It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

malachi 2:3 - ewwww gross!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Smoked meats and foods could be like sacrificing in moloch's fires.

These flavors are delicious but spiritually who knows what spirits are imparted into the body.

Our diets could very well shape our thought patterns.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Maybe, maybe not. The smoke of some things is pleasing to the Lord in burnt offerings. So not every type of smoke is bad.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

That's dung as fuel for burning.

I understand that. But this was "defiled bread. It was defiled with dung, any way you look at it.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: windword

You cook something on a dung fire and there is definite involvement. So of course the bread is defiled.

Why do you think we use mesquite, hickory, apple and various other woods in the smoker? It's because of the flavor they impart, but no one actually thinks there IS wood in the food.

But in this case the food would be crap-flavored. Yum!

Yeah. That's the point of Ezekiel being forced by God to eat bread defiled by poop, whether it be human poop or cow poop. But, seeing as how Ezekiel had some awesome visions after eating the bread, I'd say there's a good chance there were shrooms in the bread.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
I understand that. But this was "defiled bread. It was defiled with dung, any way you look at it.

Yes, and as I told you, it was an acted out prophecy about the future condition of the Jews in their enforced exile.
They would have no choice but to eat bread which had been defiled by this kind of cooking.

That's the difference between deliberately selecting things out of context for the sake of finding things that sound odd, and making a genuine attempt to understand what is going on.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Does it matter?
This thread is about the image of God forcing poop on people's faces and I added the story of God making Ezekiel eat bread made with poop.

God forced Ezekiel to eat bread defiled with poop. whether it was baked within the bread or used a fuel to bake the bread. So what if was a prophecy? So what if God was trying to warn Israel? It was Ezekiel who ate the poop laden bread, and the people were exiled anyway.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
OK, if you want to insist that accepting my explanation is some kind of victory, I won't try to take that away from you.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

What victory? It's just another example of the Old Testament God's disdain for his people.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

So if I tell my kid not to touch a hot pot and he promptly does so ... am I showing disdain for my child?

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

How does that even apply to THIS threat?

I'm going to punish your descendants. I'm going to spread excrement on your faces, the excrement from your festival sacrifices. You will be discarded with it.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Parent warns child.

Child does not take warning to heart. Does what parent says not to do.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I have kindly taken care to explain all that.. but you don't care to even read the explanation and attempt to understand it.

Have fun with your agenda.. I am out.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Parent warns child.

So then, parent threatens to smear poop all over said child's offsprings' faces, and then promises to discard them as filth.

Sounds legit!

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I've read and answered your, so called, explanation. I don't need your explanation to understand why poop smeared on one's face is an insult or why desert people used it as an example of their "god's" disdain.

edit on 2-2-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: lonesomerimbaud
a reply to: rokkuman
Don't mess with what is sacred to me with just a lot of mud slinging. Valid criticism on an intellectual level is great, but all the nasty digs I will fight against and I have a right to when you are dissing what I care about deeply.

This sounds a bit narcissistic, as if you're the only individual on this site, that the OP was only speaking to you, and that you take such offense to this fantasy.

Like it or not, people can discuss whatever they want--if rokkuman finds a passage in the Bible that he/she finds disgusting, that's okay. Rokkuman was asking for an explanation, not a sermon on messing with things sacred to you or rants about you fighting against things you care about deeply getting "dissed."

You're getting all worked up over nothing--so the OP used a word you don't like. Get. Over. It. (It's the Bible...who's to say your interpretation is the right one?)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

yes, you ignored the biblical explanation of the prophecy in favor of your own literal interpretation of prophecy..

Don't worry, many Christians don't like the biblical explanation either since it speaks against their own deeds.. they, like you, would prefer it to be literal poop in someone else s face rather than their own misleading teachings in their own face so you share common ground with them..
edit on 2-2-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

yes, you ignored the biblical explanation of the prophecy in favor of your own literal interpretation of prophecy..

I have no idea why you, and other Christians, feel the need to defend the ignorant customs and acrimony of ancient warring desert tribes and their curses on each other as if it were "God's" solemn word. Like I said, you imagine that you see Jesus everywhere and anywhere, even in completely inappropriate places, like defiled bread and animal feces smeared on people's faces.

Your claim that your opinion should be accepted as the biblical explanation would be humorous if your arrogance and your need to set yourself up as an authority on all matters biblical, wasn't so troubling and sad.

edit on 2-2-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

You certainly don't have to accept the explanation which was shown through the bible.. but I did have to speak it.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Maybe the poo came from a bee.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Parent warns child.

So then, parent threatens to smear poop all over said child's offsprings' faces, and then promises to discard them as filth.

Sounds legit!

I will try to explain one more time, but it may be hard for you to grasp since you dont' believe in God.

The God of the Bible and Christianity demands perfection. In the OT, he laid down the Covenant of the Law that defines how his followers have to behave in order to gain their place with Him after death. It must be followed perfectly in order to go to Heaven.

There was one tribe - the Levites - whose job it was to not only follow this Law but to instruct the rest of the tribes in how to follow the Law. In this case, God is warning that tribe because not only are they falling astray in following the Law themselves, but they are teaching false doctrine to the rest of the tribes and thus leading them all astray. Basically, they are spewing sh** from their mouths. And that's what God threatens to punish them with - sh**.

Because it's not like their disobedient natures are just dooming them, they're dooming people who don't know any better and think they are doing the right thing while following false doctrine. But I guess when you don't believe the idea of dooming people to damnation because you aren't doing what you swore to do doesn't merit a very severe and humiliating punishment.

Of course, they had the chance to correct their ways and avoid that punishment, and they decided not to in their own pride which is a very human failing.

So, yes, parent says don't touch the pot and the child touches the pot.
edit on 2-2-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join