It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS #35: The Anti-Vaccination Movement and the Measles Outbreak

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: blargo
a reply to: thebtheb
Wow. Before the measles vaccine on average 500,000 people per year caught the virus and on average 500 people died. In the last 10 years 189 people died from the vaccine. So lets do the math, 5,000 people died from measles in 10 years before the vaccine and now 189 die due to vaccine in 10 years. Seems pretty easy decision here.

Not really. The measles vaccine came out in 1963. By the early 50s, measles rates/deaths had already down to present levels anyway.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: thebtheb

You are still not researching any of your claims are you.Even after I gave you a source to look up these things.

From 1956 to 1960, an average of 450 measles-related deaths were reported each year.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: thebtheb
Not really. The measles vaccine came out in 1963. By the early 50s, measles rates/deaths had already down to present levels anyway.

In the US, there are perhaps a few dozen to a couple hundred cases per year. In the decade before 1963, there were 3-4 million cases per year.

www.cdc.gov...
www.cdc.gov...

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The hoax at the center of the origins of the anti-vaxxer movement… we called it first!

Blame the anti-vaccine hysteria on this guy

The anti-vaxxer hysteria can be traced back to one seminal event: the press conference called by London's Royal Free Hospital in February 1998 to publicize a research paper, since retracted, that Andrew Wakefield had written for esteemed medical journal The Lancet.

During that conference, Wakefield presented his explosive findings — since found to be baseless — which he claimed connected the measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine to the onset of autism, a neurodevelopmental disorder characterized by impaired social interaction. Jeremy Laurance, a journalist who was there at the time, later called it "one of the biggest public relations disasters in medicine."

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
From 1956 to 1960, an average of 450 measles-related deaths were reported each year.

That's actually closer to the world-wide peak, per day.

Before the widespread distribution of the vaccine, there was an average of 400 deaths per day, world-wide.

In 1958, there were 750,000 cases of measles in the US, with over 1,000 deaths and an estimated 90,000 cases with long-term disabilities from the disease.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Apologies, I wasn't being very specific the average of 450 measles-related deaths per year from 1956 to 1960 was just for the US not worldwide. There seems to be a lot of focus on the US in the thread I was illustrating that even in the US with the some of the best medical and living conditions in the world we still experienced that many deaths.

I got my information from Oxford Journals, The Journal of Infectious Diseases

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: hearows
Liberty comes with the responsibility to educate yourself on all the risks and benefits of the vaccine. If you're not willing to form your own thoroughly informed opinion, take the advice of a doctor who is willing to inform you in detail.

Measles is a preventable disease, however, the more people who choose to opt out for reasons other than allergies are creating potential hosts and vectors which could result in mutations of the virus or in worst case scenarios kill someone else.

To allow a single preventable death where the best scientific knowledge and evidence available has concluded the potential for side effects and reactions is comparably low, is unforgivable in our modern society. There is a historical death toll for measles that dwarfs all adverse reactions to the vaccine itself in both frequency and severity.

The freedom to choose not to vaccinate is one leveraged against the safety of others, and the actions of others to keep it statistically unlikely that the unvaccinated within the herd will be safe. Without the vaccinated, there is no debate, no risks of side effects, only the very real and potentially deadly effects of preventable illness. The potential risks of vaccination do not, in any case, outweigh the value of a single life lost to preventable disease. Propagating myths to the contrary is singularly corrupt logic.

TL;DR
Learn to science.

Right, of course in no way ever would a VACCINATED person cause mutations when they also get the disease.

You really believe all the vaccinations have been completely and thoroughly vetted and every possible scenario involved researched ??

These people admit they cannot even fathom two steps of a genome sequence and you are saying that these clowns have safe limits involved ??

I wonder how much MUTATION the human race has gone through since we have been injecting all these strange things into our bodies, we should just believe all the steroid companies as well and jab that stuff into ourselves, hey, the gains outweigh the risks right ??

Heck, no chance EVER that bad science and other agendas could ever slowly worm their way into these fields, of course not!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

ALOT of people have been not vaccinating for longer than that, but I would say the internet got a lot better around that time, and this leads to people READING, and not believing every BS they hear from the media and the coached coerced doctors.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
This is an outstanding video that is for people who truly want to know more about the facts of the danger of vaccines. Russel Blaylock has provided a real eye opener here. Dr. Blaylock is a nationally recognized, board-certified neurosurgeon, author and lecturer. His credentials include 26 years of experience in neurosurgery, editorship of the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons, and Journal of the American Nutraceutical Association. Did you know that most of the vaccines that are supplied to the USA come out of bio-chemical labs in China?

