It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi to name first Muslim lawmaker to House intelligence committee

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: sirlancelot

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: buster2010

So much for that separation of church, and state LEFTISTS purport themselves as believing in.

And no madrassas, and Qu'ran doesn't mean Chrstian or Jewish.

I'd like to point out that Carson is being appointed to the intelligence committee NOT an education committee. So his views on education appear to be a bit irrelevant here.

I think him favoring muslim schools is very much relevant to our Ntaional security. Think about!

The only thoughts I can come up with that go along that line of inquiry are racist.

Seriously if a congressman is going to advocate muslim type education in our schools what makes you think he won't propose that same bias in the National Security arena?

Look at Obama who is already doing that by not calling muslim terrorist what they really are! Muslim Terrorist. They do what they do under the perverse version of islam they subscribe too.

Maybe it is racist to you but I like to think of it as conservative nationalist. I'm a christian, america is a christian country, and I don't want that to change. I don't want my daughter to have to wear something on her face when she goes any place in America. It's already happened in Colorado recently.

The muslims in America have every right to practive their faith here but when they try to project their faith and beliefs on non believers then that's where I have issue's.

We are already seeing what muslims are doing in Europe. They moved in, practiced self aparthied, and basically grow small communities where the rule of the host countries law's are not followed.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll

I wonder how much of your outrage has to do with the fact that he is a Muslim.

The thing that outrages me most, is people who accuse others of racism in order to completely shut down any legitimate debate which mentions the word 'muslim'.

Contributing to a discussion about muslims or the muslim faith does NOT make one a racist.

Well said, following the faith of Islam is not restricted to your place of birth or the colour of your skin - as you point out. Some on here though I fear would love to tie the two together.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: buster2010

So much for that separation of church, and state LEFTISTS purport themselves as believing in.

And no madrassas, and Qu'ran doesn't mean Chrstian or Jewish.

We are already seeing what muslims are doing in Europe. They moved in, practiced self aparthied, and basically grow small communities where the rule of the host countries law's are not followed.

Can you name where this has happened and did you get that from Fox News?
edit on 14-1-2015 by uncommitted because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2015 by uncommitted because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You really are a piece of work man....

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Seriously if a congressman is going to advocate muslim type education in our schools what makes you think he won't propose that same bias in the National Security arena?

Do Christians who advocate Christian schools have bias in the National Security arena as well?

Look at Obama who is already doing that by not calling muslim terrorist what they really are! Muslim Terrorist. They do what they do under the perverse version of islam they subscribe too.

Actually he is calling Muslims, Muslims. And he is calling terrorists, terrorists. He is trying to decouple Muslim from terrorist so that people like you stop fearing the Muslim religion.

Maybe it is racist to you but I like to think of it as conservative nationalist. I'm a christian, america is a christian country, and I don't want that to change. I don't want my daughter to have to wear something on her face when she goes any place in America. It's already happened in Colorado recently.

America is a secular country with a majority Christian population. Calling it a Christian country is throwing the first amendment out the window. So how is ONE Muslim politician forcing your daughter to cover her face in public?

What's happened in Colorado? Put a link up to what you are talking about.

The muslims in America have every right to practive their faith here but when they try to project their faith and beliefs on non believers then that's where I have issue's.

"The Christians in America have every right to practive(sic) their faith here but when they try to project their faith and beliefs on non believers then that's where I have issue's(sic)."

How about getting Christians to stop doing that before worrying about what other people and their religions are doing first? Police your own.

You mean like the Amish?
edit on 14-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
like we don't have enuff issues with the current Christian agenda slowly creeping into govt...so we need to bring even more religious agenda into govt? and he is on the "intelligence committee"

that said this brings me into another whole line of that, diversity, freedom of expression, freedom of speech, liberty.....I guess we shouldn't forget who the real enemy is...the govt and TPTB...Muslims or Jews or Christians or Hindus or Russian or Chinese or Canadians or Mexicans or Americans ect....these are not the enemy..it is those using labels and hiding behind " cherished" thoughts or beliefs to separate us, to divide us, to control us, to manipulate us into fighting amongst ourselves while business and govt rake in the control and money.

"can't we all just get along"

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Do Christians who advocate Christian schools have bias in the National Security arena as well?

Actually he is calling Muslims, Muslims. And he is calling terrorists, terrorists. He is trying to decouple Muslim from terrorist so that people like you stop fearing the Muslim religion.

America is a secular country with a majority Christian population. Calling it a Christian country is throwing the first amendment out the window. So how is ONE Muslim politician forcing your daughter to cover her face in public?

