It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cry me a river - Vancouver couple struggles to make ends meet on only $25,000 a month

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I don't think they're actually complaining.

I think they're asking for help to figure out what and how they need to get control of their spending.

As a parent do you work more or do you get rid of the full time live in nanny?

Do you cut the private school or somewhere else?

I've had things in my life I thought I absolutely needed. But, after having to give them up, I found out they weren't necessary.

It can be done.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I absolutely hate people like this, they anger me to no end. I survive on less than 25,000 in a whole year. These people wouldn't understand hard times if it walked right up to them and slapped them in their over excessive, greedy little faces. I can only hope that this family is forced to downsize, or re-evaluate their situation, and let it humble them in some way, shape, or form......... the reality is though, that these people never learn, and keep raising little greedy clones of themselves to take their places, and perpetuate their rich, ignorant cycle. Depressing really!

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
What a bunch creeps. They think they're so entitled, but in reality they'll be stuck the biggest IOU's when they exit this brief school called earth.

Now can I think of what we'd do with 25000 a month. We'd triple our monthly living for 7 people, on 2 months of that and spend the rest taking Fortis Electric to court, and getting engineers to help us device solar, HHO, and energy systems to run our property with and then export that to every single property in our area and neighboring towns who are also being targetted by Fortis, where suddenly you just get a 1200 dollar bill and they never deal with it, come up with ludicrous improbable explanations and you find others want to get a class action going, people support this but in reality, no one joins in because everyone is afraid of being targetted. Nah, I want them out of business and sued by my province and paying back what they have stolen.

That kind of money is a responsibility, you have to do things for others and community.
edit on 20-1-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleClassWhiteBoy

originally posted by: Bilk22

originally posted by: Domo1

a reply to: Domo1

Man there are a lot of troll posts tonight.

?
Did you actually read the article you linked to? The article is based on a story from The Globe. You buy the stories in The Globe?

So this post of yours is either a troll or you're that easily manipulated and believe it without any proof it's real. They even made corrections at the bottom of the article. The guy works between 80 and 100hrs per week. The two days makes it seem the way you intended to present it here.

Ah what's the use? There's so much hate and envy in the world. I guess that's the intent of the article. To make people feel inadequate and hate others that may be doing better than they are. Seems there's quite a few of these threads tonight. Must have something to do with Obama's Failure of the State address tomorrow night.

Envy? Really? Wake up out of your zombie slumber! The top 1% of the world's wealthiest will now own 50% of all wealth. The average income in the US four a family of 4 is around $40k. You know how many places a family of four can live and have a normal U.S. existence on that ??? Hardly anywhere that has good schools, low crime, etc. this is about economic JUSTICE! The world is being destroyed and the fabric of democracy and freedom because there is less and less wealth to go around. It has nothing to do with envy. Even if this article is fake Vancouver is an expensive place to live because of all the nefarious wealthy Chinese coming in and buying up and speculating the market to death. But anyways gere to orange county and see how wealthy people are while the rest of their country burns into poverty and subsistence living.

Bill Gross from Pimco just donated $10 million to a local hospital! Wow! The guy is a freakin bond trader who's been bailed out by the government and is worth billions. Yet pathetic people who run the hospital and the stupid catholic nuns have no problem taking dirty Wallstreet money!
There are a few things to consider here before you go jumping off of a bridge. 1. this whole thing could be fabricated with the expressed intent of eliciting the reactions posted here - oh and just in time for Obama's Failure of the State speech. 2.the money this couple, if real, are talking about does not put them in the class you suggest. They could easily become destitute with one wrong investment and will, like most of the rest of us, be slaves to debt. They are not the 1% that have claimed the vast wealth of the world.

I suggest the former is the reason this thing is making the rounds on this forum and in other places prior to the drivel we'll be hearing tonight. This is psychological warfare being perpetrated on the people. The whole class warfare issue is played up by the media and politicians to further divide and control. Your being enraged is a perfect example.

You live in California? You're par tof the problem AFAIK.
edit on 00000Tuesdayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
These folks need to give Dave Ramsey a call and get on his budgeting program. He can fix them right up if they really want to change their future. Living within one's means isn't rocket science, just plain math. Funny how people can get through years of higher education and yet can't seem to do simple math when it comes to budgeting.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I suggest the former is the reason this thing is making the rounds on this forum and in other places prior to the drivel we'll be hearing tonight. This is psychological warfare being perpetrated on the people. The whole class warfare issue is played up by the media and politicians to further divide and control. Your being enraged is a perfect example.

I know people like to joke that Canada is the 51st state, but get real. It's an entirely different country, why would it be concocted in Canadian news to ruffle po' folk feathers in the US? Swap out Canada for somewhere else, perhaps a well-off Czech family whining about money mismanagement, and it's the same end result. They're still idiots who cannot manage what they make, and are trying to cry about it. The point is they're cash rich, and common sense devoid.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
a reply to: Xtrozero

450k - 38% = 171k in taxes or 278k

LOL... oh you Americans and your uber low tax rates.

This couple is in Vancouver, Canada.

That means the combined federal and provincial tax bracket (in British Columbia) for a household income of 450k is closer to 50%. Quite literally, half of their gross earnings get handed over to the taxman.

But either way, there's no reason for this couple to be 'struggling'. Unfortunately for people like this, they have no concept of what "down-sizing" means.

I would love to work my @ss off in Canada to pay for others...life goal that I most likely will never get a chance to do...

Sarcasm ...

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

I am, however, very against people that make a lot of money that then turn around and bitch because they can't manage their finances and make some sacrifices. 5 kids? You want a modest 1 million dollar home? Kiss my ass. Maybe you shouldn't have crapped out so many kids.

Everyone has a different view of quality of life, but then I do agree that no matter what you make you can't really bitch since it is all up to you on how you live your life good or bad.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

I know people like to joke that Canada is the 51st state, but get real. It's an entirely different country, why would it be concocted in Canadian news to ruffle po' folk feathers in the US? Swap out Canada for somewhere else, perhaps a well-off Czech family whining about money mismanagement, and it's the same end result. They're still idiots who cannot manage what they make, and are trying to cry about it. The point is they're cash rich, and common sense devoid.
It's been tweeted. I believe they cross international lines
It was also posted here and look at the responses. Maybe just a coincidence, but maybe not.

Yes they may be idiots or maybe just a figment of someone's imagination

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Let me ask you - does this story sound very believable to you? These are two people who went thru professional school. Does it seam reasonable that these two people would broadcast their economic life on the internet? Does it even seem reasonable they wouldn't know how to manage their finances, at least more reasonably than is presented? I guess people need to think before they jump

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Man you have 16million stars? You must be good

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
What does he do with 5 days off a week anyway?

They have 5 kids.

He could use protection?
lol
Some (all?) their kids go to private school.
I read something about a live--in-nanny too so it doesn't sound like he's got much childcare responsibility.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I wish I could spend that much on clothing every month.
I actually wish I made even half of what they make.

No sympathy. Maybe they should try harder to live within their means, which mind you, will be much easier for them than the vast majority of other people.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join