It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i just wanna thank the lord, can i get an amen?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I just wanna thank the lord for making killing people in the name of religion a heroic thing to do.
I just wanna thank the lord for sending all homosexuals to hell.
I just wanna thank the lord for killing his only son for me to sin all i want.
I just wanna thank the lord for 16:41-49, when the Israelites complain that God is killing too many of them. So, God sends a plague that kills 14,000 more of them.
I just wanna thank the lord for when he has 42 children mauled by bears.
I just wanna thank the lord for having a tribe slaughtered and their virgins raped for not showing up at roll call.
In Judges 21:1-23.
I just wanna thank the lord for when Elijah gets God to burn 51 men with fire from heaven to prove he is God In Kings 1:9-10.

Thats just a few reasons why he is king lol and this is the one yall worship huh?

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LongishLongo

Sorry to report that our creator is an alien overlord that probably had nothing to do with the history that transpired 4000 years ago.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Possibly so, but we all know the earth is only a few thousand years old right? Lmao religion.. cracks me up

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Christians will argue that this was the OT god and that he’s different in the NT.  His wrath was quenched with Jesus’ sacrifice.  How do you counter?

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
If i was the Alien overlord i certaintly wouln't just fry people.

I think driving them insain and inflicting them with Terror and Fear would be my style. I'm not really into murdering people.

When driving them crazy is just so much better. In that way i am kinda like Nyarthotep. If it were me who created the human species. You all would be my instruments of Terror
Under my rule of Fear i would conquer this galaxy for the human species and lead us into space. Making our enemies insain, I would be like a Chaos God enacting order through chaos. But that would just be me.

I played a lot of Command and Conquer games, Star craft and other Real time strategy games. So i just see this all as a game that needs to be won. Only the highest tech and strongest regime wins the game.

I made alien contact tho. So i tend to fantasize about campaigns in my head. If i could have my wish i would wish to control and give humanity the most advanced technology in existance so we could secure our future in the cosmos.
If there are other human settlements out there, Than the goal would be to unite them under one banner.

I think like a warrior. So if this stuff ever ended up in my hand i would glady accept it

Would they call me tyranical? Probably. Would some people despise me? Maybe. Would i propell humanities future and secure its purpose? Absolutely.

And i would do a better job than the hypothetical god written about in those pages. Minus the killing everyone. Plus the insainity level. And now were talking. Oh i love truth as much as the next person. The truth is usually what makes people go crazy when it is corrupted with their expectations from believing in lies. I personaly think that all the Evil people who don't deserve to live in society should be subjected to unfathomable horror. Rather than killed. Then left to rot in a cell stuck in a catatonic state. Maybe my version of Justice is a bit more morbid. Maybe i wouldn' make a world leader? Maybe i would? Maybe i don't have a choice and neither do you? lol.

Religion is entertaining. It brings up many emotions and dictates how people should live their life. Just just because i think things are entertaining does not mean i like it. I think real life is like south park, The Irony is strong in this Universe.

But that's all just hypothetical. It's the what ifs and what i would do if i were in position to make those choices. I bet some people reading this are hoping with every fiber in their body that does not happen hahahah.

Anyways i thought the points you brought up are Justified. The bible is just one big book of propaganda.
From different Eras all within the judaeo-Christian pantheon.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Amun.
You're welcome.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Sooo...I'll bet you just wake up all excited in the morning to mock & bash other people's beliefs?
It's good you have something to live for...

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: coldkidc
Belief is kissing cousins with stupid. Either you know something or you don't.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
HAIL ERIS!
BLESSED BE HER HOLLOW SKULL
IN THE NAME OF CHAOS DOTH WE CHANT
IN THE NAME OF ENTROPY DOTH WE RANT
HAIL ERIS!
BLESSED BE HER HALLOWED SKULL
IN THE NAME OF PANIC DOTH WE SHOUT
IN THE NANE OF APATHY DOTH WE POUT
HAIL O ERIS QUEEN OF THE HODGE
HAIL O ERIS MOTHER OF PODGE
HAIL O ERIS TO THE MOST BEAUTIFUL
TO THEE BELONGETH THE ORIGINAL SNUB
KALLISTI O ERIS
KALLISTI O FRIENDS
HAIL O ERIS TO THE BITTER END!

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

a reply to: coldkidc Belief is kissing cousins with stupid. Either you know something or you don't.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
you know Longish Longo, I think this is hate speech yup. thats exactly what it is. Do I subscribe to the Christian philosophy? Not all of it thats for damn sure. But I love what REAL Christians do for their communities. For instance Tampa cafe offers up 1 millionth free meal for homeless

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — A Tampa cafe that provides meals to the homeless has served up its one millionth free meal.

The Trinity Cafe food program has been in operation for 14 years on Nebraska Avenue in Tampa, offering free meals to the homeless and the working poor.

The program was founded by Christ the King Catholic Church, but doesn't preach one religion.

Except for Davis and a chef, volunteers run the program.

So you can impress me when you take that "I am better than some people" narcissistic attitude of yours and go volunteer your unpaid time to help someone you know damn well does not have a penny to their name and cannot give you anything but their gratitude and thanks in return.

Better yet, go found your own Atheist or anti-christian or anti-religion church/cult/ngo and raise money to help those in your community. Maybe then I might feign to give a damn about whether or not you believe or want others not to believe in a divine creator. I could give a rats ass either way as long as you actually make an effort with your time to go and help someone, ANYONE, in need that you can.

