It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mohammed Cartoon On next edition of Charlie Hebdo Cover

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
Good for them but there's something that's bothering me. If I made a painting or a cartoon of Mohammad in these trying times, stuck it in the ground and sat beside it in a chair, I think I would not only be surrounded by angry Muslims, but more importantly, angry white people with a higher sense of political correctness. Specifically, west end Vancouverites. I would be more afraid of the finger wagging holier than thou do gooders in my city than the Muslims. And then there's all the people who yell "FREEDOM" and feel we should not bow down to extremists yet no one is making their own cartoon and prancing around the street. Why not? Afraid of inciting violence? Because it's rude? Lack of taste?

What say you ATS. Especially all those who have participated in recent threads denouncing radical behaviors. Where's your cartoon?

We are a cartoon apparently. The whole of the west is a cartoon to these idiots.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Coincidentally, I just came across this just now. It may be off-topic just a tad but the answer for what you ask maybe found here. I'm not a religious man but, take notice. The power of forgiveness may go a little further than you think.

Ok but we are dealing with narcissistic psychopaths. As far as they are concerned there is nothing they need forgiveness for.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

Yeah, it's a tough one ain't it? what to do what to do...pacing back and forth twiddle thumbs, what to do...

I would have to agree with your posts. The arm'n arm marching in solidarity is an nice gesture, for all of us but the radicals aren't quaking in their boots that's for sure. Comical images of Mohammad is pointless, all though brave and gutsy to do it again but pointless.

The extremist will never quake in their boots. An armed conflict is their aim.

One of my mother's clients for years is a moderate Muslim and one day she asked her about this. She said there's only one way to stop them. A dictatorship. And that's coming from a Muslim. Something to think about. The world has gone bleeding heart with political correctness. They've forgotten about the the brutality of the past which has lead us to the freedoms we have. Make no mistake people, we are still just as brutal just we've learned to hide it.

She must be right because she's a muslim talking about muslims......rubbish.

The way to beat this is not armed conflict or dictatorships (armed control) but to have a society that does not tolerate the narrow minded language that is flowing from any community (currently muslim). Unfortunately we have had years of "overly politically correct" people (often white christian !!) thinking they are doing the right thing. Example : I'm an atheist and we just had "Christmas holidays" and in my mind it will always be "christmas holiday period" but oh no some morons have decided to rename it "happy holiday season". That is giving in to intolerance.

If anyone has difficulty in understanding the fine line between freedom of speech and offensive language think about this :

If you cannot change what is being ridiculed then it is wrong.

Thus :

Derogatory language, jokes and cartoons about race are wrong : People are born black,white,brown etc and cannot change.

Derogatory language,jokes and cartoons about religion are ok : Faith is a choice you can change it. If your faith is strong you can ignore it only the weak are offended.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
I think it will make the cartoonists immortal. Because allot of people are curious why almost a whole editorial office has been killed for these cartoons .. but attacking it for the second time seems out of the question if you ask me.

This was the second time Charlie Hebdo was attacked.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliian
Agree except the last line. "Je Suis" means "I am" in french.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Sorry. I've been away for a while but I agree with your statement that 'people can understand how ridiculous the justification for killing has become' and will hopefully move on from such stupidness!!

It is rather childish IMO. Not the cartoon but the extreme views of a cartoon.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

That video was pretty powerful!!

I didn't know who to feel sorry for in the end.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheArrow

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

No, the extremists are looking at it as a win. They won't stop. Violence is the only way out of it. It's the only language that makes sense to them. Until people understand that, you'll have more of the same. Quit singing and grab a rifle.

Wrong.

Terrorism only wins if people feel terrorized.

Kill a bunch of people at Charlie for publishing some cartoons and they publish more the next week?

That's not a win.

What are they to do?

Stop making cartoons?

That's not a win either.

I think I would continue, otherwise you are conceding defeat and the extremists win.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

What they could do is employ a cartoonist who is 'Muslim' and have him/her draw the cartoons!

