It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools sends kids home coatless in 30 degree weather: Violates School uniform

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

We're talking about 6th graders here.

Because individual children mature at different rates, it may be safer for one family to allow their 10-year-old son to let himself into the house after school while the parents of a 13-year-old can’t do the same thing. Parents also have to take their children’s ability to handle emergencies into account. The biggest question these parents have to look at is whether their children can handle injuries, fire or illness. Once the parents have educated their children on how to contact them, what they can eat for a snack and the importance of staying inside once they are home, the parents need to monitor their children’s ability to follow these rules.
www.livestrong.com...

Probably around 10 or 11 years old. In some states it would be illegal to leave them alone and quite frankly I can see how some parents would prefer not to!! Maybe a good reprimand for the fool that took the coats away in the first place would be to take the coats to the homes of the owners and apologize?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: MrWendal

Unless those were felony charges charged by a federal officer, charges and case study in DC is irrelevant to laws and case studies in North Carolina. If you want to produce precedent for such charges, produce a case in North Carolina where the incident in the OP took place. You can't use DC law to charge someone in North Carolina.

You clearly have no idea how precedence works do you? Let me help you. We will start by defining what is legal precedence....

In common law legal systems, a precedent or authority is a principle or rule established in a previous legal case that is either binding on or persuasive for a court or other tribunal when deciding subsequent cases with similar issues or facts.

The issue or fact in this case would be having a child outside in cold temperatures. Which obviously in DC would fall under the child cruelty law.

A person commits the crime of cruelty to children in the second degree if that person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly: (1) Maltreats a child or engages in conduct which causes a grave risk of bodily injury to a child;

In North Carolina, it would fall under the neglect laws which is defined as

A child who does not receive proper care, supervision, or discipline from the child's parent, guardian, custodian, or caretaker

Each State has it's own laws, they are named or titled differently, but for the most part States have the same laws with some variations in wording and language.

It's law, not rocket science.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
How those WALLS I mean laws working out for ya so far?

Wave those U$ flags with enthusiasm, get star struck with Super Bowl and movies about snipers as war heroes.

We a nation of laws right?

Mission Accomplished
Now watch this drive

Pretty sure 100% of us...includes you so called successful good people have been beaten to a bloody pulp by the idiot stick.
edit on 5-2-2015 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

That still doesn't mean you can use DC law to make a case in NC. You have to use NC law to make a case. The laws may exist in both states and be titled differently, but that doesn't mean that you can use a law in one state in court proceedings in another state. If you tried to do that, you'd be laughed out of court.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Oh, i'd be up there talking to the teacher about getting the coats back if it was my kids, and i would also be dragging the teacher out side to say a few choice words, and then proceed to tell him/her what would happen if my kids ever came home without a coat again.

There would be no mistake, that teacher would know to never pull that stunt again.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I'd be right along side you if I were younger, but I fear the sheep will be content and accept their treatment. When the US does come undone, it will be nice to watch their payback. Only Non-sheep will do what needs done.a reply to: stirling

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Did your stepmom really do that?
I believe you but I thought my life had/was tough, some of us just get an added portion of "fertilizer".
Hon, you must have something seriously important to do in this place to survive that.
Oh, I am off topic.

The topic is stupidity. If we don't fight it, we are lost. We MUST speak against the silent passive agressive tyrany of those who assume control. Assume. You find them in the least positions where they can assert them selves in a narcissistic, magnanamus mannner.
The little Kings.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

Did your stepmom really do that?
I believe you but I thought my life had/was tough, some of us just get an added portion of "fertilizer".
Hon, you must have something seriously important to do in this place to survive that.
Oh, I am off topic.

The topic is stupidity. If we don't fight it, we are lost. We MUST speak against the silent passive agressive tyrany of those who assume control. Assume. You find them in the least positions where they can assert them selves in a narcissistic, magnanamus mannner.
The little Kings.

Yeah, it was my sister, and I. I sometimes think she was a little mentally ill just not diagnosed. I joke it was my stubborn Hungarian/Irish/Brit stock that refuses to let me lie down and stop. I'm too stubborn to die. The female Rasputin if you will. Anyafaj is a nod to my Hungarian heritage. Anya means mother. Faj means hurt. So I'm a mother in pain, if you will. I couldn't find a good translation, so this was the best I could do.

Back on topic. I COMPLETELY agree. It seems we are beating common sense out of our teachers before we throw them into the educational system. I don't know if they aren't "teaching" it to them, per se, or just dumbing them down while they're in college. I spent a year and a half as a education major. I just ran out of money is all and didn't want anymore debt than I have already. I would have had to add ANOTHER $40-50K to what I already had. I said the heck with that.

edit on 2/5/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

That still doesn't mean you can use DC law to make a case in NC. You have to use NC law to make a case. The laws may exist in both states and be titled differently, but that doesn't mean that you can use a law in one state in court proceedings in another state. If you tried to do that, you'd be laughed out of court.

Apparently you failed to read what I posted last.

I posted the DC law that the parents were charged under.

Then I posted the EXACT NC law that could be applied.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join