It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i just wanna thank the lord, can i get an amen?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: LongishLongo

lol
you post dribble such as this and wonder why bad things happen in the world?

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DYepes
you know Longish Longo, I think this is hate speech yup. thats exactly what it is. Do I subscribe to the Christian philosophy? Not all of it thats for damn sure. But I love what REAL Christians do for their communities. For instance Tampa cafe offers up 1 millionth free meal for homeless

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — A Tampa cafe that provides meals to the homeless has served up its one millionth free meal.

The Trinity Cafe food program has been in operation for 14 years on Nebraska Avenue in Tampa, offering free meals to the homeless and the working poor.

The program was founded by Christ the King Catholic Church, but doesn't preach one religion.

Except for Davis and a chef, volunteers run the program.

So you can impress me when you take that "I am better than some people" narcissistic attitude of yours and go volunteer your unpaid time to help someone you know damn well does not have a penny to their name and cannot give you anything but their gratitude and thanks in return.

Better yet, go found your own Atheist or anti-christian or anti-religion church/cult/ngo and raise money to help those in your community. Maybe then I might feign to give a damn about whether or not you believe or want others not to believe in a divine creator. I could give a rats ass either way as long as you actually make an effort with your time to go and help someone, ANYONE, in need that you can.

Because this thread has served to help noone, or deny ignorance of any kind. It was a hateful satire piece against a group you clearly do not like or care to be associated with. Not even an attempt at some meaningful debate. Not saying you dont got a right to say it, but I just figured I would call it for what it is.

Amendment one goes both ways.

Do you think those folk in Tampa do what they do due to pure altruism, or because they think their chosen gawd would give them a thumbs up and hopefully recruit a few sheep for the flock at the same time?
edit on 21-1-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
clearly you are bored if you are posting such blatant bait threads.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It is true, that I look at the bible, and xtian doctrine at this point in my life, and I can't believe I lived decades of my life ruled by it. It seems like a bad dream that I was trapped in, but nothing like what you've written here would ever have changed my heart and mind. All this thread does is solidify the beliefs of those you are persecuting. They will cling to their beliefs even tighter than they did before, because that's the psychological effect of persecution. It's a tool to perpetuate paradigms in the minds of the masses.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
It is true, that I look at the bible, and xtian doctrine at this point in my life, and I can't believe I lived decades of my life ruled by it. It seems like a bad dream that I was trapped in, but nothing like what you've written here would ever have changed my heart and mind. All this thread does is solidify the beliefs of those you are persecuting. They will cling to their beliefs even tighter than they did before, because that's the psychological effect of persecution. It's a tool to perpetuate paradigms in the minds of the masses.

Apparently your are a bit lost on what persecution really is. Someone saying how they don't like their (misinterpreted) view of the bible and God just plain isn't it.

english.al-akhbar.com...

^^^ A link for you so you know what persecution of individuals looks like, when its based on faith differences.

I am glad that you are happy to be out of what you consider to be the nightmare of following Jesus, good for you because its your choice, and you have freewill.

But such an individual as the OP does nothing either to solidify my faith nor to weaken it. It is simply a non-issue what anyone else thinks about and/or how they perceive the God I love. I know why I believe, and that is enough for me, I need no confirmation from anyone else in order to have a strong faith because true faith and true strength comes from God - not men.

edit on 21-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
We're dancing for Jesus....

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Apparently your are a bit lost on what persecution really is. Someone saying how they don't like their (misinterpreted) view of the bible and God just plain isn't it.

Not confused at all maam. I'm quite familiar with the definition and effects of psychological persecution.

I am glad that you are happy to be out of what you consider to be the nightmare of following Jesus, good for you because its your choice, and you have freewill.

C'mon OB. You aren't really glad. You would leave the other 99, and go after that one stray lamb in a minute, if you thought you could bring it back into the fold.

But such an individual as the OP does nothing either to solidify my faith nor to weaken it.

