. Not some alien, or science. My god has done things before science could do it. His son made a blind man see again. Could science have done that back then?

Why [This is directed to HL] would you be happy in hell!? You fool. You would rather be in torment than paradise?!? Only Go can save you, not science.

I obey my Lord and the only lord. Please listen and be saved. If you denounce him you'll be damned.

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 08:55 PM
link   
JM, who said i wanted to be saved. I'm a big boy. i can save myself. I don't need some big ol' powerful entity to "save" me. i'll take responsibility for my actions. And besides, you learn more from the almighty torment: loss.

James, I'll take care of this one for you. Jedi, I hope you realizae nothing is almighty. And I mean nothing. The time/space continuum is not effected by an entity whose ower is beyond and living beings. The belief in Him, though, is what effects the TSC. He has no more effect on the would than a mountain does.

It is the mere belief in a mighty and invisible being that gives the spur to action. And nowadays, your little "blind man sees" thing is meaningless. The bionic chip that allows visiblity in the eyes of the blind. So, not saying it'll be a bad thing when Christ comes again, but everythig he did back then will have been done by normal men. Your blind loyalty will be down the drain, because men will have done it.

And... you're being angry with me means.... what, exactly? Jeez, you hav no idea what you're talking about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join