It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘American Sniper’ Complaints Grow in Hollywood: Should Clint Eastwood Be Celebrating a ‘Killer

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

originally posted by: Kali74
It seems you can't criticize or question Kyle's story without being attacked and called unpatriotic. Lately I feel like we're in the same atmosphere we were after 9/11. That got us the Patriot Act.

Because actors are the diplomats of our time (sarcasm). I would much rather them be critical of the reason why we were there in the first place. Then maybe real change can be had. Kyle enlisted on his own free will but didn't pull the strings as to why he was there. You have to obey orders. I don't blame him for sniping. I do have my thoughts on his character but who am I to judge. A couple lies to sell a book. You still can't take away his service.

I want the war pigs in the limelight.

The 4 hour edit has passed. I wanted to clear the sarcasm up in the first sentence. I used the greater and lesser than symbols and it didn't show up in my first post. The movie did in my opinion portray the toll war takes on a soldier. It wasn't glorifying it. His own brother in the second tour part said it all. F this war.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Successfully killing IS the job.
Emotionally NEEDING it is an illness.
ENJOYING a successful killing is normal once YOU have been there,"Better THEM than us" as it were I still can't figure out WHY the public doesn't get it.
THE WINNING is the target killing is the arrow.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I am sure it has been brought up many times, but the comparison to the sniper movie from Inglorious Bastards cannot be denied.

It's laughable how they are clearing making a mockery of the incident in Bastards, but American Sniper takes it serious.

I understand people can be patriots and fight for their country, but in my opinion glorifying it is childish and disgusting. Not to mention borderline evil.

new topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join