It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What TSA Agents Say They Found in Luggage Last Year. I Call BS.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Without going into detail about the machines, even when I worked on them they were scary sensitive. To be certified by the FAA they had to be capable of detecting a substance a certain number of generations later. They've since gotten them to the point where if it alarms there's something there.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I don't get the 22% increase.
I can't imagine it's passengers suddenly deciding they need to carry a gun on a plane.
The only other excuse I can see is TSA wasn't doing their jobs well for what, 13 years?
Do they expect a round of applause for finally doing their jobs?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Guns are easy and obvious, even on old x-ray units. That's why they were very rarely used to test the operators. They had to work hard to miss them.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

TSA training was a joke, but we would occasionally see increases in things found in bags, usually around a big event. Then it would settle down again.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Metallicus

Except that you agree to be searched by buying a ticket. It's in the fine print.

Of coarse it is in the fine print.

They would not want to advertise anything that would make people think about what they are doing.

Just because something is written incredibly small in a form that most can not comprhend that does not make it ok.

Some things people should be made aware of by the seller.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It doesn`t state how many of those guns were illegal, someone with a legal gun and a permit to carry might think they were allowed to take it on a plane.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Good point.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Now you're arguing both sides of the coin. One breath you're arguing about how the numbers are propaganda, next you're arguing that gee golly if that's what they're catching then think what they're missing!

If you really don't think that out of an average of over 1.7 million people a day that there's a significant number of people carrying all manner of prohibited crap into an airport, then there's no point in continuing to discuss anything.

I think lots of people here know I'm a cop. Even I have carried something into the airport you're not supposed to. I used my range bag as a carry on for a flight. When I emptied out the bag, I missed a magazine. Long story short, I got pulled out of line because they found an EMPTY magazine in my bag. Not a gun. Not a loaded mag. Not a box of ammo. Not a bomb or grenade of bazooka. An empty magazine. People are stupid and people make mistakes. All day every day. And if you're going to sit there and say that you don't believe 6 of those people can wind up at an airport on any given day, along with 1.7 million other people (and then some), then there's really no reason to continue the discussion.

Adios

edit on 24-1-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Typo

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

They've since gotten them to the point where if it alarms there's something there.

And now they just alarm if I've been firing a revolver at the range within the last day or two. Or cleaning a bunch of firearms.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

And anyone that has flown, or been near an airport since 1973 knows you get searched before boarding.

When you buy a ticket to anything you agree to abide by the requirements for the venue. This is no different.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

We had a guy get nailed one day, because he was transferring to a new base, and his buddies thought it would be funny as hell to put a training grenade in his bag when he wasn't looking. He came within half an inch if going to jail over it.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Yep. That's one of the substances they hit on. Once the latest generation is in place, if they can convince them to buy them, that will stop being a problem.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Now you're arguing both sides of the coin. One breath you're arguing about how the numbers are propaganda, next you're arguing that gee golly if that's what they're catching then think what they're missing!

If you really don't think that out of an average of over 1.7 million people a day that there's a significant number of people carrying all manner of prohibited crap into an airport, then there's no point in continuing to discuss anything.

I think lots of people here know I'm a cop. Even I have carried something into the airport you're not supposed to. I used my range bag as a carry on for a flight. When I emptied out the bag, I missed a magazine. Long story short, I got pulled out of line because they found an EMPTY magazine in my bag. Not a gun. Not a loaded mag. Not a box of ammo. Not a bomb or grenade of bazooka. An empty magazine. People are stupid and people make mistakes. All day every day. And if you're going to sit there and say that you don't believe 6 of those people can wind up at an airport on any given day, along with 1.7 million other people (and then some), then there's really no reason to continue the discussion.

Adios

No, not both sides. Sarcasm my friend. As I stated..."Just for fun".

Just to show how ridiculous the statements of "It's normal" really are.

Because if the 6 are what many would state as normal then what if we applied those numbers to what it COULD look like if it were true. NOT ALL guns would be caught would they?

This is why I say the TSA is playing with numbers to support their cause.

Peace

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
And thats only counting flights for rappers & professional athletes.

OMG... Thats racist!!

Take me away!

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Just about the same happened to me. I slowly became aware that they were quietly moving everybody out of my line and that some of the local officers were congregating around us. One of the guys I was flying out with me gave me the "did you # up or did I?" look and then we got a stern talking to.

Never did get my mag back, either.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

You've never worked an x-ray. The only way a gun gets through is if the operator is blind. Solid masses of metal tend to stand out.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
And if you're going to sit there and say that you don't believe 6 of those people can wind up at an airport on any given day, along with 1.7 million other people (and then some), then there's really no reason to continue the discussion.

Adios

Don't really care if you are a cop. Not relevant whatsoever.

People FORGETTING they are carrying while first packing their luggage, driving and then walking into an airport?

Let's gloss over the fact that these guns are SUPPOSEDLY found IN THE LUGGAGE. Which means they never just forgot they were carrying right? They put the gun in THE LUGGAGE on purpose. This is what we are to believe.

You're right. No further need of Discussion.

Peace

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

You've never worked an x-ray. The only way a gun gets through is if the operator is blind. Solid masses of metal tend to stand out.

And these people packed the guns in their Air line luggage only to forget is what we're are supposed to believe? This seems to be what many are saying here.

Forgetting that you are strapped is one thing. Packing it into carry on is another. No one forgets that.

Peace

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

So you're going to forget you have a gun on your person, but not in your bag that you may have packed a day or two before, when you're trying to remember a dozen details before traveling. We confiscated hundreds of items a week people forgot they had.

edit on 1/24/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I have a good friend who (is a very smart person) went to the airport on a rush trip and grabbed his to-go bag. Unfortunately, they had had issues with a problem ex-employee making threats at the job site, so those who cad a CCW were taking their toys to work during that time. He forgot the gun was in the bag. (it was his wife's 380, nice pink frame and all) It had a loaded clip, but not one in the chamber. When he went to the TSA checkpoint, he was wondering why everyone was looking at him funny and whispering. Just then he had that "ah-ha" moment and realized why. He had the gun confiscated, had to pay a fine. (was $6,000, but begging with a nice letter got it reduced to $1500)

Point is, it happens. We regularly rag on him about it, so I doubt it will happen again with him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join