It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘American Sniper’ Complaints Grow in Hollywood: Should Clint Eastwood Be Celebrating a ‘Killer

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Seems posters here really want this guy to be something he wasn't. He was a habitual liar, potential murderer of American civilians, and only famous for making a few long shots (not even close to record shots) killing people in a war we shouldn't have been in.

Nothing noteworthy about this guy at all. His own hype and his death are why he has a movie made about him.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

a reply to: neo96

I think it's a shame honestly. The guy was a braggart and douche.

Also he claimed he and a buddy went down during Katrina and shot "bad" people. Who was he to judge. At best he was a liar and at worst a murderer of American civilians.

You're lying. Chris told fellow SEAL Brandon Webb that he knew people hired by Blackwater to go down there and shoot people in and around the Superdome. He never said he did it himself. He was In Iraq in 2005.

NO I AM ABSOLUTELY NOT LYING. Check yourself before you call me a liar. He told his biographer that he and a buddy went down to new orleans and picked off "bad guys." Just like he claimed he killed two car jackers in texas and just like he claimed he knocked out Jesse Ventura.

I already linked the story and the quote in an above post on this page.

I'll post it again in case you need to read things twice before they sink in: Link to story

and qoute:

And then there were his stories — some of which smelled fishy. “There were a lot of things he told people that are really unverifiable,” journalist Michael J. Mooney, who wrote a book on Kyle, told The Washington Post. Like the one about how he and a bud went down to New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina and picked off dozens of bad guys. Or the one in which he took on two armed Texans bent on stealing his truck and shot them both dead. Or the one he told about former Minnesota governor Jesse “The Body” Ventura.

So I am sorry about your hero, but in reality he was a scumbag. Liar at best, murderer at worst. Not to include potentially a Darwin award candidate for taking a guy with an extreme case of PTSD and depression with other mental issues to a gun range. Why would you take someone shell shocked to a gun range?

From Brandon Webb, former S.E.A.L., on sofrep.com where this story first appeared:

" In early 2012, I had an unexpected conversation with my friend Chris Kyle (author of American Sniper) about the Katrina debacle. I had heard rumblings about Special Operations (mainly SEALs) snipers being deployed to New Orleans to support the effort to restore order. He confirmed the rumors and shared his own intimate knowledge that close contacts of his, many who were apparently still serving on active duty, took leave to work for the controversial PMC (Private Military Company),Blackwater.

Chris went on to tell me that the bulk of the guys he knew directly had racked up over thirty kills between them near and around the Super Dome. I asked him about Rules of Engagement, and asked, “Who were they shooting at,” and he just gave me a big Texas shrug and smile. I figured out really quick that it was 180 grains of due process (usually to the head at 200M)."

You might not be "lying", but you don't have your facts correct. Brandon Webb never said Chris Kyle told him that he went down to New Orleans. In 2005 he was in Iraq.

No, you are just reading old information. Later Kyle claimed to that very same guy that he went to Katrina himself and killed people. It is well documented and it is in the book. So maybe he told the truth later and just lied about his own experiences there to garner more attention.

He did in fact, one hundred percent claim he went there and killed bad guys. You can look it up, or read the published book.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

a reply to: NOTurTypical

No.. you see the above post.. The one with the facts, not the imaginary one you are referring to.

This is all well known stuff.

I posted the direct quote from Brandon Webb who was the former S.E.A.L. who heard Kyle talking about New Orleans, he never said Chris said he went, he said Chris told him he knew several people who went.

You keep ignoring this, but Google the date of Katrina, then Google the dates Chris was deployed in Iraq.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

The story isn't made up (at least by anyone, but kyle himself). It is well documented he made the claims.

Why are simplistic patriots treating him as a hero?” by the Guardian – are making the online rounds and gaining buzz, recounting troubling reports of Chris Kyle, wherein Kyle claimed he shot Hurricane Katrina looters and others.
another link

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

No, you are just reading old information. Later Kyle claimed to that very same guy that he went to Katrina himself and killed people. It is well documented and it is in the book.

