It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What TSA Agents Say They Found in Luggage Last Year. I Call BS.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Bags don't go through metal detectors.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Bags don't go through metal detectors.

That's funny, the ones I have carried stuff through those door like ones you walk through detect metal.

They even detect metal in leather shoes.

And bags that are small like back packs and other carry-on type stuff get put on that conveyor belt, those detect metal quite well. Anything bigger is not considered carry-on luggage.

Or maybe now that the TSA is there they are phasing all that out so they can take credit for physically finding all those guns everyone is attempting to smuggle onto the aircraft?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
What I find interesting is that the OP seems to be inferring that we are being told this is a large number and is therefore an artificial anti-gun message. When I saw the number, it struck me as very low. It occurs to me that people don't really consider how many commercial passengers fly in any given year.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Now I know that some people are just plain short on the noodle stuff but 2200 guns in their carry ons?

I have a question:

Where did the article say all of them were carry-ons. I did see one sentence talking about checked baggage.

I do know guns go missing from checked baggage maybe frequently, the police here reported going to some training exercise somewhere that 50K worth of their guns went missing from checked baggage. They may need to call TSA and see if they took their stuff.

I know some stuff gets caught in carry-ons. It happened to me with some stray rounds I didn't realize were in my bag. They were cool and just confiscated them no-hassle really, considering.

edit on 26-1-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I don't doubt it, there are some crazy people in the world.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Bags have never gone through metal detectors. They've gone through explosive detectors, and x-ray machines, but there's never been a point in sending them through a metal detector, because the frames, zippers, and contents would set them off almost automatically.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Wonder if they were counting Military personnel travelling to a deployed location. They hand carry M-4s from home station usually.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: KAOStheory

In the case of the airport I worked at, it was a minor event usually. The police would run a check to make sure it was legal, in the case of a gun, and the airline would come with a box. They'd put it in the box, with their name and flight on it, and send it down to cargo.

WOW that make way to much sense.

To bad they don't use common sense anymore.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: GiulXainx

I have to disagree with you OP.

I worked for TSA a few years ago and I have found 7 bullets, 18 pellet rounds, 3 batons, 1 brass knuckle, weed, 3 different kitchen knives with 7 inch blades, 2 fake* grenades, 5 tazers, and I have personally caught a gun, while witnessing the arrest of another person in the next lane for a smith and wesson. If you think the terrorists are bad, imagine what tourists could # up because they are not air marshals with proper training.

If everyone only has their fists to fight with it makes it that much easier to take everyone else out.

Simply

Issue everyone a handgun on the flight to be turned in at the next airport.

There everyone is equal

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
It's just absolutely nuts how obtrusive they are, in a sense molesting people. Ritual molestation ? I saw a video recently where a woman had her breasts and vagina manhandled by a female employee and she just lost it. Meanwhile the real terrorists are moving in and out of countries in their private jets, hardly anyone checks them out of fear.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dismanrc

Do you know how airplanes are built? I have seen, and have walked inside of an airplane as it was under construction. There are wires almost everywhere inside almost 7/8ths of the entire plane. Each wire set has a route to serve several different critical functions of the plane. Almost every square inch of the walls have wiring in them, except by the windows. The plane exoskeleton is made out of the lightest metal alloy to reduce weight. Your bullet, if it misses, or even worse passes through your target, can easily penetrate the walls, windows, doors, even the drink caddies. If you hit an air compressor you will suffocate, if your bullet passes through it will create a vacuum that can tear an airplane apart. If you strike the jet fuel you risk that compressed gas chamber to implode. If you kill a pilot and the bullet goes through the window.. worst combination is if a single bullet hits the computers up front. Communications will be lost which makes landing damn near impossible without a crash. If you hit a wire and it connects to a ground you will fry the motherboards in the cock pit. Even worse you could electrocute the passengers.

All it takes is 1 bullet from any untrained and ill equipped user to do worse than a plane hijacker.

If you can not control rudders, flaps, or suddenly kill the power to the engines, you will not only make it that much harder to land, but you will be sued for trillions of dollars. No matter what the people on the plane think of you. So go ahead. Bring a #ing gun on board and I dare you to pull that trigger. It will most likely be the last time you ever fly. Or better yet walk again. Air marshals give you 0 chance to right your wrong doing. They will shoot ANY THREAT to the planes safety.

edit on 1262015 by GiulXainx because: I hate my tab...

edit on 1262015 by GiulXainx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
83 percent loaded? So 83 percent of the people who had put guns in their luggage loaded them before putting them in there? If true, and that seems very odd, maybe they were trying to hide the bullets by putting them into the guns. I can't imagine any other reason why anyone, let alone 83 percent of anyones, would be so stupid.

