It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25 Years Ago a look back to things in 1990

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: KaelemJames

The band Texas ate at my mothers restaurant when they visited this little area ate for 2 days for free as they were a struggling band and all she got was a black and white signed photo of the group .

Last i heard Sharleen was worth 100 million

I could have been a kept man

o what could have been

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Sell the photo.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
a reply to: intrepid

I cringe when i look back to all the 70s glam rock on the television , i left school in 82 and Billy Idol was one that comes to mind from the day

I am still gutted I will miss seeing Billy here in March
He hasn't been to Aust since 02.

But, happily seeing Roxette next month for my birthday!
Swedish!!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

You turned down a 100 million plus

This!

I am still flabergasted
Ah well, things happen.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Get your ass to Mars!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

I payed big money for a ticket for AC/DC back in 09 in Glagsow , came home from work and had a shower lay down for 2 minutes on the bed and slept right through and missed the show .

They are here again this year but not with the same line up

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: KaelemJames

You turned down a 100 million plus

This!

I am still flabergasted
Ah well, things happen.

What a muppet i was she looks super hot there

going to lick the screen for a while now

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Nice list. I remember all those times and what I was doing lol.

Going back before TV or gasp....black and white mono TV, is a lot scarier and not much further down the turn.

It still tastes like better (chicken) to me though, and can still be redirected by a long shot ... to amazing.

The future is both amazing as well as bitter sweet. My guesstimate after getting over 40 in experience, and watching cycles in time lol.

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Get your ass to Mars!

I can just make the fare to the Californian desert is that close enough

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I payed big money for a ticket for AC/DC back in 09 in Glagsow , came home from work and had a shower lay down for 2 minutes on the bed and slept right through and missed the show .

A true senior moment there. I laugh and cry with you!

Not really a huge fan of 'ol acca dacca. I think Malcolm Young is replaced with his son, because his memory has gotten so bad now
Is Phil Rudd still in the lineup or banned from leaving NZ?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I cringe when i look back to all the 70s glam rock on the television ,

Me too. How about Nazareth? The dudes did some serious rock. The was always Sabbath, Zepp, etc.

i left school in 82 and Billy Idol was one that comes to mind from the day

I agree I hated Billy back then BUT look at it now:

Helluva lot better than Beiber.

Im alive!...Ive got that Raz album downstairs sitting in a milk create with my other gems....bang on Rock!
Heck I might even fire up my Marantz tuner and my Toshiba turntable with a nice pair of solid cherry infinity speakers......WOOOOOO yay lets dance!

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I think Phil will be doing some jail time soon and Malcolm is past it now i know the feeling with the memory as i am starting to have a few senior moments myself these days .

But it would have been nice to see them that night my friend said they played like teenagers , i saw the rolling stones in Glasgow and they were superb played like they were 30

link   

I'd be licking my tears.

I have messed up, made bad calls, sad calls, but now I know that am not the only one

link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Same here, although I have reconciled with them over the last few years.

But the 1989 Grammy's were a decade before the Napster hypocrisy. I remember when they put a really low price on their album (the 5.99 EP) just to keep record store owners from marking it up (or so their press junket had us believe back then).
edit on 1/26/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I liked quite a few acts from the 80 s music scene who still get a lot of airtime even today , but back then we never listened to 30 year old music

I sure as hell did. I hated new music in the 80's. The quality and originaity of music just 20 years prior to the 80's was far superior to anything modern. I was digging Beatles and The Who in the 4th grade like they were new bands... thanks to my dad's old records.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: KaelemJames

I'd be licking my tears.

I have messed up, made bad calls, sad calls, but now I know that am not the only one

I had just split up from a long term relation ship i was in and my mother was real keen on me and this girl being together , it was her that told me Sharleen wanted to meet me for a drink and i thought it was a wind up to see if i would say yes so she could tell my ex [ who i was wanting back ] it was only years later when the photo appeared one day i found out the truth

bummer

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
1990 .... I was 5, and my world consisted of ninja turtles and fish fingers ... those were the days!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace

I liked quite a few acts from the 80 s music scene who still get a lot of airtime even today , but back then we never listened to 30 year old music

I sure as hell did. I hated new music in the 80's. The quality and originaity of music just 20 years prior to the 80's was far superior to anything modern. I was digging Beatles and The Who in the 4th grade like they were new bands... thanks to my dad's old records.

The older i have got the more i have appreciated older music from the 50s and 60 s

The Beatles or silver Beatles as they were called then turned up in my small town hall to play back in the early 60s and 16 people turned up to see them

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This was 1990 in a nutshell..

edit on 1/26/2015 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I miss the sh**t outa the 90s.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join