It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What TSA Agents Say They Found in Luggage Last Year. I Call BS.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: deadeyedick

And anyone that has flown, or been near an airport since 1973 knows you get searched before boarding.

When you buy a ticket to anything you agree to abide by the requirements for the venue. This is no different.

I was just highlighting a serious problem. Part of which is the thought that because everyone else does something does not mean it is just. The other part is that once the list of things in the fine print is at a point that it can not all be covered in a normal time frame then they just decide to keep tacking on this or that knowing people will respond the way you just did. Eventually we will have to get a grip on things like this. It is similar to the fact we have hundreds of thousands of laws and statutes in the us.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Simple solution. Don't fly.

We can always go back to a couple of planes a week bring hijacked or worse, just for what's "right". No screening of anything going on the plane, then people can stop making the claim their rights are being violated.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Really? Don't fly is your solution to the ever growing problem of fine print and how that print in many cases in our daily lives binds us to contracts that we would never agree to if we all took the couple hours and hire the lawyers to decipher it all for us. I am sorry that you are so narrow minded you can not have a rational conversation with someone without resorting to the age old nwo tactic of saying just deal with it. I did not mean to derail the thread here so much. You really should put forth an effort to see the big picture.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Just because I see it differently than you doesn't mean I don't see it. There was a very real problem happening, and steps were taken that all but eliminated that problem.

Yes there is more and more fine print, and the biggest reason for it is that people don't bother to read it because they're too lazy.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Wrong. They do not read it because they have better things to do. You conflate my point into asserting that i am against saftey measures and that is also wrong. I am pro saftey and pro SIMPLICITY. Somewhere along the way we lost sight of common sense. By you needing to see the bigger picture ment that we can have it both ways. Things can be done other than stacking on new regulations on top of eachother and calling people lazy. You are trained to look through a tunnel and your post reflect that. At this point the list stating what we can bring and do on a plane would be shorter than what we can not do.

All these machines that people are subjected to cause damage to organic life.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Really, you have better things to do than read a contract? Because that's what a ticket is. I'd think you'd want to take the time to know your rights.

I used to crawl inside those machines as well as test them, so I know exactly what kinds of emissions are coming out of them. But please, what's your idea if you don't want the machines? They're the fastest and easiest way to screen, especially when you're screening a few hundred million people a year.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11
S +F!
Saw this on the news last nite and expclaimed "I CALL BS!" as well!
Unfortunately my friends I was with aren't as up for intelligent conversations after knocking a couple back as I am, so it was nice to read your expounding on the topic and see the chart (wasn't in the report we saw.)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: KAOStheory

We used to catch at least this much stuff when I worked at the airport. Private screeners nationwide, not just my airport.
edit on 1/24/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
That number only reflects about 1 found gun for every 5000 flights. Seems low to me. Way more stupid people than that.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: KAOStheory
a reply to: jude11
S +F!
Saw this on the news last nite and expclaimed "I CALL BS!" as well!
Unfortunately my friends I was with aren't as up for intelligent conversations after knocking a couple back as I am, so it was nice to read your expounding on the topic and see the chart (wasn't in the report we saw.)

Thanks for that.

Some here, like your friends are of the same mind.

Never caught it on the news as I haven't had cable for 12 yrs now. Or TV actually.
But of course the Govt. propaganda machine was on it as usual.

Peace

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Ok then, I believe you two.
Far be it from me to question statistics of "how many Americans are really that stupid"!

I guess I just agreed with the OP that you would think if it was happening this frequently, it would be reported more frequently. Do you think the media has possibly been directed to not report on (so many) individual cases (6/day but rarely reported on), and await this end-of-year report for maximum shock value and gun control effects?
Seems that would explain so many doubting the figures, if that was the plan, it worked on me and the OP.
edit on 24-1-2015 by KAOStheory because: sp

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: KAOStheory

In the case of the airport I worked at, it was a minor event usually. The police would run a check to make sure it was legal, in the case of a gun, and the airline would come with a box. They'd put it in the box, with their name and flight on it, and send it down to cargo.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

If the machines are so easy why do they appear to open and search through every bag anyways REGARDLESS of the scan.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

i used to crawl inside those machines as well as test them, so I know exactly what kinds of emissions are coming out of them.

Well at least we have discovered the source of your dysfunction.

It is safe to say that simply being exposed to such does not in any way make you knowledgable about them and their effects.

I once lived 9 monthes inside a woman but i have no idea what makes them tick.

You do have poor comprehension skills. I never said i do not have time to read a contract. I was making the point that there is a great need for clairity and concise points in contracts. I even gave the example of the number of laws in the us as being part of the problem. I even gave a solution of instead of listing all the things you can not do just list the things you can do and exempt everything else. You know damn good and well that legal speak is not the dialect of the average people that fly. Most can not comprhend it even if they read it.
edit on 24-1-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

I said guns are easy to find. There are a lot of things that look like something else, or aren't clear. Some things you can barely see on the screen, unless you're damn good with the machine.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I remember back in the day when people flew strapped, and not much thought was given about it.

I remember back in the day where someone could gift a firearm to the president of this country and hand it to him without much thought.

Elvis people!

I am sick and tired of the gunphobia in this country.

It's nothing, but fear mongering.
edit on 24-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

The level of training involved to repair them means I have a much better knowledge level than most as to the effects they have.

I thought your deal was to shorten contracts. The idea of listing what you can do would make it even longer. Contracts for travel are easy. No weapons, no joking about weapons. The biggest part of the fine print involves compensation for various things, and ways the airline gets out of it.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I once lived 9 months inside a woman but i have no idea what makes them tick.

And we never will!

Great analogy...

Thx for the laugh!

Peace

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I bet 2000 of these guns were from people with permits or hunting rifles, who walked up and said :

Ummm, excuse me I have a weapon in my bag but I have a permit for it"

.... And the TSA took them, only to tout them as " confiscated " weapons.

..... But they dont tell you the whole story.
edit on 24-1-2015 by IntastellaBurst because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: ParasuvO

I said guns are easy to find. There are a lot of things that look like something else, or aren't clear. Some things you can barely see on the screen, unless you're damn good with the machine.

Hey, I thought about some fun "gag" products for your buddies about to take a flight -

1) "Stop 'em Spray" - a fun spray solution of PETN, RDX and TATP that's just enough to set off the sniffer and gas chromatograph!

2) "What the Bleep!" - another fun spray-on of nanoferrite that'll set off the metal detector - with absolutely no indication why! Drive the TSA nuts!

3) "Ghostly Gun" - a yellow pad with the outline of a Glock printed on with heavy metal salts. It'll show a perfect shadow of a firearm, but when they look, there's nothing there! Also available in a nearly invisible stick-on you can apply to your friend's laptop battery pack. Imagine the fun when they pry open the lithium battery and nothing's in there!

4) "Woof, woof, Big boy!" - super-strength female dog-in-heat spray GUARANTEED to get a positive response from male OR female dogs if the TSA decides to have you sniffed!

5) "Shoe-BOOM!" - a fun insole that looks like a bomb under x-ray!

More fine products from TomCO!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join