It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is marijuana really as dangerous as heroin and LSD? Finally, a welcome legal review

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

When they say it "leads" to harder stuff, thats all that means.

And there is no proof that is true.

Even simpler, a boozer that drinks a case of beer a day didn't start that way… neither did a pack a day smoker.

They drank one.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Don't kid yourself about why it's grown. Same with alcohol. It can be used to clean with but that's not why they make Petron tequila.

reply to: buster2010

Do you think you can get high from the plants grown for fiber, seeds, oil, and other products?

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I apologize, I didn't see the PS at the bottom. And I agree it's absurd to censor the acronym L.S.D

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Don't kid yourself about why it's grown. Same with alcohol. It can be used to clean with but that's not why they make Petron tequila.

Industrial uses for Hemp

Not everyone just wants to use it to get high with.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: shanegm

Whoops, a few posters are getting off topic into a topic which may be controversial here. I, for two, am against the use of the Latter Day Saints drug, first, because it is not natural (used to be) and further, it stays in a human body for a long long time. It surely is not in the same category as marijuana, and people shouldn't, imnho, lead readers to believe that it is.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: intrptr

Pot has no psychical addictive properties but it does have a mild mental addiction but nowhere near the addiction of tobacco or alcohol. With pot repeated use doesn't lower tolerance simply because of the many different varieties of pot. With alcohol it is always the same be it beer, wine or whiskey because the main thing in them is alcohol. With pot however you have both THC and CDB and each strain is different so you really can't become tolerant to something that is constantly changing.

This isn't true in the least. Sorry guy, you're ignorant here. Pot most certainly has addictive properties. If you are a long time heavy toker, chances are pretty good you've whacked out your ability to sleep without it. It increases melatonin production some 40,000% 20 minutes after inhalation. Are you going to tell me that in and of itself can't cause physical addiction? You gotta be kidding me, buddy. Then with the nausea some experience, the depression, the extreme anxiety and agitation. Physical addiction may not be to the extent of heroine withdrawal, but it still exists.

As for not being able to build up a tolerance, hah! The same psychoactive substances are in all the same strains, only to varying degrees. I would say you get partial credit here. You can switch from one strain to another and need less, but no... you will most definitely build tolerance over time from heavy use.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Industrial uses for Hemp

Not everyone just wants to use it to get high with.

In fact there is no THC in plants grown for industrial purposes. It's a completely different strain.

www.leafscience.com...
edit on 21-1-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
a reply to: shanegm

Whoops, a few posters are getting off topic into a topic which may be controversial here. I, for two, am against the use of the Latter Day Saints drug, first, because it is not natural (used to be) and further, it stays in a human body for a long long time. It surely is not in the same category as marijuana, and people shouldn't, imnho, lead readers to believe that it is.

L.S.D does not stay in the body long. It is actually fully out of the body, before the experience is even over.

Deny ignorance.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
I've got a question here as it pertains to state vs fed law. Say you have 2 states with legal weed that share a border. It's legal in both BUT you cross from one into the other. Would that violate fed laws?

Great question. Yes it would it is still "interstate" transportation. Think about it a bit and I'm sure you agree, but really a nice legal puzzle to chew in your mind for a bit.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Yes to the OP as far as MJ... but I'd argue lysergic acid diethylamide is another one that's should not be a schedule one. Heck, even herion has medical value, but it IS horribly addictive. The lysergic acid, however, is NOT addicting and has many potentially beneficial uses, especially in regards to psychotherapy, PTSD, alcoholism, etc., etc. when used in a responsible, educated manner.

It was banned primarily due to the social upheaval in the early 60's that it caused and the fact that it is a powerful substance that can make unstable folks even more so, without proper supervision... and due to the CIA wanting a monopoly when they were investigating it for "brain-washing"... which was a failure, btw... anyway, thought I'd throw that out there.

The drug war is a dim-witted failure and anything can be misused...

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

You do know that the "it's all natural" defense (namely from marijuana and mushroom users) is complete bullsnip right? Opium is all natural. So is Hemlock. Just because it is "natural" doesn't mean it is healthy for you to take it. By that same measure, just because it is "unnatural" or synthesized in a lab doesn't mean it is bad for you either.

