It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Sympathizers "Hack" U.S. CentCom Social Media Accounts - Claim to have hacked Pentagon

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Why is it I don't believe this?

1. There will be a call for increased Internet surveillance and control
2. Who does it really benefit?
3. ISIS is here because they were trained by CIA/etc. so of course "they" are here.

Possible alphabet agency of the highest order doing what they need to further push the closing of our society.

This + Charlie Hebdo = trying to add more reasons to lock down the USA.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Russia, China, the US and everyone else who gives a damn need to just turn ISIS into one giant glow-in-the-dark glass mushroom.

I am very scared of ISIS too but it seems recent efforts have contained them to Syria and Iraq area and further suppression modes are being carried out.

However, point of concern is that now AQ and ISIS have stopped functioning as a standing army located in one or few areas. They are now operating on the basis of training the Jihadists and then sending them to the chosen places to carry out terror missions. Most of these graduates go back to US, Canada, France, UK etc. and then carry out missions like we saw in Paris last week.

HOW TO STOP THAT? THESE ARE OPERATING AS LONE CELLS......SMILING ONE MOMENT AND FIRING THE OTHER!!

Just like "made" criminals in mafia type organizations, these Jihadists have also foresaken their families, material possessions etc. etc. Unlike Israel, imprisoning their families or breaking down their houses etc. won't work in efficient enough manner to overcome this problem.

Best would be to stop these students of Jihad from traveling overseas and becoming graduates of the terror schools.

Also, it would be a wise idea to modify freedom of expression policy a little so that "extremely sensitive" topics like religion etc. are not thrown in disrespectful context.

How come in a corporate setting you can get fired for commenting on some lady's mini skirt or tight top but can come out in public and shout abuses on other people's religions etc. Where is freedom of expression in corporate setting, where mere staring at a person can be termed as a harassment and threatening behavior.

Or is it that we are all suffering from the GeoPolitical ambitions of NeoCons, Bankers and Oligarchs?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: WCmutant
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Why is it I don't believe this?

1. There will be a call for increased Internet surveillance and control
2. Who does it really benefit?
3. ISIS is here because they were trained by CIA/etc. so of course "they" are here.

Possible alphabet agency of the highest order doing what they need to further push the closing of our society.

This + Charlie Hebdo = trying to add more reasons to lock down the USA.

Figured to share:

Wired reported, “The president cited the recent hacks at Target, Home Depot and Sony as primary reasons why Congress should pass the Personal Data Notification and Protection Act. The bill would help unify a multitude of state breach laws that currently exist. Lawmakers have tried for nearly a decade to pass a federal bill to replace the patchwork of state laws, but have repeatedly failed, in part because either the laws didn’t go far enough or went too far.”

So for ten years they’ve wanted to pass more federal laws to replace state laws, but they haven’t been able to — now the Sony hack (which looks like a psyop) and the oh-so-timely CENTCOM hack — and bam — more laws?

ActivistPost

Also,

Ken Westin, senior security analyst for Tripwire, said much of the data posted on the Twitter account were "posted publicly elsewhere, so the claims that the CyberCaliphate has compromised military and government devices may not be true."

"We view this as little more than a prank," said Army Col. Steve Warren, a Pentagon spokesman. "No (Pentagon) systems or computers were compromised."
USAToday

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I am late to the party, admittedly, but is this not a hack of a twitter account and not of Centcom itself?

All the documents I have seen posted are not even classified and did not come from this hack of a twiiter account.

Having a twitter account hacked is embarrassing, but hardly dangerous.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: BerenstEiner

ANON has already released a message stating they were also at war with this group #CyberCaliphate. I expect they'll be causing them much grief very soon.

~Tenth

It could very well be Anon doing this and pinning the blame on ISIS.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Can they hack nuclear warheads and lauch sites?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapophis

They hacked twitter. They didnt hack Centcom. Now, if TWITTER can launch nuclear missiles, that is a differnt - and terrifying - conversation.

Sleep well...

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
a reply to: Rapophis

They hacked twitter. They didnt hack Centcom. Now, if TWITTER can launch nuclear missiles, that is a differnt - and terrifying - conversation.

Sleep well...

Not directed at you...
But corporate has more funding.
Who needs to launch an actual nuclear missile...
When the the internet has more tarabytes for your bang?

Add on: the bomb is dead. Or at least can now be controlled thanks to the powers of the internet.
To much of our personal lives are presented there.. classified or not..

edit on 13-1-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
So if the Pentagon and other intelligence agencies have been hacked, why hasn't there been a hack on the Federal Reserve? That would be where I would hit. The money is where the mouth is. Noone can tell me that the pentagon has less of a defense in comparisson with the fed, It;s idotic to presume and yet that is what we are being told to believe. Keep prolonging and instigating an internal struggle America. We are falling faster than Rome. The entire democratic society will fall along with it until it is stopped. Who will be a leader against this unjustice?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
This wasn't blown out of proportion.. the reaction was entirely appropriate.

