It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belgian arms dealer confesses to supplying Paris attackers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

The dealer, a known figure in Brussels’ underworld, turned himself in to local police on Tuesday, according to Belgian media.

Federal police, who searched the suspect’s apartment, found papers linking him to a transaction with Amedy Coulibaly, the jihadist who murdered four Jewish men and held others hostage at the Hyper Cacher kosher supermarket in east Paris on Friday.

According to the local press, the man sold Coulibaly the Skorpion submachine guns he used in the attack, as well as the rocket propelled grenade launcher and the Kalashnikov automatic assault rifles that Said and Cherif Kouachi used to perpetrate the massacre at the offices of Charlie Hebdo. The weapons were purchased near the Midi railway station in downtown Brussels for less than 5,000 euros, according to the reports.

M'kay.

I suppose it's not too weird that the guy kept records of his illegal dealings. OK it seems a little weird. What I'm wondering is how the terrorists made contact initially. I'm also wondering why a black market arms dealer didn't have some procedures in place in case his weapons were used in an attack.

Another thing I'm wondering is if this Belgian was an informant or something.

Did you guys note the price? $7500 for 2 AKs an RPG and a Skorpion(s?). That seems awfully inexpensive. Frighteningly inexpensive. That someone can just take out a loan and go pick that stuff up so cheap really makes the hair stand up.

Link

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This sounds like crap out of a playbook.

$7500.00 for all this stuff? Plus ammo.

It seems convenient that he kept receipts. I wonder if the Jihadists signed the receipts. In this business? Receipts?

They want me to swallow that one. Oh, and the guy gives himself up and confesses. Yeah right.

When it seems too good to be true, it usually is.

This smells.

P

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

That is the rough estimates for street value tho. Even a regular unlicensed handgun goes between 400-1000$ depending if you want hollow point rounds or not.

Drug dealers and arms dealers keep notebooks of all sales, and fronts.

Incase something where to happen to say, people who don't pay. Or if the cops come looking for them they can get a plea bargine on time in jail by giving the book to police so they can track down the people who bought guns illegally.

It's a system but its in effect for the arms and drug dealers benifit. Of course it can bad when they don't want to get caught hand have all that info in a papernote book or binder.

But still. It's pretty much a requirement if you want to be sucessful and not go into the red or forget to many fronts.

A front means an unofficial documented loan.
So the dealer will (if he/she is smart) will record all data so that they don't forget. In the case of arms dealers. if some haneous crime is commited and it can be traced back to him. At least he has evidence against the inviduals who would try to either A) rat him to the police or B) The trail of the suspect is lost but say, evidence against the dealer is still there. So for any reason the police should ask the dealer if they participated in killing an individual ect, They have the documents to show that this person or that person was infact the person who bought the weapons from them. And they played no part in the actions other than supplying unkowningly what they would be used for.

it's pretty much what everyone is doing nowadays to shave off prison time.
edit on 14-1-2015 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

The man said that once he realized that Coulibaly was a jihadist terrorist, he feared that the detectives would reach him because of the link between them.

So he just turned himself in without even getting rid of "evidence" that would link him to those guys, instead?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Drug dealers and arms dealers keep notebooks of all sales, and fronts.

So this guy turned himself in, knowing he had a notebook full of proof of his criminal activity, laying at home.

Right.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Another perfect convenient coincidental event.

They keep pulling Red Herrings out of the water.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: RocketPropelledRenegade

To a state wide search and investigation? With the chance of SWATT busting down his operation and shooting him in the process? Probably.

All things considered. he will have a reduced sentence.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Maybe just maybe he has the intelligence to know that he would be caught and he knows he is going to jail so he told all to get a lighter sentence.
Also for the apparent cheapness of the items do people forget that Europe has had many war zones and likely many guns and stuff on the black market.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This is just a sham story to make this "attack" seem credible. People all over the world, including experts are waking up to the fact that this was a CIA/Mossad operation, to garner further support for the war on "Terror".
edit on 14-1-2015 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

He could've at least attempted to get rid of the evidence don't you think? How long does it take to get rid of a document?

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Maybe just maybe he has the intelligence to know that he would be caught and he knows he is going to jail so he told all to get a lighter sentence.

Seems all he had to do was get rid of the "proof" they found in his appartment. Without proof, there would've been no case.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

You don't know that.
We don't know how close the intelligence service were to getting him anyway.
He would have known they would be looking at where they got the weapons and maybe he knew they would get to him anyway seeing the amount of resources put in the case.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

I'm starting to think that people who want America destablized are repeating the same thing over and over when something happens even if it's on the other side of the globe.

It's not like they were tracking this magazine and knew they were going to release a muslim cartoon that would enrage a portion of the population.

Do you have a little doubt that maybe it isn't the CIA this time? And it was just some pissed off Muslims, You know. Who stated they would go to war with America over shows such as South Park. Forcing South Park to censor the muhammed episodes.

It would just be to much of a coincidence if the CIA wasn't involved at all now would it.

It would be a horrible thought if muslims were actually violent now would it? Of course all of that is just Western propaganda. Muslim Terrorist organizations run by Muslims don't exist. Because everything has to be CIA and the U.S is omnipotent. Pulling the strings over every violent action in the US.

I'm sorry but no offense, I'm gunna call B.S on that.

I'v noticed the increasing anti-American trend rising up and i think its just people rooting for other nations hoping America will fall on it's face.

As much as i don't like American politics i don't think the people of America, Including all its organizations. Should be lumped into force that is causing all the Evil on this planet.

It's just a little short sighted.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

So it would make perfect sense to get rid of anything that would incriminate you. Is this very hard to understand or would you guys be the world's dumbest criminals?

This is a rethorical question.

You don't know that

The article says they found proof linking him to Coulibaly, in his appartment.
edit on 14-1-2015 by RocketPropelledRenegade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

From wich country are you?

Glad to inform you:
You can buy anything you want in every village in Belgium.
Hell... the same store were we used to buy our jeans slso had rocketlaunchers (not the grenade but the really bigger then your house ones!) sitting in his jard.

Seriously.
Belgium is a country were anything can and will happen.
....and you dont need a lot of cash to make it happen.

Go to Bruxelles on a saturday morning, visit a market and just ask ... you'll leave with an arsenal to start ww3 the same day.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

There we go then.
They found links to this arms dealer and the arms dealer probly knew they would find links to him so he handed himself in to give information and maybe get a lighter sentence.
You say dumbest I say a smart guy who knew the game was up.
The link says this also.

The man said that once he realized that Coulibaly was a jihadist terrorist, he feared that the detectives would reach him because of the link between them.

Again you say dumb I say wise.
edit on 14-1-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Daalder

Yes belgium is an amazing place of freedoms.

Drugs galore.

Belgium holland/Netherlands, w.e.

Basically. The place with 1000 names. That's the place.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

If you know the game is up the first thing you do is get rid of the evidence. It is very simple logic but I know by now that you are not the sharpest tool in the shed.

They can suspect you all they want but without evidence they got nothing.

If they had any proof against him, he would not have to turn himself in because in that case that would've already come for him.
edit on 14-1-2015 by RocketPropelledRenegade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

i said the same thing in my earlier post

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

You may have but I wouldn't.
I would have understood no expense spared would used to get me and I would have given myself up and co operated fully with the police.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join