I'm not going to go into how bad or good acid is for you (I do disagree with you though), because that is offtopic. Just pointing out that one of your points is a fallacy.
edit on 21-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Natural or not, that one surely is not, which is all I was saying. And readers reading this thread, which has gone off course with this new topic, should not, imnho, think that marijuana and little sunny Debbie fall into the same category. And yes, or so I've heard, that sensitive people can feel it within their body for up to half a year.

edit on 21-1-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Like I said, discussion for a different day. Though, I don't think ANY drug should be illegal, no matter how harmful it is or isn't.

link   
All I can say with almost 20 years of law enforcement experience is that I NEVER went on a call because of marijuana, it was alway booze, booze, booze. Some nights, I went from drunk to drunk to drunk. In the southwest, there was a meth problem, in other areas, Metro DC, coke, crack and a little PCP. And I never busted anyone for it either. I may have search incident to arrest, find some on them, but in booking, I'd walk them into the bathroom and watch me flush their weed. This real issue is this stuff can be used for so much, non steroidal anti inflammatory, analgesic, anti anxiety, anti alzheimers and on and on and you can grow it yourself. Big pharma hates the idea. The prison-law enforcement industrial complex hates this.

link   
But..if mary is legal, people will do it recreationally for fun! and then...they will feel good..and then erm...something...therefore, keep it illegal!

...funny counter arguments.

I especially like the "leads to" stuff..smoking leads to drinking leads to pot leads to crack mentality.

funny stuff..projection is. we should ban everything outside of protein bars and very mild caffine doses in light soda..anything else may lead to harder stuff...sure, coffee today, and what then..expresso tomorrow, and crystal meth by Friday!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Then by the end of the month you are mainlining Folger's in a dirty alley. I've seen it time and again... So sad...
edit on 21-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Like I said, discussion for a different day. Though, I don't think ANY drug should be illegal, no matter how harmful it is or isn't.

It depends
If there was a drug that altered your brain to become violently dependent, unthinking, and dangerous to society through brutal hallucinationic properties..then that drug should be illegal due to society safety concerns..its no longer a personal choice

As said below your comment, cops generally have no actual issue with mary-j calls. booze, hard drugs, all the time. but the smoke..its uncommon. To me, that states something about its safety and usage within the community.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

Natural or not, that one surely is not, which is all I was saying. And readers reading this thread, which has gone off course with this new topic, should not, imnho, think that marijuana and little sunny Debbie fall into the same category. And yes, or so I've heard, that sensitive people can feel it within their body for up to half a year.

Where is your source for this?

Here's mine

www.drugs.ie...

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

It depends
If there was a drug that altered your brain to become violently dependent, unthinking, and dangerous to society through brutal hallucinationic properties..then that drug should be illegal due to society safety concerns..its no longer a personal choice

You mean FoxNews?

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Howdy Al. No sir, the aforementioned 3 letter substance is in and out of the brain in seconds (one of the few substances that can cross the brain- blood barrier with impunity) and outta the body almost as fast ... with no damage that's ever been recorded.

The only problem with it is it's potency and people's reaction to the state of mind it produces... if one is unstable before, they'll just be more so under it's effects. But the scarey stories are just that.. .stories about one individual's rare reaction to it. But any drug can make a person act crazy in the right set of circumstances.

But the literature about it's usefulness against addiction and many other psychological conditions was leading to a psychological revolution until it was banned.... partly thanks to Dr. Leary letting the media attention go to his head and freaking out the middle class... heh... but it's "natural" in that it was extracted from rye bread mold, though much of the crap sold in the black market these days is a (Shulgan) derivative one- off molecule that's not the real deal.

ETA and as far as sensitive people feeling it in their bodies for a year.. .nope... but look to that one-off crap molecule I mentioned above.. .that stuff just might do that.. .but it is NOT the lysergic acid. Thought you'd like to know... ; ]

edit on 1/21/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join