That's how it should be, but not everyone is as crtitcal of thought, and strong of will as you seem to be. Most are quite pliable in the hands of the social engineers of our day.
edit on 1/21/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Hate speech huh?... yeah, hate towards a damn religion that controls most of society! There are good things to live by in the bible, and im all for giving someone a reason to be a good person. The bible however, is sick! Its really digusting

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

C'mon OB. You aren't really glad. You would leave the other 99, and go after that one stray lamb in a minute, if you thought you could bring it back into the fold.

I would wish that everyone could know God like I do, but I also know its not possible either because God did give people free will - nor is my understanding of God for all people even practical as everyone is different. As my husband says, my relationship with God would burn him up with its intensity, he says point blank he couldn't handle it. God deals with people on their level, what is good for one can be bad for another, so God deals with us all as the individuals we are.

I see people and would wish something better for them yes, but matters are in God's hand. It is to me to do as HE tells me to, and that is all.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Blatant falsehoods, and blaming God for the works of others. Good to know that self-idolatry, and condescension haven't run their course as of yet.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

How long is it gonna take to get over it?

At this point you may just be trading one indoctrination as you state for another.

I mean i have read how in your youth you would speak to others about Jesus and now it seems you have not really left the debate. You just took a different side.

I do not think the you yrs ago was quite as unhappy as you claimed to be when compared to you today but that is all just me rambling on.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

I never said god kills in the name of religion, i said he makes killing in the name of religion (as in, for humans) a heroic thing to do.. so no, not justice

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

How long is it gonna take to get over it?

Get over what?

At this point you may just be trading one indoctrination as you state for another.

I certainly hope not. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

I mean i have read how in your youth you would speak to others about Jesus and now it seems you have not really left the debate. You just took a different side.

Indeed I did.
You're right. I haven't.
Indeed I have.

I do not think the you yrs ago was quite as unhappy as you claimed to be when compared to you today but that is all just me rambling on.

I went through some very bad times, but I certainly don't blame xtianity for all of it. That was just the icing on the cake, so to speak. Nevertheless, I had some good times too. Life has its ups and downs. We all go through them, no matter who and what we are. But my life took a major turn for the better when I walked away from xtianity. But that's just me rambling on, and just my own experience.

Just think of me as Paul in reverse. I've had my own road to Damascus experience. I'm here to say: There is life after xtianity.

edit on 1/21/2015 by Klassified because: corrections

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

Do you think those folk in Tampa do what they do due to pure altruism, or because they think their chosen gawd would give them a thumbs up and hopefully recruit a few sheep for the flock at the same time?

well you know, their motives are not of consequence to myself, nor the people they are connecting with that desperately need that positive force. I just see people doing good things for others, and am thankful. These are positive actions people are making to help the destitute and tired forgotten people of our community another night. A little bit more time to get their life together. To feel hope again. Actions and words affect change more than words alone.

Many volunteers share a common faith. Any many may have had a claim to no faith. It is not relevant because these people are doing good things. It does not feel right to simply mock them whatever the personal bias in this forum. Perhaps rants would have sufficed.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DYepes
well you know, their motives are not of consequence to myself, nor the people they are connecting with that desperately need that positive force. I just see people doing good things for others, and am thankful. These are positive actions people are making to help the destitute and tired forgotten people of our community another night. A little bit more time to get their life together. To feel hope again. Actions and words affect change more than words alone.

Many volunteers share a common faith. Any many may have had a claim to no faith. It is not relevant because these people are doing good things. It does not feel right to simply mock them whatever the personal bias in this forum. Perhaps rants would have sufficed.

Faith alone does not make anyone a good person, nor does the lack of it. The OP was referring to Christians and the influences they have and have had.

You have a problem with the OP pointing out the awful side of that religion, asthough this was unfair. But then go on to place a group of Christians near you on a peddle stool and then insinuate that Christians shouldn't be mocked because of them.

Christians do not have a monopoly on charity or morality, and they're fair targets just like everyone else.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join