No, that's all bulls***. Brandon Webb never said Chris told him he went. He said he knew of people who went. He was in Iraq in 2005. And it certainly wasn't in the book, I've read it 3 times.

You have some piss-poor journalism you are referring to. I quoted you the exact quote from Brandon Webb from sofrep.com in 2012.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

No.. you see the above post.. The one with the facts, not the imaginary one you are referring to.

I posted the direct quote from Brandon Webb who was the former S.E.A.L. who heard Kyle talking about New Orleans, he never said Chris said he went, he said Chris told him he knew several people who went.

You keep ignoring this, but Google the date of Katrina, then Google the dates Chris was deployed in Iraq.

Yeah and that's just a guy who said he heard kyle talk about that. I posted a direct quote from Mooney the guy who wrote the book on Kyle. The guy who Kyle told these things to.

It isn't at all disputed that Kyle said he went to New Orleans and killed people. He told his biographer that. Whether or not it's true is a whole other story.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

" In early 2012, I had an unexpected conversation with my friend Chris Kyle (author of American Sniper) about the Katrina debacle. I had heard rumblings about Special Operations (mainly SEALs) snipers being deployed to New Orleans to support the effort to restore order. He confirmed the rumors and shared his own intimate knowledge that close contacts of his, many who were apparently still serving on active duty, took leave to work for the controversial PMC (Private Military Company),Blackwater. Chris went on to tell me that the bulk of the guys he knew directly had racked up over thirty kills between them near and around the Super Dome. I asked him about Rules of Engagement, and asked, “Who were they shooting at,” and he just gave me a big Texas shrug and smile. I figured out really quick that it was 180 grains of due process (usually to the head at 200M)."

Brandon Webb, former S.E.A.L., sofrep.com 2012

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

The story isn't made up (at least by anyone, but kyle himself). It is well documented he made the claims.

Actually, it's not well documented that he made the claims.

You keep posting links to articles that revert back to the original source material... a man who was NOT Chris Kyle claiming that Chris Kyle told him the story.

Get your facts straight. None of them have been, thus far. The supposed carjacking incident where he killed 2 men is also a story that was never verified by Chris Kyle, it was just another story going around.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

No, you are just reading old information. Later Kyle claimed to that very same guy that he went to Katrina himself and killed people. It is well documented and it is in the book.

No, that's all bulls***. Brandon Webb never said Chris told him he went. He said he knew of people who went. He was in Iraq in 2005. And it certainly wasn't in the book, I've read it 3 times.

You have some piss-poor journalism you are referring to. I quoted you the exact quote from Brandon Webb from sofrep.com in 2012.

No, not Webb, my mistake. Kyle's biographer, who Kyle worked with on his story. You gave a second hand story from a seal. I am giving the information Kyle gave in his own biography. SO my source is the horses mouth. Yours is the piss poor source.

What's weird is how in denial you are about this. What is your personal stake in defending this lying waste of time. The truth is there for all to see. You can make a hundred posts after mine saying it isn't true, but it's out there in his own words forever in his book. So have fun. I'm done talking about this guy. He killed some people, big deal, he was a scum bag in real life.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

You keep posting links to articles that revert back to the original source material... a man who was NOT Chris Kyle claiming that Chris Kyle told him the story.

Get your facts straight. None of them have been, thus far. The supposed carjacking incident where he killed 2 men is also a story that was never verified by Chris Kyle, it was just another story going around.

No, it is well documented. It was a guy who wrote the book on Kyle WITH Kyle. Kyle was so invested in the book and it's "truths" that he went on t.v. defending the content and had to pay out in a lawsuit for the lies about Jesse Ventura.

It's Kyle's own words that's about as good as it gets. He also claimed he killed two carjackers in Texas. He was just a liar.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

No, it is well documented. It was a guy who wrote the book on Kyle WITH Kyle. Kyle was so invested in the book and it's "truths" that he went on t.v. defending the content and had to pay out in a lawsuit for the lies about Jesse Ventura.