Because this thread has served to help noone, or deny ignorance of any kind. It was a hateful satire piece against a group you clearly do not like or care to be associated with. Not even an attempt at some meaningful debate. Not saying you dont got a right to say it, but I just figured I would call it for what it is.

Amendment one goes both ways.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: LongishLongo

Next step for you is making cartoons.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: coldkidc
a reply to: skunkape23

a reply to: coldkidc Belief is kissing cousins with stupid. Either you know something or you don't.

As a member of the Church of Latter Day Dudism, all I can say is don't piss on my rug.
We should get along fine.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DYepes
you know Longish Longo, I think this is hate speech yup. thats exactly what it is. Do I subscribe to the Christian philosophy? Not all of it thats for damn sure. But I love what REAL Christians do for their communities. For instance Tampa cafe offers up 1 millionth free meal for homeless

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — A Tampa cafe that provides meals to the homeless has served up its one millionth free meal.

The Trinity Cafe food program has been in operation for 14 years on Nebraska Avenue in Tampa, offering free meals to the homeless and the working poor.

The program was founded by Christ the King Catholic Church, but doesn't preach one religion.

Except for Davis and a chef, volunteers run the program.

So you can impress me when you take that "I am better than some people" narcissistic attitude of yours and go volunteer your unpaid time to help someone you know damn well does not have a penny to their name and cannot give you anything but their gratitude and thanks in return.

Better yet, go found your own Atheist or anti-christian or anti-religion church/cult/ngo and raise money to help those in your community. Maybe then I might feign to give a damn about whether or not you believe or want others not to believe in a divine creator. I could give a rats ass either way as long as you actually make an effort with your time to go and help someone, ANYONE, in need that you can.

Because this thread has served to help noone, or deny ignorance of any kind. It was a hateful satire piece against a group you clearly do not like or care to be associated with. Not even an attempt at some meaningful debate. Not saying you dont got a right to say it, but I just figured I would call it for what it is.

Amendment one goes both ways.

Christ is the only thing cool about Christianity.
I'm not so hot about the rest of it.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: LongishLongo
I just wanna thank the lord for making killing people in the name of religion a heroic thing to do.
I just wanna thank the lord for 16:41-49, when the Israelites complain that God is killing too many of them. So, God sends a plague that kills 14,000 more of them.
I just wanna thank the lord for having a tribe slaughtered and their virgins raped for not showing up at roll call.
I just wanna thank the lord for when Elijah gets God to burn 51 men with fire from heaven to prove he is God In Kings 1:9-10.

Thats just a few reasons why he is king lol and this is the one yall worship huh?

Good call, good call
Except
God doesnt kill in the name of religion, its called justice.
Its not just homosexuals, its ALL sinners, your little tag is so wrong its embarassing.
God didnt kill His only Son, religion did, but that takes knowledge to understand.

The rest is the same as the first, justice.
But I guess you prefer your own justice, prefer to comment on things you are so knowledgeable about. And how is that, because the bible explains it in clear black and white, good stuff and bad. It is the truth, it doesnt hide anythying.

The same God is still a God of justice and justice will be done.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: LongishLongo

[/quote
Not what I expected, thanks
S&f

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Amen.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
HAIL ERIS!
BLESSED BE HER HOLLOW SKULL
IN THE NAME OF CHAOS DOTH WE CHANT
IN THE NAME OF ENTROPY DOTH WE RANT
HAIL ERIS!
BLESSED BE HER HALLOWED SKULL
IN THE NAME OF PANIC DOTH WE SHOUT
IN THE NANE OF APATHY DOTH WE POUT
HAIL O ERIS QUEEN OF THE HODGE
HAIL O ERIS MOTHER OF PODGE
HAIL O ERIS TO THE MOST BEAUTIFUL
TO THEE BELONGETH THE ORIGINAL SNUB
KALLISTI O ERIS
KALLISTI O FRIENDS
HAIL O ERIS TO THE BITTER END!

SirE thanks you for your support and will favour thee with a mountain of shiny purple coins to buy as much chaos as your fevered mind can handle.

I pronounce everyone in this thread a Pope.
sirE

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
You forgot to thank him for watching over a child dying from disease and famine, every single second of energy single day. And for all the children's cancer wards, they're worth thanking him for too, along with child trafficking and rape.

Thanks god, you rock!

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: coldkidc
Sooo...I'll bet you just wake up all excited in the morning to mock & bash other people's beliefs?
It's good you have something to live for...

Yeah, we should respect others right to believe whatever they want. Even when they want to change our laws to their religious laws. Even when they controlled us for hundreds of years and would have tortured us for not believing. Even when they want to control society and cut peoples heads off if you don't believe their way.

Yeah, it's ok for the preacher man to bash homosexuals on Sunday. But write a post on ATS and you are a bad person.

More PC liberal BS.

It's good when beliefs are challenged and critiqued. Otherwise we'd still be the sheep we were for hundreds of years under the thumbnail of the religious rich and elite. Can you imagine? All those years, noone even thought or dared to challenge their iron-age god-man crap.

Never listen to pinhead liberals who want to censor your honest opinions when it comes to the BS called organized religions.

The silencing of opposing opinions about religions is exactly how they held the axe over our heads. Never EVER silence yourself because of sheep and their slave attitudes and behavior.

Boohoo, someone thinks your belief is BS. Go pray to your God-man about it, and get the frack over it.
edit on 21-1-2015 by Calalini because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join