It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the worst firearm you have ever used / owned?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Davis .32 auto. Cheap P.O.S. It jammed a lot. They've been known to explode occasionally. I moved on to better weapons.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I had a Beretta .32 that had some feeding issues. Other than that I really don't have any others to complain about.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
You guys make me feel so lucky lol.

I've quite literally had hands on hundreds of guns other people had problems with, and I've always managed to get them working reliably for them without major heartache.

From my own collection... I've pretty consistently refused to ever spend more than $300 on a handgun or $800 on a rifle (except stupid FN HURTSYERWALLET ... I mean Herstal products which I've stupidly bought a p90 f2000 and a 5.7 pistol from them. Guess how many HURTSYERWALLET products I own now?) and until around the 08 election ramp up I rarely paid over $175 Including transfers!

Oddly enough I've had way better luck buying cheap guns than expensive ones... (never once bought a Jennings, bersa, Taurus, hi-point etc! I just buy the good cheap ones... The ones that are 20 years older than me and look better than much younger models... God that applies to so much in life! Lol)

Anyway hey, I'd like to point out for those who maybe missed it. Bargain revolver brands feature heavily in this list! Hint: This should put paid to the old revolvers are simpler, more reliable, or durable! Revolvers are extremely complex machines that require EVERY PIECE be toleranced to every other to a level that approaches that of Swiss watch making! Or you can build an AK 47 out of a shovel...

And another thing... The whole bullpups being useless for bayonet combat has been thoroughly disproved by not one but TWO spectacularly successful bayonet charges resulting in well over a hundred to ZERO fatality exchange rates which outside of the f15 puts the l85 bayonet charge as THE BEST bayonet combat weapon of all time by loss ratio...
Do bullpups require different tactics? Absolutely! Do they work and work well? I'd say the results speak for themselves. Otherwise though I agree that l85 is a poorly designed gun (even if the L86 and L22a2 are sexy beasts!)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Govt issue m-9, and m-16... Hated qualifying each year.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
A high standard 22cal semi auto called "sport king"
Most jamming up p.o.s. I ever owned. I was better off throwing it at the target.

That's funny, I still have one my dad bought in the early 50's works like a charm.
Might be finicky about the ammo used or you have a fatigued spring in your mag.

Worst guns ever - anything made by High Point.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
To ensure you are never in a position to take anothers life you wouldn't own or posses a firearm.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: WatchRider

Favorite? Convinced a buddy of mine to buy himself an AR chambered in .50 Beowulf. Absolutely Monstrous.

www.alexanderarms.com...

I fired two out of it the first time I handled it and didn't want to hand it back to the guy that was selling it. Placed at about 4 inches apart, center mass, at 50 yards - which ain't overly impressive by any means, but for a first and second shot out of this weapon, I say not bad. Plenty enough to do the job; and most people can't hold onto the thing.

Depends what you're in the market for; I've got suggestions for and against quite a few weapons - but this would be a long post if I just started going on... Are we talkin' long rifles? Mid-rifles? Pistols? Shaaawtys?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: jazz10
To ensure you are never in a position to take anothers life you wouldn't own or posses a firearm.

I'm sorry... What?

My possession or ownership of a weapon has nothing to do with taking of a life; I can do that with my thumb if I'm inclined... Or my lighter... Maybe even this post-it in front of me...

I'd also like to point out that without a gun, if someone approaches me with a knife, I'm likely to stab him with it; where if I would have had a gun, I could have simply held him at gunpoint until authorities arrived.

Guns have more potential to ensure safety than ... well, what would You propose? The police? Let me just get stabbed up real quick and give them a ring - I'm sure they'll be here within 15 or so - all this blood just means I'm gonna be light headed; right?

ETA: Bah - apologies for taking the bait and turning this off subject... If that post is implying what I gather it is - I just couldn't help myself.
edit on 15-1-2015 by DigitalJedi805 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: WatchRider

Anything from Kel-Tec-------Taurus------Century Arms. I have owned guns from each company and they make crap. Kel-Tec is for the tacticool crowd who thinks just because it looks cool it will work......Ya right.