And up until the PR/Damage control started many saw the gravitas of the situation.

But now everyone's just repeating the same "nothing to see here move along" or just puffing their chests at the wind.

I find that to be rather disturbing, from a strategic standpoint. The fact remains that high ranking and retired Mill personnel lists are in the cold calculated hands of murderer's.. even if this turns out to be an "inside job" or prank..

Many of you failed to see the warning sign. Many of you put up your own sign instead.

Even if this is all just to crack down on our precious internetz.. a "false flag" to curtail our already lost freedoms.. it's a move on the board.. and things (as always) move forward regardless of how loudly you type, how much we protest. The wheels on the grinder are turning, this is phase one in someones wicked plan.. and i fear we'll all be too busy fighting our own paranoia's and sticking to our paradigms to see it coming.

I'm not saying "be afraid". I'm saying "be vigilant, be aware"
Because something big has been started today, and chest pounding, burring your head in the sand and habitually repeating exactly what your officials tell you.. is rather detrimental to our safety. As it creates a false sense of security when we all need to understand in 2015.. the worlds gone a bit cray cray. and there really are evil soulless a-holes that hate us for everything we are.
edit on 13-1-2015 by Xarian6 because: .

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: steamiron

Some of you guys....so dramatic. Who cares? So we went to war with Iraq under the pretext of their supposed WMDs, and now after a cyberhack which may or may not have come from NK, we're going to war with NK. Right. It's ridiculous.

Also ridiculous, these, I guess, "spooky evildoers" are using the likes of the interwebs to do whatever. You aren't "terrorists" at that point, you are NERDS.

Congrats. Going from being a spooky terrorist to a dork....both socially inept, imagine that.

At its face, its contradiction is comical.

It's the same way some people are with "Anonymous". They make it into a fantasy and in reality it's a bunch of, get this, teenagers! Anonymous is being educated, but not really, with your tax dollars, call your congress person on the double.
edit on 1/13/2015 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xarian6
I find that to be rather disturbing, from a strategic standpoint. The fact remains that high ranking and retired Mill personnel lists are in the cold calculated hands of murderer's.. even if this turns out to be an "inside job" or prank..

Why would they post it online but to cause fear? Barking dogs don't bite. The bit about being inside our computers almost made me laugh when I had a mental image of some kids dressed up as terrorists trying to physically fit in a computer haha.

If they were to do anything with such a list they could just email it amongst themselves, encrypted so intelligence services couldn't know about it. Then they could have individual cells going on a killing spree throughout the US. They wouldn't even have to be there when they would use timed explosive devices. Now that would have been worrying.
edit on 13-1-2015 by johnnyjoe1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

I actually don't think the terrorists care about having such a list. You'd have an easier time attacking anyone and you'd kill more, so why go through the extra hassle for less results?

See, it's not about thinking like a terrorist, but thinking like a human. :p
edit on 1/13/2015 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Xarian6

Shillin' ain't easy.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Na, more like cue Quantum data teleportation exponential funding research.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I'm concerned. I downloaded the pictures on the front page of this thread yesterday, and took some snapshots of twitter myself. At the time I could read almost everything on the 'scenerio' sheets pretty clearly. I transfered between two different devices and viewed them on both.

I showed them to a friend today and he asked me why they were so blurry. I assumed he was just referring to low resolution but NO. Everything that I snapshot and everything I copied from ATS is now obviously blurred out. I checked here and it's the same thing. What is going on...?

Can anyone confirm/explain?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FistOfFreedom

The 'shills" are the ones running damage control for their masters, keeping the grinder going at ALL COSTS.

I think your a bit confused.

If noticing a pattern and warning of the outcomes is shilling now... well then we all should just give up eh?
I deal in patterns leading to truth, hidden from humanity by THE SHILLS
Shills just deal in lies.

Good day to you, i have nothing more to say on the matter.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rapophis
Can they hack nuclear warheads and lauch sites?

No systems that control nuclear missiles are networked and the targeting data is encrypted. Those who operate the systems aren't those who built the systems, and only those who built the systems were able to create the targets. They're very secure, even if someone physically took over one of the launch facilities it's near impossible for them to be able to launch a missile from it.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
FBI Counter-Terrorism Expert: ISIS Likely Did NOT Hack Centcom … Anonymous Collective: Centcom Hackers Were In MARYLAND

Check it out folks.. What do you think?

edit on 14-1-2015 by TheBandit795 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Turq1
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

I actually don't think the terrorists care about having such a list. You'd have an easier time attacking anyone and you'd kill more, so why go through the extra hassle for less results?

The thing is, any real terrorist would know their enemy is the US government, not American citizens.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join