A gun with no bullets is effectively a poor hammer. Just sayin.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

83 percent loaded? So 83 percent of the people who had put guns in their luggage loaded them before putting them in there? If true, and that seems very odd, maybe they were trying to hide the bullets by putting them into the guns. I can't imagine any other reason why anyone, let alone 83 percent of anyones, would be so stupid.

A gun with no bullets is effectively a poor hammer. Just sayin.

Tis so, but target shooting is seldom done within the luggage.

edit on 26-1-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Tis so, but target shooting is seldom done within the luggage.

NOW you tell me.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
Want to see some pure, 100% BS with absolutely no shame whatsoever?

www.theblaze.com... son-shanks/
On Friday, the Transportation Security Administration released its “Year in Review” blog post for 2014. According to the post, the TSA screened 653 million passengers at U.S. airports last year and discovered a plethora of dangerous items: hand grenades, fireworks, what appear to be prison shanks and more than 2,200 firearms — most of them loaded.

Imagine that! 2200 guns...In the airports! A 22% increase from 2013 and 83% of them LOADED as well. BS.

Some of the guns the TSA said they intercepted. More BS

Again I say BS

Some commenter wondered if "the TSA’s touted 2,212 recovered guns included the bust of a gun-smuggling ring, allegedly including Delta Air Lines employees, through which at least 153 guns were smuggled onto planes flying through the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.?

Another:

"BULLPOOP BULLPOOP BULLPOOP……..the TSA is nothing but social engineering to gradually phase people into having their rights being violated. Nothing More nothing less."

Absolutely correct IMO because the more they catch the more they justify. Why do I call BS? For one reason let's look at the next comment:

"How were this army of guns not touted over and over again on the media?"

Bingo! About 6 guns per day and only now we're hearing about it? If it were anywhere close to the truth they would have been showing this on the MSM nightly propaganda hour to justify the need to strip us of our rights and the increase in groping sessions at the hands of thugs. Or at least a Monthly report? Quarterly? Nope. Just end of year and with a nice big photo. BS.

Second reason I call BS is that EVERYONE knows about the TSA and their invasive tactics at the airports. Not to mention stadiums etc. And where were these 2200 firearms found?

Carry on Luggage!

Now I know that some people are just plain short on the noodle stuff but 2200 guns in their carry ons? I call a huge BS!

No people. This is just pure and simple propaganda in order to justify their budget and to keep us under their thumb. I wonder when these stats (increased stats) are going to be used to rape us even further?

BS

Peace

Other than simply saying you do not believe it, is there any proof this is not accurate?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I've seen stuff in bags you'd need a loaded gun against.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: samkent
Six per day seems low to me.
Last summer I drove for va ca.
I packed my gun in a suitcase for the states where I could not carry.
I can see some one forgetting (leaving) a gun in a case only to discover it at the airport.

This is the most likely scenario. I use my range bag for a carry on quite often. Although I check it multiple times to ensure than there is no gun or gun paraphernalia in it before I pack for my trip, I can see such an accident happening. It's a one in a million event, but when you have two million flights a day, you are going to see one in a million mistakes happen.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Sounds about right to me, given how may people fly and forget what they're carrying on.

These checkpoints are so hit or miss anyway. I remember the NYSP running the checkpoints at Stewart Field a few years back took my tweezers and let the guy behind me get on with a pretty big knife.

I once forgot about a rather large knife in my carry on. It made it all of the way out but was found on the return trip. Some TSA owns it now, I guess. It was a nice custom made folder.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I think the point of this post is not about the reliability of the numbers, but is instead the belief that the numbers are used as an attack on individual freedom. Specifically a coordinated attack on the rather loose interpretation of the second amendment. It is amazing how one can delude themselves into seeing this attack coming from all quarters.

What is even more frightening to me is the belief that the securing a right to own and bear arms is the be all, end all of national security. Are there really people who think that an afternoon of gunfire is all it’s going to take to straighten this country out?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: okyouwin
I think the point of this post is not about the reliability of the numbers, but is instead the belief that the numbers are used as an attack on individual freedom. Specifically a coordinated attack on the rather loose interpretation of the second amendment. It is amazing how one can delude themselves into seeing this attack coming from all quarters.

What is even more frightening to me is the belief that the securing a right to own and bear arms is the be all, end all of national security. Are there really people who think that an afternoon of gunfire is all it’s going to take to straighten this country out?

Do you honestly think we should just not search bags for guns before people board planes? Seriously?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join