It's Kyle's own words that's about as good as it gets. He also claimed he killed two carjackers in Texas. He was just a liar.

No, it's NOT the same person who worked with him on American Sniper. It's a journalist who pieced together information from articles about Kyle and other books, then fabricated a few stories to boot, and wrote his own book. EVERY claim you can find online of the Katrina and carjacking story where the author says "Chris told me this and said it's all true" are from Michael J. Mooney, the author of "The Life and Legend of Chris Kyle."

Your "facts" are not facts and you need to do further research before continuing to make yourself look like an idiot.
edit on 1/19/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

No you are absolutely wrong you have no proof that Kyle said any of that your own example proves that.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Yeah and that's just a guy who said he heard kyle talk about that. I posted a direct quote from Mooney the guy who wrote the book on Kyle. The guy who Kyle told these things to.

It isn't at all disputed that Kyle said he went to New Orleans and killed people. He told his biographer that. Whether or not it's true is a whole other story.

He (Mooney) wrote THIS book on Kyle:

www.amazon.com

not THIS book (autobiography):

www.amazon.com

You don't even have the correct book. And Mooney didn't even get right what Brandon Webb actually said on sofrep.com, which has been posted twice now. Chris Kyle said he knew of people that went, not that he went. And furthermore, nobody has been able to verify the claims that S.E.A.L.s were in New Orleans. Your link itself says the story is "unverifiable".

And finally...

CHRIS

KYLE

WAS

IN

IRAQ

IN

edit on 19-1-2015 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
A quote from Taya Kyle, Chris' widow:

According to several reports published after his death, Kyle told a story about shooting two men who tried to carjack his truck not long after he left military service. As the story goes, police investigating the incident were directed to a phone number at the Department of Defense, where they were apparently told of Kyle’s military background and accomplishments as a sniper.

But the carjacking story could not be independently confirmed by various publications, including The New Yorker in its latest issue. Asked about the carjacking story, Taya said, “All I can say in response to that is that people enjoy taking rumors and try to paint a picture of what they want it to be.”

Taya said she couldn’t recall ever hearing Chris tell the carjacking story publicly. Asked if he had ever told her the story, she said, “I’ve been sticking to what he decided to share publicly and only share those things.”

She added: “I can tell you Chris was as honest as the day is long.”

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

also...

So the film is doing its job then...

No surprise.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

The most annoying type of poster on ATS are the ones who have made up their mind based on false information and any attempt to dispel that false information is seen as nothing more than fanatical support for the alternate viewpoint. Inevitably, they abandon the conversation as though the possessors of the correct information are the irrational ones.

Another word for this type of poster: "moron."

I agree 100%. IMO Chris Kyle saved lifes,,,American lives.

People may not like that we where there and people where killed but the bottomline is he was a American soldier doing his job.

It's funny how the same people putting this guy down say nothing about Obama killing innocent people all around the globe in places we shouldn't even be in. Kinda hypocritical isn't it?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot

The most annoying type of poster on ATS are the ones who have made up their mind based on false information and any attempt to dispel that false information is seen as nothing more than fanatical support for the alternate viewpoint. Inevitably, they abandon the conversation as though the possessors of the correct information are the irrational ones.

People may not like that we where there and people where killed but the bottomline is he was a American soldier doing his job.

It's funny how the same people putting this guy down say nothing about Obama killing innocent people all around the globe in places we shouldn't even be in. Kinda hypocritical isn't it?

I think I mentioned that bit about Obama intentionally assassinating U.S. citizens with drone attacks in a foreign country without due process.

Not sure why nobody cares about that. Murdering U.S. citizens without a trial used to be illegal.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: sirlancelot

I think I mentioned that bit about Obama intentionally assassinating U.S. citizens with drone attacks in a foreign country without due process.

Not sure why nobody cares about that. Murdering U.S. citizens without a trial used to be illegal.

HEY!!!

You watch your mouth talking about the Emperor! (pbuh)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join