What's happened in Colorado? Put a link up to what you are talking about.

"The Christians in America have every right to practive(sic) their faith here but when they try to project their faith and beliefs on non believers then that's where I have issue's(sic)."

How about getting Christians to stop doing that before worrying about what other people and their religions are doing first? Police your own.

You mean like the Amish?

OK america has a Christian majority. Obama differentiating muslim terrerist is his typical pc crap. Call it like it is. Islamic terror or Islamic terrorist. These guys that committ these crimes do so in the name of Allah, don't they?

Regarding the Colorado thing here you go. Source

Last time I checked the amish didn't go around killing innocent people and cutting off their heads!

Geez get a clue!

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

OK america has a Christian majority. Obama differentiating muslim terrerist is his typical pc crap. Call it like it is. Islamic terror or Islamic terrorist. These guys that committ these crimes do so in the name of Allah, don't they?

How did everyone on ATS feel when conspiracy theorists were compared to the likes of Timothy McVeigh? Yet you seem to think doing the same to Muslims is ok.

That's unfortunate. I can see reasons for each side of the argument (the school didn't want to upset the mosque and the other party is right that non-muslim public school students shouldn't cater to a specific religion). I don't see any difference here than when a Pastor stops by a public school and starts handing out bibles or some Christian demands that kids pray in school. At least this example is the school had the best intentions (though, at the end of the day I disagree with how they went about doing it, I will say that they are wrong).

Last time I checked the amish didn't go around killing innocent people and cutting off their heads!

Geez get a clue!

Last time I checked 90% of the Muslim population of 2.2 billion people don't go around killing innocent people and cutting off their heads.
edit on 14-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

My bad, what I meant is any affiliation of obama are mostly morons. I'm saving to get out of this country before it's too late.

Thanks for teaching me the term correctlyđź‘Ť

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

American liberals-like Pelosi-will stop at nothing to undermine the United States.

I can honestly say that there has never been anything deadlier to a free U.S. than the liberals.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Personally,in 2015,I would not allow ANYONE that believes in gods to be on ANY kind of intelligence committee.

Their reasoning is tainted from the beginning.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You could use the same numbers to point out that the "moderate muslims" population is so high that they have NO EXCUSE for doing nothing to rid their cult of the violent members. (Since the violent ones are such an insignificant number.)

There is no excuse.
edit on 14-1-2015 by FalcoFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

How did everyone on ATS feel when conspiracy theorists were compared to the likes of Timothy McVeigh? Yet you seem to think doing the same to Muslims is ok.

That's unfortunate. I can see reasons for each side of the argument (the school didn't want to upset the mosque and the other party is right that non-muslim public school students shouldn't cater to a specific religion). I don't see any difference here than when a Pastor stops by a public school and starts handing out bibles or some Christian demands that kids pray in school. At least this example is the school had the best intentions (though, at the end of the day I disagree with how they went about doing it, I will say that they are wrong).

Geez get a clue!

Last time I checked 90% of the Muslim population of 2.2 billion people don't go around killing innocent people and cutting off their heads.

Listen your obviously a muslim or pro muslim and that's fine. I have no problem with muslims that DO NOT committ violent crimes in the name of allah. If there was a religious group or even a movement that focused on hate, violence, etc I would feel the same way. For example the blacklivesmatter movement. I cant stand the double standard and hypocrisy these folks display. They want black lives to matter to us all yet they as a race don't act as a race like black lifes matter.

My position is that the more radical side of muslim believers have clearly stated they have a manifesto to invade America. Those same muslims attempt to infest america in our schools, in or courts, in our communities.

Drinking a beer in some parts of muslim area's of European countries can get you a sharia beatdown. Now if a muslim congressman believes that american schools should be more like muslim schools then I have a problem with that.

There is already a double standard in America when it comes to free speech and advertising. Muslims and pro muslim organizations can place their propoganda on muncipal buses but when christians try to do the same it is a no no. America has become so politically correct to no offend it's offending the majority to protect the minority.

I don't like what everyone in America has to say but they have that right. When muslims promote their pro muslim or anti semit or anti christian beliefs its ok but when the role is reversed it's a big no no. Its crap!

So when a congressman who is muslim who promotes muslim education is in a position that impacts national security, your damn right I have concerns!

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Geez get a clue!

Listen your obviously a muslim or pro muslim and that's fine. I have no problem with muslims that DO NOT committ violent crimes in the name of allah. If there was a religious group or even a movement that focused on hate, violence, etc I would feel the same way. For example the blacklivesmatter movement. I cant stand the double standard and hypocrisy these folks display. They want black lives to matter to us all yet they as a race don't act as a race like black lifes matter.

