It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mohammed Cartoon On next edition of Charlie Hebdo Cover

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The "survivor's issue" depicts the Prophet crying, as the magazine's lawyer says staff will "cede nothing" to extremists.

Well, first of all I didn't really want to start a Thread on this because I just didn't want to be responsible for it but alas I gave in because no-one else posted a Thread on it.

So it looks like the next edition of 'Charlie Hebdo' may well cause a stir in some communities! I think the Publishers are doing the right thing with this. To not give in is exactly what 'Freedom' fighters/writers must continue to do.

A cartoon depiction of the Prophet Mohammed holding up a sign saying "Je Suis Charlie" will feature on a special edition of Charlie Hebdo produced after last week's newsroom massacre. The bearded figure, with a tear in his eye, stands under the message: "All is forgiven".

Three million copies are to be published of this week's Charlie Hebdo special "survivors' issue", with many of them to be made available outside of France and offered "in 16 languages".

What do you think? Will this cause more problems than its worth or what?

news.sky.com...

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The cartoon:

Thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This shouldn't cause to many problems. Its rather goofy in fact.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I think it will make the cartoonists immortal. Because allot of people are curious why almost a whole editorial office has been killed for these cartoons .. but attacking it for the second time seems out of the question if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Religion truly is for the masses.
Isn't it?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
We need to stand up to bullies no matter where they come from.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

It shows they won't be intimated or Bullied by these radical Islamist Turds. Good for them. Makes me want to learn French and buy some copies.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: elevenaugust

Two ways you can look at the cartoon. One is with 'Mo' crying because people have been killed and the other way which is 'Mo' crying because he is a baby! Or it is both.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

It will be published in 16 Languages it says.

Don't know where you live but maybe it will be available.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

English would be good.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe

English would be good.

Should show up online soon enough and with Google Translate, despite some weird bugs, it's mostly readable. I have more problems with Spanish and Portugese to English via google translate.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: elevenaugust

Two ways you can look at the cartoon. One is with 'Mo' crying because people have been killed and the other way which is 'Mo' crying because he is a baby! Or it is both.

It doesn't really matter how we look at it, it only matters how those who agree to the atrocities see it. Hopefully it will finally give them some pause for thought.

I think the translation is 'I forgive you' but Spanish is my second language, not French. On second thoughts 'you are forgiven' fits better maybe.
edit on 12-1-2015 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2015 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
vive la charlie

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown
Religion truly is for the masses.
Isn't it?

religion creates the messes.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: reformedtro11nowgenious

I'm not Left wing but I support free speech.

I'm not right wing either.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

ISIS are forgiven?

The Prophet is forgiven?

Or

The killers are forgiven?

Seems a bit early to be forgiving the killers IMO but if it helps people get over it then good.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Good for them but there's something that's bothering me. If I made a painting or a cartoon of Mohammad in these trying times, stuck it in the ground and sat beside it in a chair, I think I would not only be surrounded by angry Muslims, but more importantly, angry white people with a higher sense of political correctness. Specifically, west end Vancouverites. I would be more afraid of the finger wagging holier than thou do gooders in my city than the Muslims. And then there's all the people who yell "FREEDOM" and feel we should not bow down to extremists yet no one is making their own cartoon and prancing around the street. Why not? Afraid of inciting violence? Because it's rude? Lack of taste?

What say you ATS. Especially all those who have participated in recent threads denouncing radical behaviors. Where's your cartoon?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I'm not sure I get it.i know the cartoon is an act of defiance. Are the cartoonist saying to the terrorist "we forgive you"? Is this passive agression?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: riffraff

Remember it is a Satirical Magazine
edit on 12-1-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join