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS
If they'd remove the nasty adjuvants, and other preservatives they
add to the vaccines I'd say you are right.

Adjuvants

Thiomersal - derived from mercury

Doctor speaking about mercury in vaccines

There are many other adjuvants, and they are the cause of concern, and the fact
that amish communities that do not vaccinate have a much lower rate of autism.

Please do take the time to read through a few of them, particularly the MMR.

Vaccine insert links - PDFs

When those issues can be addressed, you might get them to see things your way.

Also in Germany they discovered a vaccine for the sheep, and a cleaner one for
the politicians, bankers, wealthy and police.

Better vaccines for the non-sheep

When you look at things like Plum island, Hanford, MK Ultra, you realize the
government doesn't always have your best interest in mind.

Corporate America is no better selling HIV infected drugs to
people when they knew it was going to kill people.

HIV infected drugs knowingly sold by Bayer

None of these psychopaths in the US who did this went to jail.

edit on 4-2-2015 by Ex_MislTech because: content

edit on 4-2-2015 by Ex_MislTech because: link

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   

More and more I am not buying any of this NLBS stuff

When I see them make fun of EM fields and vaccines

I smell an agenda

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ExitOptional48

More and more I am not buying any of this NLBS stuff

When I see them make fun of EM fields and vaccines

I smell an agenda

Ya some of the ATS staff was called to DC, and I have a feeling
they were told to stay on script much like the politicians.

Can't blame them for not wanting to end up like Michael Hastings.

Also for those who think the vaccine protects them, why do
they then turn around and yell at those who don't take it
if they are in fact protected if they took the vaccine ???

The truth is vaccines are about more then what we are being told.

Much the same with GMO foods as mentioned by well known scientists.

GMO found to cause harm

The precedent is set, the government is not your friend.
edit on 4-2-2015 by Ex_MislTech because: content

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Ex_MislTech

Absolutely agree

The question is why do our fellow people on ATS and life in general keep betraying us and themselves

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: InFriNiTee
This is an outstanding video that is for people who truly want to know more about the facts of the danger of vaccines. Russel Blaylock has provided a real eye opener here. Dr. Blaylock is a nationally recognized, board-certified neurosurgeon, author and lecturer. His credentials include 26 years of experience in neurosurgery, editorship of the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons, and Journal of the American Nutraceutical Association. Did you know that most of the vaccines that are supplied to the USA come out of bio-chemical labs in China?

CHINA? WTF!

I just wanted to reply to this post so that it appears again in case anyone missed it.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Vaccine is 30% effective? How many of you would fly in a 30% effective airplane?

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: tmeister182

And how many people did that 30% save?.
It is still a high number.
They have to guess which way the flu will go and sometimes it is not as effective some years but still that is 30% of people who did not get the flu and saved many lives.

edit on 4-2-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Sadly this would endanger the children, who at such a young age really have no choice in what their parents decide.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

your wrong. what you meant was rubella. if a pregnant woman get rubella the baby will be born with congenital defects

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The vaccine debate is spilling over into the 2016 presidential race and I couldn't be happier about it.

Unfortunately, maybe ironically, I find my opinions being mirrored by republican voices for the first time in my life.

It's an odd feeling.

I'm am happy a national debate is currently happening though, and only hope it will lead to actual studies on the effects and effectiveness of vaccines on children and even adults.

The case on a link between vaccine ingredients and autism is obviously not as closed as some posters on this site would like to believe (and shout at others) otherwise this would not be gaining the kind of attention that it is.

I look forward to the day when we can decisively say one way or another that the vaccines of today are safe/unsafe.

For now my child will remain free of any foreign chemicals entering their body through any unnatural ways.

I enjoy the sight of a happy child, not stifled by crippling toxins that destroy his brains ability to develop normally.

I predict that Mercury amongst other chemicals within the current vaccine schedules in the United States will be shown in the near future to be contributing factors to the rise of childhood illness we have seen in this country.

Either that or we are seeing the beginning stages of a debate that will end with mandatory vaccinations for EVERYBODY!

The last one really scares because the potential is there for this debate to turn into that.

Especially with some of the comments I have been reading on this website, specifically this thread.

Our freedom to allow or not allow foreign chemicals into our bodies should not be infringed. I do feel that it may happen though. If that is the case perhaps it is finally time to leave once and for all.

edit on 242015 by ControlledChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ControlledChaos

What about enjoying a child being happy free from crippling diseases not caught from others who refuse to vaccinate.
I bet the first outbreak and deaths in your area would mean you first in the queue to get a shot.
Happened in Wales last year.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join