It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Sympathizers "Hack" U.S. CentCom Social Media Accounts - Claim to have hacked Pentagon

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
All they said was "American Military, we're coming for you. Watch your back".

1) Thanks for the intel idiots. I'm sure they will...especially now.

2) As opposed to before? When ISIS was not coming for them?

What was the point? Our military doesn't live on the Internet. If they want them...they know exactly where to find them. Seems like more of them are dying than the American Military...and by the droves. Isis knows how to do is behead innocent, citizens with no weapons, most of which are women and babies......Real tough guys. I've never seen one of them in a one on one fight with another man...always have to have 4-5 men per every one man, even against the citizens who are unarmed. Over here we call that a pansy or a sissy at best.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
We have been online since the get go with a 14.4 Baud modem no sound and we paid an extra $400.00 just to get one meg of ram :-)

My point is we have resisted the push to go online to pay our bills and do our banking as well. Let me tell you we got pushed and pushed to get on line and reveal all our details to a corporation Whom only cares about the profit margin not your personal information that might get leaked out via hack.

I can't understand for the life of me why people and corporations and yes Governments cannot see the risk of this stupid action?
This makes me think of an article years ago about how primitive the electrical systems were in the New Migs at that time, turns out they can't be hacked or affected by an IMP. Or hacked for that matter........keep it locked and clean their clock would be a good motto.
I have strong doubts this story will continue to play out as being told, time will tell and I will reply if I am mistaken.

If it turns out to be true then why didn't they keep their mouths shut and use the info to the best of their advantage? I don't believe in fairy tales of this sort. If they truly hate the USA then they would deal with the above information real quick and not advertise it.

S&F

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Am I missing something?

Because you can't have two Twitter names the same...

I typed in @CENTCOM...
It's still there and it has posts from days ago...

So it couldn't have been suspended!

Also every U.S Gov Department on Twitter is Verified...
@CENTCOM is not!

What makes people think this is even an authentic account?

What makes this Egg authentic?

I didn't read the whole thread, so if anyone has info fill me in please.

There's the possibility that the password was changed, the trash was cleaned up, and the account was released from the suspension. I saw this thread quite a bit earlier today, and the profile was up with the pics in the OP as the posts, then a few minutes later, a friend of mine was getting a message saying it was suspended.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder

If it turns out to be true then why didn't they keep their mouths shut and use the info to the best of their advantage?

Not that I enjoy saying this, as I hate to call these people Islamic...
But it is taught by the Prophet, that in Jihad, you are supposed to give your transgressors warning and time to prepare before an attack...

So I have to say, they're not cherry picking everything if this happens to be true...

Then again, I've yet to see Islamic State give warning before, they seem more prone to ambush.

I don't think it is true though, I have seen nothing to convince me that is an authentic Gov.Twitter account.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlysyn

Thanks deadly, I haven't had time to go through the thread, so I appreciate the feedback.

I'm still wondering if it's an authentic account, important branches all seem to be verified with a blue tick, except for CENTCOM...

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I really don't think it was ISIS "supporters" at all, unless that's what you want to refer to the CIA as. They have been trying everything under the sun to try to make the internet so scary that we will give up...yet again....more of our freedoms. They know that this is the last free speech zone that we really have and they (the government) want 100% control of it. We have all seen how hard they have been working to get it.

They have tried SOPA, PIPA, even an attempt to push more policy by somehow associating the freedom of the internet with protecting children from pedophiles (apparently assuming that the majority of the people that use the Internet are pedophiles..so much for the FBI just rounding up the 1% that really are); That didn't work so now they are attacking their own sites and corporations and blaming ISIS, Korea and whoever else will be next...I'm thinking Russia or China might be a popular next candidate, despite the fact that thousands of attempts are made world-wide that aren't spoken of.....a Twitter account by "supporters" of ISIS makes the news as if it's a big scary thing.

This is an Internet false flag, to scare people into believing the Internet needs to be controlled by the government. AGAIN!!!

Now I ask you, do we need the same government controlling our last bastion of free speech, and protecting us from themselves.....like they have been protecting us from themselves in the real word?? I think we better realize who is REALLY behind this stuff, because once we give the Internet over to the government....they have won it all. There will be no more freedom of speech ANYWHERE.
edit on 12-1-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

you mean last few decades. Right after JFK.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Have you applied for your internet access permit yet?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

well this brings to mind a quote from an ancient sumerian text:

The whole universe, the people well cared for,
To Enlil in one tongue gave speech.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
All your base are belong to Caliphate.....

In all seriousness though, I like how they state "in the name of Allah, the most Gracious the most Merciful" and then they threaten the children of soldiers.

I'm so damn tired of Allah this and that.

Russia, China, the US and everyone else who gives a damn need to just turn ISIS into one giant glow-in-the-dark glass mushroom.

That is, right after we make it perfectly legal and even paid-for for western Jihadis to join ISIS en masse.

