It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS #35: The Anti-Vaccination Movement and the Measles Outbreak

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
a reply to: deadeyedick

your wrong. what you meant was rubella. if a pregnant woman get rubella the baby will be born with congenital defects

Wrong.
Measles can cause many problems to pregnant women.

www.nhs.uk...

This poor chaps mother caught measles when she was pregnant.

www.bbc.co.uk...

(lovely story btw)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
In response to the measles outbreak, MSNBC running with a story about conspiracy theories about vaccines right now.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ExitOptional48
a reply to: Ex_MislTech

Absolutely agree

The question is why do our fellow people on ATS and life in general keep betraying us and themselves

Some have been told to get back on script by the same people who run the
modern day equivalent of Operation Mockingbird.

Some think they will be part of the 500 million left alive after the
Neo-Malthusians complete their "herd management" program
that we were warned about by Orwell in Animal Farm.

A single event like the georgia guidestones can be dismissed,
but when you see the science czar writing books saying much
the same thing then its time for concern.

Then you have Eric Pianka giving a speech saying he wants
90% of the planet dead via an engineered strain of Ebola.

Other Eugenics whack jobs have been mumbling the same
genocidal mania for years.

So its time to admit that Hitler was not the only insane person
on planet earth, and its time yet again to rethink Operation
Paperclip and what we installed in our universities.

Here on ATS I offer the concept of original intent.

ATS was made to expose government cover ups, and the
slight shift to staying on the government messaging to me
is likely them trying to keep the alphabet agencies from
harassing them.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Didn't we used to just call these kids shy? Kids who hid behind their mothers legs and peeked around them are now autistic. It's social conditioning.

a reply to: SkepticOverlord

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Holy cow batman all the conspiracies rolled into one. Hard to argue that. a reply to: Ex_MislTech

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Did you know there are over twenty types of measles.. Its not the deadlist ones that are vacinnated against.. The measles vaccine is there to save money by keeping peeps working its not there to save lifes...

kind regards

purp..

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: thebtheb

That "line" you're referencing is a standardized method for determining possible correlated effects. If there were an established relationship there would be research taking place. The VAERS report is unfiltered, anyone can post on it, and there is no limit on what one can report as an "effect". This is best tool we've got. I don't think proper analysis of data constitutes a line. The truth has no agenda.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

It's not a function of what I believe, I'm simply stating that we do not have evidence of any of your claims.

If I'm wrong, alongside the majority of modern medicine, and there is replicable evidence to support something inherently dangerous, furthermore something more dangerous about getting a vaccine vs the measles itself I'd gladly change my position. As it stands there is no such evidence, what stands is misguided dogma. Which, wouldn't concern me if it weren't for the inherent risks of people breaking links in a community defense based on an insidiously perpetuated, bad faith science laden, PURE HOAX.
edit on 4-2-2015 by hearows because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
The hoax at the center of the origins of the anti-vaxxer movement… we called it first!

Blame the anti-vaccine hysteria on this guy

The anti-vaxxer hysteria can be traced back to one seminal event: the press conference called by London's Royal Free Hospital in February 1998 to publicize a research paper, since retracted, that Andrew Wakefield had written for esteemed medical journal The Lancet.

www.sciencebasedmedicine.org...

During that conference, Wakefield presented his explosive findings — since found to be baseless — which he claimed connected the measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine to the onset of autism, a neurodevelopmental disorder characterized by impaired social interaction. Jeremy Laurance, a journalist who was there at the time, later called it "one of the biggest public relations disasters in medicine."

he decided a few years before he ran the test with those 12 children to get with a lawyer and sue over vaccinations, he also was going to make millions with HIS single vaccine shots, which he was trying to get a patent... confidential records came out and it was seen that he changed the childrens records to accomplish his goal (make vaccines look bad and he thought he would make millions with his single dose vaccines

Confidential medical documents and interviews with witnesses have established that Andrew Wakefield manipulated patients’ data, which triggered fears that the MMR triple vaccine to protect against measles, mumps and rubella was linked to the condition.

The research was published in February 1998 in an article in The Lancet medical journal. It claimed that the families of eight out of 12 children attending a routine clinic at the hospital had blamed MMR for their autism, and said that problems came on within days of the jab. The team also claimed to have discovered a new inflammatory bowel disease underlying the children’s conditions.

However, our investigation, confirmed by evidence presented to the General Medical Council (GMC), reveals that: In most of the 12 cases, the children’s ailments as described in The Lancet were different from their hospital and GP records. Although the research paper claimed that problems came on within days of the jab, in only one case did medical records suggest this was true, and in many of the cases medical concerns had been raised before the children were vaccinated. Hospital pathologists, looking for inflammatory bowel disease, reported in the majority of cases that the gut was normal. This was then reviewed and the Lancet paper showed them as abnormal.
edit on 4-2-2015 by research100 because: corrected a sentence

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: hearows

Cannot find evidence when the entire system is designed to look in one direction all the time.

