It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the worst firearm you have ever used / owned?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalJedi805
a reply to: WatchRider

Depends what you're in the market for; I've got suggestions for and against quite a few weapons - but this would be a long post if I just started going on... Are we talkin' long rifles? Mid-rifles? Pistols? Shaaawtys?

All types my brother, all types!

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

Anything from Kel-Tec-------Taurus------Century Arms. I have owned guns from each company and they make crap. Kel-Tec is for the tacticool crowd who thinks just because it looks cool it will work......Ya right.

Best gun companies I have found.............Knights Arms......Noveske......Colt......Ruger......Larue.

I know their new bullpup shotgun is a bit gimpy, yet what about the new Kel-Tec bullpup rifle in .308? That's supposed to be pretty radical and uber...

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Worst firearms I've ever used as follows:

Hi-Point C9.

I don't agree, they aren't the worst but not great either

Bushmaster XM15-E2S both A2 and A3 version.

I wouldn't recommend these to anyone.

Were those old Bushmaster models? What were the issues?

I know someone with the Carbon 15 model and he is more than happy with it, no jams, accurate and decent.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I'll go with the pre-1990 CZ-75 (real one, not a knock-off), had nothing but trouble with that gun. It jammed consistently, took it into the shop three times and they still couldn't fix it. So I got rid of it and got the best gun I ever had, a Desert Eagle .44 magnum. Now that was a nice gun, purlexed and pretty, bit heavy and a little cumbersome in a shoulder holster, but she never jammed. There were a couple of times that if she had jammed, I wouldn't be writing this. You get what you pay for ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Worst firearms I've ever used as follows:

Hi-Point C9.

Jimenez J380

Bushmaster XM15-E2S both A2 and A3 version.

I wouldn't recommend these to anyone.

I've had FTE problems with a Bushmaster.
Pain in the ass.
My gun of choice when hunting is an old HR single shot 12 gauge. It has never let me down.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Govt issue m-9, and m-16... Hated qualifying each year.

And the M4A1.....

www.washingtontimes.com...

Most ar-15 kits result in a sub-par firearm imho....

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I have a SUB 9 that is GREAT but it is the all metal one. I STILL cannot figure out how it's legal. IT folds to 17 " It takes S&W 30 Rd mags too.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

No it worked fine,surprisingly.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: jazz10

However THEN you are incapable of stopping someone WHO wants to harm you with them.
Already killed some people,war is like that.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Again with the posting of brand conscious BS...

First off...

I have several century guns that work better than fine and into GREAT territory.

Knight noveske Colt Ruger and Larue are ALL paying two thirds of your cash outlay for a brand name laser etched into the receiver, and not much else.

I've fixed a LOT of colts though!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

I'll go with the pre-1990 CZ-75 (real one, not a knock-off), had nothing but trouble with that gun. It jammed consistently, took it into the shop three times and they still couldn't fix it. So I got rid of it and got the best gun I ever had, a Desert Eagle .44 magnum. Now that was a nice gun, purlexed and pretty, bit heavy and a little cumbersome in a shoulder holster, but she never jammed. There were a couple of times that if she had jammed, I wouldn't be writing this. You get what you pay for ;-)

Cheers - Dave

That's a shame big Bob! You musta gotten the rogue CZ right there, back before '97 customer support was non-existent with the import fees being so high. I think after '97 they had a US CZ firm start up which made things better
. The one I have is a keeper, albeit a P-07 model.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

The XM15-E2S is a poorly manufactured system. They are post ban carbines.

I've seen the Carbon 15 low receiver crack in cold weather.

Bushmaster is overpriced and hasn't put out anything innovative on its own.

The Magpul Masada(otherwise known as the ACR) is still WAY overpriced for what it is, Bushmaster didn't even do the R & D on it and they still can't offer a weapon they didn't design for less than 2500 bucks.

As far as Hi-Point, its not a matter of agree or disagree. I would fire one at the range, but I have had some serious QC issues with Hi-Point and would not recommend them for self defense. You get what you pay for.
edit on pFri, 16 Jan 2015 09:09:14 -0600201516America/Chicago2015-01-16T09:09:14-06:0031vx1 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: WatchRider

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Cheers - Dave

That's a shame big Bob! You musta gotten the rogue CZ right there, back before '97 customer support was non-existent with the import fees being so high. I think after '97 they had a US CZ firm start up which made things better
. The one I have is a keeper, albeit a P-07 model.

Yeah, I think it was probably just a bad one, but I got tired of trying ti deal with it. My CZ-83 was perfect. BTW, purchased in South Africa where we regularity got floor sweepings for product.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

The XM15-E2S is a poorly manufactured system. They are post ban carbines.

I've seen the Carbon 15 low receiver crack in cold weather.

Bushmaster is overpriced and hasn't put out anything innovative on its own.

You are one of the few who diss the Bushmaster, still I've got my Carbon 15 in storage where it's about -5 degrees right now.

How cold was the one you saw that cracked a lower receiver?!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
What One of the Worst Firearms Ever Made Might Look Like

(insert caption of Killer Dog saying "No, Tom, you didn't BUY ONE did you? After what happened?")

And the rest of the story - it promptly broke. It's now in the back corner of one of the gun safes, never to be touched again.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
OTOH...

What One of the Best Firearms Ever Made Might Look Like

Caption: "It followed me home"

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

15 degrees.

Mind you that it could have been any number of things that contributed to this. But cold DOES take a lot of flexibility from polymer parts.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

What went wrong with the Spas 12?

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

True, but only while the cold is an issue, when it warms up a bit. Good to go.

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

You sir have redeemed yourself with this post... I was about to rain down hellfire at the obvious anti czechnology blasphemy!!

Personally I own a veritable herd of CZ's including 52,82,83, and recently 75 clones! (several of most of these). a vz52 rifle, and I'm getting rid of much of my AK collection and transitioning to vz 58's in bulk.

I really wish I could complete my vz52 trifecta with a vz52 lmg in semiauto... then I'd have at least one example of all THREE weapons designated vz52! (gotta love czech naming conventions!)

I'm also hoping to scrape together the cash to pick up a couple UK59 kits before they vaporize.

The reality is there's HUNDREDS of amazing options in every subgroup or weapons type that won't break the bank... Only sheer laziness, and unwillingness to put in the legwork keeps the crap manufacturers in business!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join