It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northrop Grumman announces fighter bid

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: aholic

The rollout will be exactly when I said. I'm looking forward to that. Might try to get there to see it.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

There needs to be a lot of public support drummed up over the next few months for monies in the next cycle. Especially if the capitol renews sequestration. Has the manufacturing facility even been set yet? I've heard that was still being fought over in closed door meetings on the hill.

Roll out is one thing but I'm referring to an early announcement of a winner.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I know. For those that pay attention this is the early announcement. They've been talking about Spring for the last few months.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Sorry, wasn't quite up to date, this is a moving target. I just called a friend. Palmdale it is!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I figured it would be. I'm going to nail down rollout and be there to get pics.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Can't wait friend.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
An old roommate from college is a project director for the pred drone company general atomics. I asked him what the newsest craziest stuff they are working on. Apparently they are making some crazy 3d laser targeting and enemy recognition thing. The way it was described it would be way more useful for dogfighting than targeting ground objects. Interesting times ahead.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: B2StealthBomber
a reply to: SpeedFanatic

I can't exactly publish a link, it's since been purged, the article was actually wrong about the aircraft anyway but the pictures were real, probably taken somewhere over the Nevada desert..

On what website it was published? Were the pictures taken from a tanker?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Hmmm. Right on time:

Pentagon Unveils Program to Develop 6th Generation Fighters

“Smart skins” which connect the fuselage with computer technology, super cruise ability and hypersonic speeds are among some of the technical attributes deemed likely to inform future designs, analysts maintain.

Lt. Gen. Mark Ramsay director, force structure, resources and assessment for the Joint Staff, told HASC lawmakers the new effort involves air and space domain innovation initiatives.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Dudes, somebody help me out here. Trying to do a recap of whats the basic overall picture looks like here.

Again read this whole post like it's one giant question mark.

So....

Lockheed ... Super fast limited strike bomber. Like really really fast. but known for another mission besides bombing? Already been spotted by a few members here.

Lockheed/Boeing... Super low observable long range heavy bomber. Subsonic. Like really, really low observable? Probably nobody will see for a while.

Northrup/Boeing...subsonic VVLO "eyes on" to help out the VVVLO bomber. Boeing's FTV tech being the common thread between the bomber and her helper. probably not going to see this one either.

Northrup...Low supersonic, pretty damned stealthy long range heavy bomber. Like a B1 capable of laying down the hurt. Coming public soon?

Northrup... Attack of the drones? Good for all sorts of missions as a sidekick, guard dog, suite extension, or force multiplyer. The latest accessory that every bird is going to want. from bombers to things doing the f-111 roll. Also comming soon and for a long time will be very prevalent.

Northrup...Stealthy, sneaky aardvark/117 replacement? Looks like a f-23 but redesigned for this mission instead? Tough enough to play in the dirt. Fast enough and stealthy enough to be used as tactical medium/light bomber. Also coming soon to a roll out near you.

have rq-180 give targeting details so strategic heavy bombers can simply fly in drop and not have to worry about finding things or sticking around to do BDA. Operating now. not likely well ever see one (a real one) anytime soon in the media though.

Have something even way more advanced do up to date companion roll and do the BDA. Useful for assisting the rq-180 and all by it's self doing the more traditional companion roll over heavily contested airspace. Never gunna see it unless you get real lucky. Will probably never be disclosed.

Have them all communicate and share data using a new system that's not interceptable or jammable. QE. And a bunch of other fusions the f-35 is developing for the rest of the fleet.

maybe throw in a stealth AWAC and a super duper secret EW aircraft.

= total and complete air dominance that nobody can crack. Russia, N Korea, China, ISIS....You sure you guys really want to F with US?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

seems like anyone with .02 worth of common sense could have told us that.

we wan....NEED pics, or it didn't happen...of course

super cruise AND hypersonic speeds? i wonder how much time it will spend breathing air..not much is my guess

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR
New 6th gen fighter program and LRS-B to come, USAF will be the better Air force on Earth for decade to come

Bad guys will not feel good in the futur good news

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I'll just leave this here.

youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Looks like it has two engines on the top. SO they built the VVVLO one. and Lockheed did the other? Also I noticed under the tarp the wings look like they are not one angle but appear to have a bend in them to a even more critical angle? You thinking that thing can go low mach? The other design for the other bomber definitely looks like it could.

edit on 29-1-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

It looks like this is hiding unde the carpet? I would make sence because it shares the diseign fitures of a drone that is already in Production/test.

This one would be Nice too

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

I knew there was a robotech fan designing stealth aircraft. lol

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Ok, ogle away:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

HEY!! thet looks like th e plane hidden just under the clouds in that Northrop/grumman commercial.!!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

this seems like a aviation themed Rorschach test. I wonder if this has to do with the pictures that were floating around of the twin engine air plane that were going around alittle bit ago

where were they from Wichita?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
What about this thing?

Just throwing ideas out into the void...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join