It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Showing Massive Presence in Grand Central for Expected Protest

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I wouldnt call it that, I would call it a show of defiance, you and I both know that the connotation of this line being repeated is disingenuous......

This is what you said before the post you are talking about.
So not sure how you can you said it in response when it had not been said yet.

It was a protest, one that hijacked a funeral as it stole the spotlight of that day and put it on them.
It will be what that funeral is remembered for.

All over a squabble with the mayor over some words taken completely out of context.

They didn't like the protest of the people cause it was against them, going as far as saying it was the fault of the protesters and the mayor that a lunatic killed the fallen officers.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I wouldnt call it that, I would call it a show of defiance, you and I both know that the connotation of this line being repeated is disingenuous......

This is what you said before the post you are talking about.
So not sure how you can you said it in response when it had not been said yet.

It was a protest, one that hijacked a funeral as it stole the spotlight of that day and put it on them.
It will be what that funeral is remembered for.

All over a squabble with the mayor over some words taken completely out of context.

They didn't like the protest of the people cause it was against them, going as far as saying it was the fault of the protesters and the mayor that a lunatic killed the fallen officers.

I dont know how much more you can ask for then me going back and correcting and saying , indeed yes you could call it that by definition......

I swear to god this is getting more shallow and pedantic by the second.......

Look they didnt hijack any funeral, they were there paying their respects to their fellow fallen police officers.......

In their eyes, and im sure the families, the person that hijacked the funeral was the mayor that they all seemed to feel didnt support them.....

And again I stated, I agree with these protesters at the station, there needs to be reform.........

Now do the two of you mind, STOP hijacking the thread,and going off topic to try and browbeat something that was already addressed?
edit on 1/12/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
In the IMMORTAL words of Rodney King; Why can't we all just get along! Sorry, I couldn't resist.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
You guys can sure kill a thread with your pissing contests.....tata....

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Ya my first comment is hijacking it....

Glad to hear you are for reform.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I'm for reforming the ghetto.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Why are they not walking through the worst parts of town to protect the innocents that are killed each day? Some protest. Going to a SAFE place to lay down and protest a thug and a man who also broke the law in NY. His wife even admitted he did.

Take a die in to inner Chicago or Harlem...It is all a distraction to provoke an incident with the PD of everyone town these occur in.

Arrest them all and let them spend a night in Rikers....

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Because snitches get stitches.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

The ghetto doesn't serve the people and protect the people.
The ghetto is a result of a system we live in, reform the system and you get your wish.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I lived there. I know the REAL deal.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
ATTENTION

This thread is not about other threads, and it is not about each other. This is a thread about NYPD Showing Massive Presence in Grand Central for Expected Protest.

Please post on topic. And please bear in mind that on ATS we go after the ball, not the player

Any more off topic posts will be removed, and could result in a suspension of posting privileges.

Do not reply to this message, and lets get this thread back on the rails.
edit on 1/12/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I think the police and protesters both suck. I may be biased.
edit on 12-1-2015 by LOSTinAMERICA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

Agreed on thinking both suck. Nothing's going to change with the way things are going. They're just digging themselves into a deeper hole.

link   
+1 to the protesters

Here's hoping nobody gets shot.

link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

edit on 1/12/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: boohoo

Oh man!!

Talk about a spot on post good sir!!

In particular this right here-

"They’ve been totally co-opted, insulated from consequences and the citizens are picking up the tab. Its that simple, but no one understands this, nor are many willing to accept these facts. Also most importantly, that’s how Fascism works and in turn uses domestic police forces. This is the simplest answer that nearly everyone continues to ignore."

That ugly word everyone wishes to avoid FASCISM is the reality that we are now living in.

The #1 way we could roll back the LEO's is to end the drug war, as this has been the source of their funding since its inception!

I would give you many more stars if I could however this shall have to suffice, it is nice to meet your acquaintance on the good old ATS

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join