It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘American Sniper’ Complaints Grow in Hollywood: Should Clint Eastwood Be Celebrating a ‘Killer

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

where did the katrina claim come from?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
also...

We all said stupid # when we were 18. Hell, I still do sometimes.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I loved the movie.. So what if he said a few off handed comments about the Iraqi people . You have to put yourself in a particular mindset to do what our troops are required to do.

It's awfully easy to be a critic when you've never placed yourself in that position. Out of all the negitive comments concerning Kyle's character. I'll bet a testicle that not a single poster served our country during this war. How was he suppose to see the Iraqis while he was viewing them through a scope?

His comment about him wishing he could have killed more.. I interpret as for every Iraqi soldier dead is one less American dead..

As far as this war being justified or not doesn't help our men and woman who are in the #.. Is any war justified?

To the q ball that wrote he should have taken that guy to the range earlier.. really?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

I don't know their ages, but I never said anything like that in my life.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I just watched the movie and in my opinion any serviceman/wpman who saves even one American is a Hero. Anyone who wants to say otherwise because you didn't agree with why we where their is shortsighted.

My observation was he did what he had to do to save other American lives. How can any American fault the guy for that?

Yes he has to detach in order to do what he had to do, perhaps that is what made him so proficient.

He is a hero in my book.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

He made the claim himself.

And then there were his stories — some of which smelled fishy. “There were a lot of things he told people that are really unverifiable,” journalist Michael J. Mooney, who wrote a book on Kyle, told The Washington Post. Like the one about how he and a bud went down to New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina and picked off dozens of bad guys. Or the one in which he took on two armed Texans bent on stealing his truck and shot them both dead. Or the one he told about former Minnesota governor Jesse “The Body” Ventura.

Link

At best a liar, at worst a murderer of dozens of American civilians in a catastrophe situation.
edit on 19-1-2015 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot
I just watched the movie and in my opinion any serviceman/wpman who saves even one American is a Hero. Anyone who wants to say otherwise because you didn't agree with why we where their is shortsighted.

My observation was he did what he had to do to save other American lives. How can any American fault the guy for that?

Yes he has to detach in order to do what he had to do, perhaps that is what made him so proficient.

He is a hero in my book.

So if he saved one servicemen, but killed dozens of American civilians as he claimed he is a hero?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: neo96
When was Obama herald as a hero of the republic I don't know a single American who thinks that.

Go on the Facebook page of Joe "The Black Eagle" Madison and read the comments from his listeners (Obama fans).

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

He is a hero in my book.

So if he saved one servicemen, but killed dozens of American civilians as he claimed he is a hero?

You lost me. I only wayched the movie so where did you get he killed american civilians?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Chapter and page number please?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

Chapter and page number please?

See my above post. I already linked it.

He personally claimed to have killed dozens during Katrina and to have killed two attempted car jackers in texas. He could have very easily done this in the post Katrina chaos, the Texas thing sounds like a lie. However even if he lied about it all.. then he was a lying douche that claimed to kill American civilians, assaulted a 60 year old vet, and so on.

Is the serviceman he saved recorded (i wont doubt it if it is, just can't take his word since he's a known liar and potentially a murderer).

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

See my posts above. He claimed he killed dozens of "bad people" during the chaos of Katrina with a buddy.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I think it's a shame honestly. The guy was a braggart and douche.

Also he claimed he and a buddy went down during Katrina and shot "bad" people. Who was he to judge. At best he was a liar and at worst a murderer of American civilians.

You're lying. Chris told fellow SEAL Brandon Webb that he knew people hired by Blackwater to go down there and shoot people in and around the Superdome. He never said he did it himself. He was In Iraq in 2005.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

See my posts above. He claimed he killed dozens of "bad people" during the chaos of Katrina with a buddy.

No he didnt, see the above post.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Also he claimed he and a buddy went down during Katrina and shot "bad" people. Who was he to judge. At best he was a liar and at worst a murderer of American civilians.

You're lying. Chris told fellow SEAL Brandon Webb that he knew people hired by Blackwater to go down there and shoot people in and around the Superdome. He never said he did it himself. He was In Iraq in 2005.

NO I AM ABSOLUTELY NOT LYING. Check yourself before you call me a liar. He told his biographer that he and a buddy went down to new orleans and picked off "bad guys." Just like he claimed he killed two car jackers in texas and just like he claimed he knocked out Jesse Ventura.

I already linked the story and the quote in an above post on this page.

I'll post it again in case you need to read things twice before they sink in: Link to story

and qoute:

And then there were his stories — some of which smelled fishy. “There were a lot of things he told people that are really unverifiable,” journalist Michael J. Mooney, who wrote a book on Kyle, told The Washington Post. Like the one about how he and a bud went down to New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina and picked off dozens of bad guys. Or the one in which he took on two armed Texans bent on stealing his truck and shot them both dead. Or the one he told about former Minnesota governor Jesse “The Body” Ventura.

So I am sorry about your hero, but in reality he was a scumbag. Liar at best, murderer at worst. Not to include potentially a Darwin award candidate for taking a guy with an extreme case of PTSD and depression with other mental issues to a gun range. Why would you take someone shell shocked to a gun range?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Link

At best a liar, at worst a murderer of dozens of American civilians in a catastrophe situation.

From the link it seems as if Jesse Ventura was saying that to Kyle. Thats why Kyle punched him.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

No.. you see the above post.. The one with the facts, not the imaginary one you are referring to.

This is all well known stuff.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Link

From the link it seems as if Jesse Ventura was saying that to Kyle. Thats why Kyle punched him.

Said what to Kyle? The Katrina claim was something Kyle said that was completely unrelated to the Jesse Ventura incident (which is most likely another lie since Chris Kyle was a habitual liar).

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Did he actually say it or is a case of "he told me" and if you want to know more buy my book?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

NO I AM ABSOLUTELY NOT LYING. Check yourself before you call me a liar. He told his biographer that he and a buddy went down to new orleans and picked off "bad guys." Just like he claimed he killed two car jackers in texas and just like he claimed he knocked out Jesse Ventura.

I already linked the story and the quote in an above post on this page.

I'll post it again in case you need to read things twice before they sink in: Link to story

and qoute:

So I am sorry about your hero, but in reality he was a scumbag. Liar at best, murderer at worst. Not to include potentially a Darwin award candidate for taking a guy with an extreme case of PTSD and depression with other mental issues to a gun range. Why would you take someone shell shocked to a gun range?

From Brandon Webb, former S.E.A.L., on sofrep.com where this story first appeared:

" In early 2012, I had an unexpected conversation with my friend Chris Kyle (author of American Sniper) about the Katrina debacle. I had heard rumblings about Special Operations (mainly SEALs) snipers being deployed to New Orleans to support the effort to restore order. He confirmed the rumors and shared his own intimate knowledge that close contacts of his, many who were apparently still serving on active duty, took leave to work for the controversial PMC (Private Military Company),Blackwater.

Chris went on to tell me that the bulk of the guys he knew directly had racked up over thirty kills between them near and around the Super Dome. I asked him about Rules of Engagement, and asked, “Who were they shooting at,” and he just gave me a big Texas shrug and smile. I figured out really quick that it was 180 grains of due process (usually to the head at 200M)."

You might not be "lying", but you don't have your facts correct. Brandon Webb never said Chris Kyle told him that he went down to New Orleans. In 2005 he was in Iraq.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join