It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25 Years Ago a look back to things in 1990

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Is there a list of those bands never to be spoken of around just in case i put my size 11 0r 45s over the pond in it

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I still have a gold and a silver Todd McFarlane Spiderman #1 in the plastic sleeves they came in.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

I know these guys did not start until mid way through the 90s, but very much 90s.

A gift for you OP for bringing some nice memories back!

ps. You are a very good member here. Almost feel like I know you a little after reading your posts these last months:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
a reply to: intrepid

You would prefer A Flock of Seagulls or Duran Duran?

OMG...

You just said the-bands-that-are-never-to-be-spoken-of-again.

I hang my head in shame one more time...

It boils down to:

Or:

THAT is an easy equation imo.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Hmm...

That's a tough list because it's so damn long.

I don't even know what genre of music to call it, but that whole era of this type of stuff needs to be buried with an epitaph that states: "Here lies the remains of what could have happened to the world":

I dare not say their names...

It's hard to tell if some of this stuff is from the 80's or 90's because both decades blended into each other for quite some time.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Katy Perry or:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Yeah. That's all 80's. You get the point. Crap. Metal was king in the 80's for a reason. There was a "hole" in rock.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Ah yes, my glory days were in the late 80's and early 90's. I was on top of my groove back then.

I agree with Intrepid, that the 80's long-hair glam rock crap gave way to some good rock music for sure! Starred you for that one.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Loved Tull(70's):

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I equate GNR to the likes of Cinderella, Ratt, Poison, Motley Crue, etc etc... You know, that whole gimmicky bubblegum "rock" crap that hit the airwaves for the longest time.

Just my personal taste, but by you putting the words "rock" and "GNR" in the same paragraph was like putting Justin Bieber in the same sentence with Deep Purple.

Heresy !

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

I am so like Father Dougal it is scary except when i get a drink and i do a quick change into Jack

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Now i remember why i drunk so hard it was to blank that stuff out

Can we not talk about this again -- pretend it never happened

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Can we not talk about this again -- pretend it never happened

I'm trying !

But then you get people like Intrepid stepping into the picture and committing heresies all over the damn place !

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I can imagine!!!

Father Ted was brilliant. It is a shame that Dermot Morgan died so early on. I don't think this duo will be forgotten easily!

When we look back to that period I think it gives us a glimpse of just how much the world has changed. The control freaks we are expected to be these days is mind blowing with all the politics of correctness, etc. Everyone is weighed down by that and the horrors we have to put up with relating to terrorism.

The post 9/11 world is not so nice, an innocence lost in the West.

Good night Mr Douglas.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

ahem.....

minus 1 more point for throwing up Tull. When Tull beat Metallica out for the Grammy in 1989, I decided conclusively that the flute, in no shape or form, would ever be considered "Metal". Or "Hard Rock".

The only metal thing you can do with a flute is beat Jethro Tull over the head, and give the grammy to Metallica.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

When it come to heresies - my mates still rib me on these . knocking back Sharleen Spiteri she wanted to meet me for a drink after a gig and i thought the person who asked was joking and passing Kylie Minogue on a stairs and thinking nothing special

I am never ever going to live that down

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

Remember when we used to stick the finger up at Political correctness

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Ever since that whole Napster debacle, I do this to the Metallica name brand:

Someone should have administered daily Midol injections to both Lars Ulrich (Metallica) and Axl Rose (GNR) right from the get go... could have saved us all from the "Wrath of The Hissy Fits".

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

ahem.....

minus 1 more point for throwing up Tull. When Tull beat Metallica out for the Grammy in 1989, I decided conclusively that the flute, in no shape or form, would ever be considered "Metal". Or "Hard Rock".

The only metal thing you can do with a flute is beat Jethro Tull over the head, and give the grammy to Metallica.

Though I liked Tull, I agree with you whole heartedly the Grammy should have gone to Metallica! I don't consider Tull as heavy metal or even metal. LOL

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Maybe she didn't want a lover, she just needed a friend...OR maybe vice versa, and now you will never know

Oh man, harsh one! Hahaha! I feel for you!

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join