But c'mon, it would look way cool!!

edit on 12-1-2015 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I find this totally ridiculous!

Considering the White House is hosting a global meeting on "extremists" while inviting "doctors and school teachers" this is nothing more than propaganda for tyranny to extract more rights from people.

What does having doctors (psychiatrists) and teachers have to do with "Islamic extremists"?

Not to mention the upcoming controls over the internet and "freedom of speech"?

Can they be any more obvious as to their intent?

The writing is on the wall! Read between the lines.......

Drudge Report has a link to Info Wars claiming Anonymous investigated the hack (or backtracked it) to Maryland and it might be in inside job. Now I don't believe this outright, but at this point, nothing would surprise me. Our military is known for using a good propaganda or two to sway things in their favor, so why not now?

Hack tracked to Maryland?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: bitsforbytes
a reply to: queenofswords

you mean last few decades. Right after JFK.

Are you referring to my first post of this thread? If so, the answer is NO.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Cue internet crackdown.

How convenient.

Agree 100%. This is such a ploy by the government to increase support for complete surveilence. The presumption that ISIS was behind this is almost ridiculous. Unless ISIS has infiltrated the government. Or if ISIS is some satanic spawn of the CIA. Either way, if the U.S. government proclaims that ISIS alone has hacked these networks, then they are admitting they are idiots and all those trillions of taxpayers money are wasted on blankets to shroud the public in darkness.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Two social accounts got hacked and data available to the public was posted online in an attempt to scare everyone actual sensitive information was leaked.
The only people making this scary are the people blowing it up to be something bigger than what it is. People want it to be linked to this and to that. There's far far bigger security concerns out there than twitter accounts getting hacked but because it was US Central Command's twitter it's a big deal.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: FlyersFan

Just because a password was set to USAR0CKS! or something just as weak doesn't mean anything.

Let's wait and see if they release anything really of value before we get worried.

Not trying to make light of this but if they do have access to stuff, perhaps they would consider doing something useful by finding and showing us the confiscated 9/11 Pentagon videos? There is so much disinfo and stuff going on that all any of us can do is wait for the next claim or incident to happen.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Secret docs from CENTCOM twitter account ? CENTCOM puts their secret documents in their twitter account ?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

If they have identities, addresses and other personal information the threats should be taken seriously.

Maybe this is more show than real... But maybe it is for real.

It isn't out of the realm of possibility for isis to have recruited some good hackers. Many hackers fit the profile criteria for their desired recruits.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Why am I not suprised ISIS types in all caps like an angry 12 year girl?
Great, they are in our PCs.... I just dismantled mine 3 times and didn't find any ISIS in there once.
How is anyone still buying this crap? Does this actually scare anyone?

Once you know their tactics they lose their "o #" factor. This is like bowser in a mario game evil script good lord.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Shout at me if you wish, but I can't help but think our government has been infiltrated over the last few years. Whether it was done intentionally or out of naivety, I'm not sure. Just Google "Muslim Appointees in High Security Positions" and you will be flabbergasted! BHO was the worst thing we ever did to our country, imo.

Islamic radicals have told us repeatedly that they are going to target military people and their families. Why do we continue to not take them seriously. Why do we continue to treat them like "junior varsity".

Like many of you, I think a cybersecurity regulation is being molded.

Because our governent has been infiltrated since day one. That's what our government structure and economic system naturally lead to, a group of people will always earn ludicrously disproportional money in capitalism, and a democracy will always require money in order to advertise candidates well enough. This is because they need to get people to think they support them, and this costs more than you could ever imagine. The ones with money use this to decide who get's in and once in, the new goverment officials know who their true constituants are. It's that simple, really. If you think that this massive, carefully crafted, expertly run system of explotation, one that is expanding into more and more nations with hungry eyes on them all, would allow these "muslim infiltrations" you don't yet understand how it all works. If by some miraculous means these infiltrators got to positions of power, what do you think they could do, exactly? Propose a bill that turns the US into the caliphate?
It isn't going to happen, folks. America has only seemed week internationally due to threat management and risk assessment, they need to factor in public opinion before just blowing whole countries away, because it is more of a threat to have massive civil unrest than to have Syria still on the map. That is smart system analytics, not caring about what your people think. Risk management, an algorithm goes into almost every military campaign to see whether the desired outcomes outweigh the potential negative consequences at home. If yes, do it. If not, pull back. So you see, if we are attacked by an actual organized inclvasion plan, they would be free to cleanse the world of these zealous fools in a matter of days, weeks at the absolute maximum
edit on 12-1-2015 by dr1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21
Secret docs from CENTCOM twitter account ? CENTCOM puts their secret documents in their twitter account ?

No, they are using the CENTCOM twitter feed to share soldiers home addresses and families names, ages etc.

I have a hard time seeing this as some false flag thing if those soldiers details are legitimate.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join