It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northrop Grumman announces fighter bid

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
¿Did NG wins the LRS-B contract?.

edit on 30-1-2015 by drwire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

The tarp is being pulled off of the jet and it cuts away just before it shows the real jet.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
If that's NG's LRS-B entrant wouldn't it be the aircraft that broke hard?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I'm sure Hollywood insiders exist. Doubt they share anything other than vague snippits with their co-workers/producers. I feel like Hollywood insiders are more there to insure the theme of the film or production is what the govt. wants, not the details. Ie. Make patriotic movie that paint USA in this light. Not "Ok guys so here's what's happening at area 51. They got this thing and it looks just like this." I'm willing to bet Hollywood reaches out to insiders all the time. not sure how effective it pans out to be though. But thats just my take and I'm pretty consistent at being wrong sometimes.

So.....Lockheed gets the bomber that will replace the B1's roll??? and Northrup keeps on keeping on with the flying wing B2 design but better???? Sweet. Winning either way for the US and whatever allies she protects.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The NG entrant has actually flown several times after it allegedly "broke hard"...

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: EBJet

It wasn't alleged. And I know a lot of aircraft that flew a lot of times after breaking hard. I had an F-15 that's probably still flying after suffering significant damage in a takeoff incident. Just because it broke didn't mean it wouldn't fly again.

But if NG is reassigning engineering teams and money on this scale there is almost no chance of them getting the award.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

At this point wouldn't a fly-off just be saving face?
edit on 30-1-2015 by Northernhollow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Northernhollow

Pretty much, yes. It would be for public consumption. Which is why I'm pretty sure we'll just see an announcement about the winner, and nothing more until public rollout.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The Northrop plane in the video has a very round nose, strange design ...

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Has there been any buzz as to what engines this tested with?

I've heard the NG bird was temporarily using the F-135, anyone else confirm that ? ADVENT engine to follow?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Tom Clancy has gotten pretty close to some very sensitive material at times...

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: aholic

My bet would be for an ADVENT type power plant from the get go.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I don't consider Clancy as a Hollywood type. Just an author. Some of his books got bought and turned into movies. But I don't think he's part of the Hollywood scene. Could be wrong though. I often am.

And you know that other thing I told you about regarding an ill attempt to bring back to the light an old time favorite conspiracy claim. I don't think that's going to get off the ground either. recheck the link I sent you, it looks pretty sad. But I could have told them that it would never happen.
edit on 30-1-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
NG paid $4.5 million for that ad to run during the super bowl.

defensetech.org...

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

It looks like the airplane right before it, just with a sheet draped over it.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I like lockheeds commercials better. They have a sweet hangar shot too. To me it's got more interesting stuff going on in the final shot.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Source

someone noticed the shape of the hangar?. Its like half cylinder, maybe an underground facility.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: drwire

Source

someone noticed the shape of the hangar?. Its like half cylinder, maybe an underground facility.

Before that story you sourced (a very good read by the way!), those two pics here are from a chinese video depicting what the chinese "think" the new bomber looks like. So, i guess that could be the design, but most likely just a chinese educated guess.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman
a reply to: aholic

My bet would be for an ADVENT type power plant from the get go.

I dont think ADVENT is ready for prime time yet is it?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Northernhollow

Pretty much, yes. It would be for public consumption. Which is why I'm pretty sure we'll just see an announcement about the winner, and nothing more until public rollout.

pretty sure the flyoff is over anyway.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join