Best gun companies I have found.............Knights Arms......Noveske......Colt......Ruger......Larue.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Worst, S&W .38 revolver. I had to qualify with one in the Navy. You could feel the barrel wiggle in the frame. I still have a scar on my hand where some lead shot out because the cylinder and the barrel didn't line up exactly.

Best S&W .500 Bone Collector. Expensive to shoot, but, when you hit a cinder block with it, the cinder block goes away. The muzzle blast off of that thing took out Dirty Harry.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
A zip gun I made out of a potato. I guess the missus won't ask me to mash potatoes again. I have since retooled and put in a bridgeport along with a nice lathe. Okay all joking aside, it was one of those #ty SKS's they were selling at flea markets years ago. You know, the 89 dollar specials.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Good reply a reply to: DigitalJedi805

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie

Mate I wish I was smoking whatever you are! The L86 an L22 are two of the ugliest shooters out there! As for the SA80A1 - Yep, completely rubbish. Terrible reliability. You just couldn't trust the thing to go bang when you needed it to.

The A2 on the other hand is an altogether different beast. Reliability that puts almost any other weapon in its class to shame. Accuracy to dream of. Still a heavy bullpup, but you get used to it. Combined with the rail system and new sight you get a very versatile weapon. Have trusted my life to it since its development and haven't been disappointed. It even has a decent barrel length that maximises the 5.56 lethality, unlike the M4.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I'm not that experienced, but....

Worst...some Taurus revolver or another I could't wait to get rid of. And any Sig I've ever shot just made my hand sweaty for some reason.

Best (so far) my Ruger LC9, but I also really like my friend's Glock G26.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Worst firearms I've ever used as follows:

Hi-Point C9.

Jimenez J380

Bushmaster XM15-E2S both A2 and A3 version.

I wouldn't recommend these to anyone.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Forgot to mention favorite,

If I can only say 1 my ruger 1911 commander... Love that gun.

Honorable mention auto ordenance Tommy gun.. It's just to much fun.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I had a Jennings 9mm handgun once. It was a piece of junk. Very much inaccurate and once it fired with the safety on. Thankfully no one was hurt. It broke off the safety. Also, while cleaning, the firing pin broke off. Turned out it was plastic as well. Definitely not recommended.

I also don't recommend Double Star assault rifles. From the ones I've seen, they jam up every thirty or so rounds. It doesn't matter how much you keep them clean... they will jam and hang-fire something awful.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Any Desert Eagle handgun. Hate 'em all. OTOH, I absolutely loved my Uzi, so it's not like IMI *can't* make a good weapon.

Hated the P9. And, let's see, detest SPAS Combat-12 shotties, despite all my buddies loving the damned thing. They turn on me every time.

Call me an anarchist, but I actually don't like Remington 700s. Again, my buddies loved them. I would rather have an M14, clunky and heavy though they are.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: roguetechie
The whole bullpups being useless for bayonet combat has been thoroughly disproved by not one but TWO spectacularly successful bayonet charges resulting in well over a hundred to ZERO fatality exchange rates which outside of the f15 puts the l85 bayonet charge as THE BEST bayonet combat weapon of all time by loss ratio...
Do bullpups require different tactics? Absolutely! Do they work and work well? I'd say the results speak for themselves. Otherwise though I agree that l85 is a poorly designed gun (even if the L86 and L22a2 are sexy beasts!)

Where those the two charges against an opponent which had no bayonets fitted to their AKs? In that case I agree, having a bayonet against no bayonet is better than no bayonet. HOWEVER if they'd have tried that against lengthy weapons with bayonets like the FN FAL / L1A1 it would have been a much different tale.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
A high standard 22cal semi auto called "sport king"
Most jamming up p.o.s. I ever owned. I was better off throwing it at the target.

That's funny, I still have one my dad bought in the early 50's works like a charm.
Might be finicky about the ammo used or you have a fatigued spring in your mag.

Worst guns ever - anything made by High Point.

I can't speak for the carbines, but the C9s were ok that I shot.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join