It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are All Terrorists Muslims? It’s Not Even Close

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

There always be at least a handful of us standing with you. It is about denying ignorance. Racism and xenophobia are pure ignorance.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Hitler was not an "Admirer of Islam"...

He met the Grand Mufti Al Husseini and Hitler wouldn't even shake his hand because he was seen as a lesser species than the Aryan Master...

All he saw was a chance to get an Arabic brainwasher on the same page to elimanate Jews in the Middle East...

He couldn't brainwash enough people and Israel & Palestine lived comfortably side by side until Israeli expansion plans were found out and the Arab League of Nations entered into Palestine without Palestines permission to stop the Israelis getting too close to their Land...

& the rest, as they say, is History!

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The stats as presented are technically correct. But the comparisons in the article don't really make sense. It's comparing a religious group to "everything else", including para-military organizations. A better correlation would be to compare the IRA to Al-Qaeda, dedicated militant groups, just as an example. Also, there is no consideration given to a changing global political landscape. Relationships between countries and ethnic groups were much different 20 years ago and will be so in another 20 years. The article referenced in the OP is not very well thought out, IMO.

I'm personally not worried one bit about a terrorist attack from any group. I'm not saying that it's not possible, it's just very very improbable. Now, Charlie Hebdo, he should have been concerned. But for an average Joe, riding my bike to work is much more dangerous.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Well said .. good to see someone that sees through the lies and propaganda that western media feeds everyone .. and refreshing to see after all the preplanned #stirring that hit the boards lately disguised as "protection of freedom of speach" rather than the deliberate provacation the incident was that started it .. and 99% here fell for it .. and are still falling for it .. the ongoing war for hearts and minds is heating up and going to get worse as the propaganda machine of western media spews more anti-muslim rhetoric and hate ..

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Thanks Krazy pal... I don't really take it to heart, mainly because I know most of these calls are coming from people who won't get off their arse...

Don't take it to heart, whatever you do Charlie. It must be infuriating for you some days, but try to remember that a lot of people care about you here. Keep rising above it, friend.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Here Here Krazysh0t...

I remember the days of the IRA Bombings and the use of the term "Paddy Wagon"...remember the Birmingham six and the Guildford four.??? Bad Paddies. Must arrest and plant evidence.

Everyone seems to forget we had and probably always have had some sort of terrorist/freedom fighter attacks here in the UK and at the same time have committed terrorist attacks elsewhere around the world under the guise of Fighting for ones freedom...

I'm waiting on the term Jihadi Wagon popping up on our square box in the corner soon.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

Thanks Krazy pal... I don't really take it to heart, mainly because I know most of these calls are coming from people who won't get off their arse...

Don't take it to heart, whatever you do Charlie. It must be infuriating for you some days, but try to remember that a lot of people care about you here. Keep rising above it, friend.

This

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Thank you my friend...
The kind words are much appreciated.

It's people like you that keep me here, so it doesn't go unnoticed on my end of the web.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Stand firm and dont let the bastards wear you down .. yours is a much needed voice of reason here ..

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

My oppressed ScotsIrish blood was designed for this mate, they couldn't drag me away

Thanks for the kind words too pal

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

He was a syphlitic NUT so I kind of don't acknowledge his wisdom.

While it can be said the US has KILLED farmore than ISLAM in the 20th century, it CANNOT be said the AMERICAN people are at fault. IF we were fully aware of the secrets we would rise up and SLAY them as Lewis Black would say.
BUT the right wing hide secrets VERY WELL.
YOU can see some of them called CONSPIRACIES.
Almost ALL are internarional FINANCE schemes.
Destroy the FED and you WILL find out.
edit on 21-1-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

LoL they were both Nuts to be fair...

I agree with you as well cav, I don't blame Americans for what has happened...

I'm a firm believer in personal responsibility in any situation.

The Clerics and Mullahs may disagree with me, but they can be awfully myopic, especially the ones who hit the headlines.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Good to hear .. saves me taking a long flight to drag you back to the boards here if you ever decided to give up ..

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

So when PVT BAUTISTA told me HE TOOK the radio call ORDERING Calley to shoot I can but wonder...
edit on 21-1-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I won't let you down pal.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
You've had good experiences with Muslims thanks to work and that's one of the best places to make the multi-cultural association.
We get to know people almost as good as we do our own families spending so much time with them.

This is such a very important statement. Knowing people as people makes all the difference in the world. I love it where I work. It's an extremely diverse company and we have a lot of fun sharing culture...from food to traditions to attitudes about child rearing and gain a lot of good perspective on how to cope with some the insanity around us.

I'm not proselytizing here at all. it just seems that some people get to have this kind of experience and others don't. And the ones who don't seem to fear the unknown more than anything else. It's a lot like kids. They all play well together, until someone, usually an alleged grown up, either directly or indirectly, intentionally or unintentionally tells or shows them that someone is different and that this should matter somehow.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: gordo

Center stage with 2% of the terrorist attacks being Muslim? Did you read the article? They have center stage, because the media GIVES it to them. There are plenty of other reprehensible terrorist attacks occurring that we can focus our attention on that don't include Muslims.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Experience is definitely a massive influence on people's perceptions.

My friend who is mix raced was recently telling me he grew up with white friends & black friends...
He also suffered racism from both sides where he grew up...

There came a time when he was suddenly not allowed to play at his white friends houses, obviously as he grew older he realised what caused that.

But fair play to him he didn't let it affect how he was as a person, like most here, he is a believer in personal responsibility rather than generalisations.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

If the American people can't be held accountable for the actions of the American government, why do the Muslim people have to be held accountable for the actions of a few nutjobs?

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

See the problem is that it is fashionable to be anti Islamist. Sure there are some real wackjobs who are killing, maiming etc in the name of Allah, but then again God has had some "good (partisan) Christians" do the same too. The IRA springs to mind (and their Orange man opponents), every group seems to have some extremists who give the whole group a bad name.

So Muslims are the group of focus now. Previously its been Satanists (satanic panic), Homosexuals, communists, intellectuals, Jews etc etc etc. It seems governments like nice quantifiable groups to blame for problems, and well its better when those groups actually cause problems

So why are people not marching over Anders Breivik (for example)? Well he's been caught, he's in prison, and (sadly) for many "it did not affect them". If he'd been part of a white supremicist terror cell that was over multiple nations, causing multiple incidents over time, then he (ok they) may well cause more concern. McVeigh similarly caused less concern, as he was caught, and "dealt too". Indeed I personally worried more in the US about some of the militia groups than I did about Muslim extremists.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join