At the rate of advancement possible here not a one disease would be uncured, and yet here we are being told absolutes by the same people who are locked into the most irrational science ever devised, one that is run by MONEY, and POWER.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

There may be a system but a system is still made up of individuals. I hold scientists in high regards and there are methods of getting information out there for whistleblowers. What we do know, however, is that the Anti Vaccine movement was initiated by the hoax described in the OP and a few times within the thread. I'm really not certain why this theory has continued to hold water even with all of the evidence presented. It's alarming just how easy it seems to be to dupe such a large population of folks who consider themselves watchdogs for exactly this variety of shenanigans.

Furthermore, to accuse someone of being a disinformation agent because they value the truth might be the most Orwellian, Thought Policing notion I've encountered in some time. The anti vaccination movement is a hoax, and no amount of doublespeak is going to cover it's tracks and I sincerely hope this information is disseminated to the public.

Unexamined beliefs are the issue here, not the science.
edit on 4-2-2015 by hearows because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

a reply to: deadeyedick

your wrong. what you meant was rubella. if a pregnant woman get rubella the baby will be born with congenital defects

Wrong.

Measles can cause many problems to pregnant women.

www.nhs.uk...

This poor chaps mother caught measles when she was pregnant.

www.bbc.co.uk...

(lovely story btw)

Other than timing and perception what proof is there that proves the case.

You can not just link things together when the same thing happens to other people when sickness is not involved.

Perhaps there could be a link and perhaps not.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The problem is peoples immune systems are weak. Most eat processed foods, and do not get enough exercise. Thus the need for vaccines and other pharmaceuticals. Dr Russell Blaylock Neurosurgeon is strongly against vaccines and has never vaccinated his children. They eat healthy and juice regularly and NEVER have been sick. I will never allow a corporation to dictate what is injected into my body. For those who are pro vaccine, please go ahead, and reduce the surplus population. We are such a primitive species. Blindly following instead of being critically aware. You can call Dr Blaylock a bad parent, but be aware his IQ is over 160 so your primitive rebuttal will be irrelevant and insignificant.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

450 a year used to die from measles before the vax......out of a country of almost 200 million at the time (that is .000237%). the measles were almost eradicated before the vax was developed. The measles went down to zero even though everyone wasn't getting the vax.

if you want to get the vax....go right ahead....then you will be safe from all of us crazy anti-vaxxers......right?

No...no...I know "heard immunity"....even though heard immunity wasn't accomplished back in the 1960's and measles went to zero.

And why can women have the right to choose if they abort a baby or not because we have no right to tell her what to do with her body but I can't choose to have something injected into my body or not?......oh, right because me catching a non-killing virus like measles might also make you catch it even though you got your vaccine for it and abortion doesn't affect anyone but the baby.......got it.......

the vaccine gives people measles and the vaccine kills more people than contracting measles does......

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS
Has it occurred to anyone that the influx from the southern boarder might be the real culprit of this outbreak?

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: UxoriousMagnus

Good point. Welcome to upside down world.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

450 a year used to die from measles before the vax......out of a country of almost 200 million at the time (that is .000237%). the measles were almost eradicated before the vax was developed. The measles went down to zero even though everyone wasn't getting the vax.

I think I understand why you have such a position. Your research was seriously lacking. Or maybe you didn't comprehend the information you looked up.

From 1956 to 1960, an average of 450 measles-related deaths were reported each year (∼1 death/ 1000 reported cases),

With approximately one death out of every one thousand reported cases of measles that is far from eradication. If you did the math that means there were about four hundred and fifty thousand cases each year. Generally when someone say eradicate that means to remove or destroy utterly; extirpate. Maybe you were using a different form of deffinition the problem is they just wouldn't make sense.

150,000 patients had respiratory complications and 4000 patients had encephalitis each year; the latter was associated with a high risk of neurological sequelae and death. These complications and others resulted in an estimated 48,000 persons with measles being hospitalized every year

Now you claim cases went down to zero when in fact it wasn't until 2000, the United States declared that measles was eliminated from this country, measles elimination is defined as the absence of continuous disease transmission for 12 months or more but now as vaccination rates have dropped we are seeing a resurgence.

So my question is are you really that bad at looking up facts or are you pushing some NLBS?

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

so.....you choose to misquote and fabricate out of thin air.....ok

I said "450 a year used to die from measles before the vax" I did not say how many contracted measles just that only 450 died

I said "the measles were almost eradicated before the vax was developed." ALMOST......almost....

I said "measles went down to zero even though everyone wasn't getting the vax."....I didn't say when it went to zero....just that it did go down to zero and that it did this without everyone getting the vax...

but maybe you should look up why Japan banned the MMR vaccine.....

and why do you care....you got your vaccine so you are safe ......right?
edit on 4-2-2015 by UxoriousMagnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I didn't misquote you on a single thing.

As you just admitted you said it was almost eradicated before the vaccine.

So either that is a lie or you have no idea what eradicate means. I already gave the definition so it seems you are pushing some NLBS.

In your opinion why did it finally go down to Zero?

Oh nevermind, I wouldn't trust anything from you at this point. You have already demonstrated the lengths you will go to for your agenda.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: johnnyBgood

Obama Admin Grants Immunity To CDC Scientist That Fudged Vaccine Report…Whistleblower Plans To Testify Before Congress

dailycaller.com... ss/

Move along, nothing to see here.

edit on 4-2-2015 by johnnyBgood because: (no reason given)

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join