It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mohammed Cartoon On next edition of Charlie Hebdo Cover

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: Jonjonj

ISIS are forgiven?

The Prophet is forgiven?

Or

The killers are forgiven?

Seems a bit early to be forgiving the killers IMO but if it helps people get over it then good.

Perhaps its wordplay. The prophet is crying, saying all is forgiven. Yet he carries the card saying I am Charlie. Crying for all?
From all points of view I see the cartoon as begging for a stop to the madness, hoping that above all those who abhorr the representation of Muhammed in picture form can understand how ridiculous the justification for killing has become. My interpretation.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Coincidentally, I just came across this just now. It may be off-topic just a tad but the answer for what you ask maybe found here. I'm not a religious man but, take notice. The power of forgiveness may go a little further than you think.

edit on 12-1-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
"All is forgiven"???....Riiiight.
I love that millions more of these cartoons are now circulating, due to this heinous and outrageous act of Muslim-Extremism.
I wonder if the terrorists thought of that.

Three million copies of Charlie Hebdo to feature Mohammed cartoons

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 12-1-2015 by IAMTAT because: link added

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

ALL is forgiven.

Reply to Flysolo:

We must also stand up for the freedom for people to have a right Not to make a cartoon. They have the right to not HAVE to make a cartoon just to prove they are against the killings. If I for some reason Feel like making a cartoon, I do retain that right as well. But for me personally, I won't make one simply as a political statement.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Caught on The Simpsons last night just for a second before the end.

Maggie has more balls than Obama.

Peace

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
Maggie has more balls than Obama.
Peace

Pretty sure there's more than a few threads about how Barack's 'wife' has more balls than him.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Anonymous - #OpCharlieHebdo (#NousSommesCharlie) - YouTube

Published on Jan 9, 2015
#OpCharlieHebdo
Message to the Enemy of the Freedom of Speech
Anonymous #francophone // #OpCharlieHebdo 01/07/2015

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
If you want to stir up the hornets nest, do something out there and not this stupid cartoon. Make a statement. I mean you know there's a chance some radical Muslim might shoot you over it. Go out with a bang. Be true to your convictions. Turning into a feel good moment is sick in and of itself.

Do not take this as me not caring if 17 people died. I do care and thought it was a travesty. I don't see why they need to keep it going. The statement the original caused already proved the point. Time to move on to bigger and better things like how are you going to weed out extremists from your country.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Good on em

Not much else to say except I feel this is the right thing to do, the world needs to show EVERYONE who would impose their beliefs on others that it isnt OK and that we wont stand for it regardless of the cost.

My current avatar is an expression of this sentiment, a kitty Mo Mo (PBUH) making the peace sign.
Hopefully if it it seen as common place the Extremeist morons will stop getting their panties in a twist over it and maybe learn to lighten up

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

No, the extremists are looking at it as a win. They won't stop. Violence is the only way out of it. It's the only language that makes sense to them. Until people understand that, you'll have more of the same. Quit singing and grab a rifle.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I don't agree with the decision as I think it is akin to pouring gasoline on a bonfire. An image showing a pencil standing victorious over a gunmen would have been more suitable. I don't see how anything good can come from redrawing Mohammed in a satirical context.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Not much else to say except I feel this is the right thing to do

Exactly what I'm talking about. All of you are cowards who say it's the right thing to do. Cowards, the whole lot of ya. Go outside with your cartoon. I double dog- no triple dog dare ya. Perhaps it is the right thing to do...or not, but don't sit behind your computer and say it but do nothing. Suicide by Muslim

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Exactly what I'm talking about. All of you are cowards who say it's the right thing to do. Cowards, the whole lot of ya. Go outside with your cartoon. I double dog- no triple dog dare ya. Perhaps it is the right thing to do...or not, but don't sit behind your computer and say it but do nothing. Suicide by Muslim

What would you suggest we do?
I feel Ive done as much as I can do by changing my avatar, Ihave Muslim friends and the ones Ive spoken too think the atrocity is disgusting and have no issue with their prophet being depicted, they feel uncomfortable when hes ridiculed but dont feel offended or get the urge to kill.
Where I currently am in the world there are no Muslims and if there are they are very low key, not a mosque in sight.

So what exactly is it all of us "cowards" should be doing to show our disgust Mr wise brave man?

Or did I miss some sarcasm or satire in your comment?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Extremists are to blame. You weed them out and either put them away or eradicate them. I have Muslim friends who don't try to cut my head off for believing in nothing. I'm not saying go after the religion. Go after the source. The extremists. It really is the only option. It's sad really because the west all had a hand in their creation. You're not talking you way out of the situation. What's left to say?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I posted this video on another post but thought it may help. It opened my eyes a little bit more. Extremists are the problem, not the religion. If any Muslims would care to critique this video, I would love to hear what you have to say. It would give insight.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I'm just tired of reading the same mantra from everyone here. yada yada right thing to do (yawn). Listen, I'm tearing up inside about this. Tearing as in rip. I really am. I'm seriously seriously debating about doing a very nice painting of the prophet and sit outside the art gallery with my work of art. Then, and only then, will I come back here and say it's the right thing to do. Everyone else? Cowards. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, just I call a spade a spade when I see one. It's easy to sit at home behind a computer and root the freedom of expression.

Charlie on the other hand, brave I say. Nards the size of basketballs. Good for them, I respect that.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

No, the extremists are looking at it as a win. They won't stop. Violence is the only way out of it. It's the only language that makes sense to them. Until people understand that, you'll have more of the same. Quit singing and grab a rifle.

Wrong.

Terrorism only wins if people feel terrorized.

Kill a bunch of people at Charlie for publishing some cartoons and they publish more the next week?

That's not a win.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join