My position is that the more radical side of muslim believers have clearly stated they have a manifesto to invade America. Those same muslims attempt to infest america in our schools, in or courts, in our communities.

Drinking a beer in some parts of muslim area's of European countries can get you a sharia beatdown. Now if a muslim congressman believes that american schools should be more like muslim schools then I have a problem with that.

There is already a double standard in America when it comes to free speech and advertising. Muslims and pro muslim organizations can place their propoganda on muncipal buses but when christians try to do the same it is a no no. America has become so politically correct to no offend it's offending the majority to protect the minority.

I don't like what everyone in America has to say but they have that right. When muslims promote their pro muslim or anti semit or anti christian beliefs its ok but when the role is reversed it's a big no no. Its crap!

So when a congressman who is muslim who promotes muslim education is in a position that impacts national security, your damn right I have concerns!

On case you need references for how muslim propoganda is allowed to proliferate in AMerica check this out.

Source

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Drinking a beer in some parts of muslim area's of European countries can get you a sharia beatdown.

If you are going to talk rubbish then expect to be picked up on it - which European countries, what areas of them? Have you been watching Fox News?
edit on 15-1-2015 by uncommitted because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2015 by uncommitted because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: FalcoFan

Who says they aren't?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I'm agnostic, but ok.

Drinking a beer in the wrong part of Europe gets you a beatdown? Walk down the wrong neighborhood in America with the crime of being white and you'll get a beatdown plus robbed. There are always neighborhoods you don't want to walk down with your particular ethnicity. Being that the most isolated people in an ethnicity tend to be the most racist and all. A few racist neighborhoods isn't indicative of the whole though.

The congressman can want American schools to adopt Muslim standards all he wants, but he is going to get the same response that all the Christians that want American schools to adopt Christian standards get, too bad. We keep our schools secular here. Why do you think that if we don't let Christians do it, we'd suddenly let Muslims do it?

So I just did a google search for "muslim buses" since I hadn't heard this. What I got were a bunch of articles talking about buses running ANTI-muslim ads. There wasn't a single article talking about pro-muslim ads. So I'm not sure what you are talking about.
Google search "muslim buses"

Not seeing that this is the case.

Still not seeing it.
edit on 15-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

Drinking a beer in some parts of muslim area's of European countries can get you a sharia beatdown.

If you are going to talk rubbish then expect to be picked up on it - which European countries, what areas of them? Have you been watching Fox News?

Actually I watch mostly aljezeera america.

Check this out. Source

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I'm agnostic, but ok.

Drinking a beer in the wrong part of Europe gets you a beatdown? Walk down the wrong neighborhood in America with the crime of being white and you'll get a beatdown plus robbed. There are always neighborhoods you don't want to walk down with your particular ethnicity. Being that the most isolated people in an ethnicity tend to be the most racist and all. A few racist neighborhoods isn't indicative of the whole though.

The congressman can want American schools to adopt Muslim standards all he wants, but he is going to get the same response that all the Christians that want American schools to adopt Christian standards get, too bad. We keep our schools secular here. Why do you think that if we don't let Christians do it, we'd suddenly let Muslims do it?

So I just did a google search for "muslim buses" since I hadn't heard this. What I got were a bunch of articles talking about buses running ANTI-muslim ads. There wasn't a single article talking about pro-muslim ads. So I'm not sure what you are talking about.
Google search "muslim buses"

Not seeing that this is the case.

Still not seeing it.

Im cool with schools keeping things secular. It is fair after all.

Unfortunately common core has allowed the teaching of Islam which I don't aggree with.

Regarding the islam advertising you just have to watch the video for several examples of the double standard.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Im cool with schools keeping things secular. It is fair after all.

Unfortunately common core has allowed the teaching of Islam which I don't aggree with.

No it hasn't. Common core has started teaching the history of Islam and what it means, but it isn't PREACHING the religion. Common core also does the same things for Christianity.

Regarding the islam advertising you just have to watch the video for several examples of the double standard.

What video? AGAIN it appears that there is a real problem of buses running anti-muslim ads and not so much pro-muslim ads. Did you not click that link? Remember the google search term was "muslim buses"; I didn't put any prefixes in front of muslim and those were the stories I was getting. Where is the evidence of your claims?

edit: I just did a follow up search for "pro-muslim buses" and got nothing talking about pro-muslim ads being put on buses. I'm calling your claims a hoax.
edit on 15-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join