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Its satirical remember. My interpretation is they are showing mohammed saying i forgive you coz according to what most people say islam is about The extremists should have 'forgiven' the artists (not that they needed forgiveness) and not murdered them. So yeah its their prophet doing what they should have done. Its meant to shame. It wont work though.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure his head/turban together is intentionally shaped like an erect penis. Not sure what the implications of that may be, but important enough to note.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL

Yes EXACTLY! You do realize that "I AM" is the name of GOD in the Bible?

And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. -- Exodus 3:14

Then JESUS says,

I and my Father are one. -- John 10:30

So, all this is a play on words, their similarities, and only "JESUS" preaches "FORGIVENESS" etc...

That's JESUS shedding a tear in the pic.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM

Said Sam I am, who doesn't like green eggs and ham. And Jesus turned to Peter and said, "I am the bread of life, and without me there shall be no salivation", and Peter turned to Jesus and said "What? I wasn't listening"

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

ANONYMOUS #OpCharlieHebdo - YouTube

AnonOp Center
Published on Jan 10, 2015

Greetings World, we are Anonymous.

On Jan 7, 2015, freedom of speech suffered a large hit.

Terrorists breached into "Charlie Hebdo" newspaper's premises and shot several satirical cartoon artists, journalists and two policemen. Though the two suspects are now dead, Al Qaeda is now threatening further attacks in France.

Disgusted and also shocked, we can't fall down, as it is our responsibility to react.

First, we wish to express our condolences to the victims's families of this cowardly and despicable act. We are all affected by the death of Cabu, Charb, Tignous and Wolinski, and others, who were great artists that impressed, by their talents, all the history of the press and died courageously for its freedom.

It's obvious that some people don't want, in a free world, this sacrosanct right to express in any way one's opinions. Anonymous has always fought for the freedom of speech, and will never let this right be besmirched by obscurantism and mysticism. "Charlie Hebdo", historical figure of satirical journalism has been targeted.

Anonymous must remind every citizen that the press's freedom is fundamental to democracy. Opinions, speech, newspaper articles without threats nor pressure, all those things are rights you can't change.

Tackling the freedom of speech is a direct hit to democracy. Expect a massive reaction from us, because this is one of the many freedom that we have always been always fighting for.

We will be crippling all terrorist outlet websites, and terminating all terrorist social media accounts. We will dump all personal information on every terrorist that we come across.

We will not sleep until you are brought to your knees.

To Al-Qaeda, ISIS, and all other extremists;

Operation Charlie Hebdo ENGAGED.

We are Anonymous.

We are legion.

We do not forgive.

We do not forget.

Expect us.

edit on 13/1/2015 by thorfourwinds because: ttyyppoo

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: kngfc
Or not.

Look at this.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliian

originally posted by: TKDRL

Yes EXACTLY! You do realize that "I AM" is the name of GOD in the Bible?

And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. -- Exodus 3:14

Then JESUS says,

I and my Father are one. -- John 10:30

So, all this is a play on words, their similarities, and only "JESUS" preaches "FORGIVENESS" etc...

That's JESUS shedding a tear in the pic.

Lol. Only on ATS...

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

originally posted by: TheArrow

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

No, the extremists are looking at it as a win. They won't stop. Violence is the only way out of it. It's the only language that makes sense to them. Until people understand that, you'll have more of the same. Quit singing and grab a rifle.

Wrong.

Terrorism only wins if people feel terrorized.

Kill a bunch of people at Charlie for publishing some cartoons and they publish more the next week?

That's not a win.

What are they to do?

Stop making cartoons?

That's not a win either.

I think I would continue, otherwise you are conceding defeat and the extremists win.

I think you misunderstood the post.

Dude said the terrorists are looking at this as a win. I said that this isn't a win because the terrorism didn't stop anything. You seem to be questioning my response and saying that you would continue making cartoons because if you dont you are letting the terrorists win. That's what I said.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: thorfourwinds

I find it an interesting combination of shapes. Do you not see it in the subject picture?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join