It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Sympathizers "Hack" U.S. CentCom Social Media Accounts - Claim to have hacked Pentagon

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Or the cost of Internet is going to skyrocket.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

well for at least one segment of the population, it has nothing to do with fear, and more to do with an agreement in spirit, regarding our places of residence. if these same people lived in your country, they by and large, would meld in and avoid upsetting your elected leaders or tyrants because of their personal world views. several groups of people, match that description, across several faith and non-faith borders. they are typically called sheeple but they're really just more interested in actually getting along with people where they live.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Uh-huh....

So they're choosing the internet as their target, huh?

I'm referring to our government btw, not ISIS.

GOVERNMENT PREPARES FOR CRACKDOWN ON INTERNET SPEECH AFTER PARIS ATTACK

^ Good old whats-his-face talked about censoring the internet shortly after the shooting in Paris, and then ISIS hacks twitter a few days later. Looks to me like whoever's pulling the strings wants to attack the internet. Just you wait, this is going to result in another "censoring" issue for our internet, regardless of the legiticamy of the shooting OR the hacking, which both--if you ask me--stink to high heaven.

edit on Xx12820231PM12 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Well it seems Cyber Caliphate has been a busy hacker...

A hacker going by the name Cyber Caliphate hijacked the Twitter feed of the Albuquerque Journal earlier today, posting documents the individual claimed to have stolen off of the newspaper's database. Cyber Caliphate also commandeered the Twitter feed of a television station in Salisbury, Maryland, posting additional documents that the hacker claimed to have taken documents from an FBI server.

It is unknown at the moment whether Cyber Caliphate has any actual connection to ISIS. It's also possible that the hacker is claiming an ISIS affiliation in order to distract from his actual identity and motives.

www.businessinsider.com...

So this may just be an ISIS wannabe IMO. I guess we will have to wait and see.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
my guess would be that the same something that is being pushed out of the western system and on its way out is sabotaging networks and saying its a group which can barely hold its place in Iraq. or further revealing the nature of ISIS as being something, partly at least, that's always been embedded in the American system but is quickly losing its place...

...this is not going to be a very good 10 days for ISIS...they'll be running from the COPS by next Monday.

the whole things stinks of desperation.

CentCom brings David Petraeus to mind...he's in some trouble right...something about sharing classified info with Paula Broadwell...a Tampa resident, the city where CentCom is headquartered? Wasn't Petreaus in Iraq supposedly fighting and defeating this very same group which magically reappeard?

The future is dim for that couple.
edit on 12-1-2015 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I think this person is a made up boogey man, have to be afraid to go outside, tour the world, be stopped by cops, get online etc. It's all just to convenient IMO
edit on 12-1-2015 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

If you're really as computer savvy as you imply in your warnings to other posters here, you'd know that "turning off the internet" is effectively impossible at this point, right?

Absolutely.

But what we will see is what has been happening here on ATS, and elsewhere. With fairly simple DDOS attacks.

The internet will get crippled from cyberwars at best, and when things heat up undetectable trojans will be another way each side plays.

The blade will but both ways in cyberwars, just like it does in real life. Hoping this isn't the case, but everything that is stored on the internet, including people's IRA's, and 401k's, stocks and everything that is digital is a target.

Back everything up with hard copy's for people that have any assets, or money in the bank, because causing turmoils is just a mouse click away these days.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
drama is good for tv, but not in every day life.
we should not all live "in interesting times," as they say, as that is actually not good for people, mentally, emotionally, physically or spiritually. not saying life should be boring as hell, just that the level of drama necessary to pull off some of the things you see going on nowadays, is really counterproductive to each and every person impacted by it.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Watch crackdown legislation be piggybacked onto Net Neutrality.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
and so the ongoing psy-op continues.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Kram09

The end result of all of this will be the end of the internet as we know it today. It will be monitored completely. People may think this would never happen because we (apparently) live in a free society which values openness and free speech.

The media is mostly controlled and the internet surely is vexing to those who control. They practiced shutting phones off.

Standard Operating Procedure 303 codifies “a shutdown and restoration process for use by commercial and private wireless networks during national crises.”

epic.org...

We may already have secret internet kill switch in place it was proposed long ago.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Whoever it was they get the title of biggest internet troll in history...

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: citizenx1

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

There are apparently secret personnel documents being posted via the Twitter account.

apparently ISIS is BSing a little..

They hacked Twitter and Youtube...not really a big deal, but as far as the secret docs..

However, it also looks like the documents that are being tweeted and posted online were already on Pentagon sites and elsewhere on the internet before the purported hack. Most of the documents in the downloads date back to 2005. The most recent is from 2008.

gizmodo.com...

2005 and 2008 eh?

So how come they include the likes of:

Memo - Resetting the PPBES Process - 12 Jun 14.pdf

Doesn't look so old to me.

I am not going to do your work for you.

If you have the full doc, google for specifics to find it publicly posted..

I did google "PPBES Process" and found a ton of gov links and pdfs on the topic, so not sure how "secret" that must be?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The message was a typo, I think...i corrected a few words and some punctuation...

TWITTER ACCOUNT for U.S. Central Command has been hacked by ISIS enemies, and is carrying messages warning the Islamic State — including one message that reads:

'AMERICAN SOLDIERS ARE COMING, WATCH YOUR BACK ISIS.'

and why is he named David...he seems more like a George to me.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Supposedly this will turn out to be another Military Information Support Operation to allow the veto of global internet privacy. Personally I no longer consent to trust the events as they are presented by global media. Dirty tricks on a global scale by all the mighty authorities has all but extinguished a future of peace and contentment for the rest of us. Because of the faultiness of governments that have led noble ideals towards to sickening ruination, the ordinary people are scared and confused. Who or what to trust amongst filtered lies has become the daily grind.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I don't believe it. This isn't ISIS directly IMO.

I assume it's some other group, trying to pin this on ISIS, or ISIS hired them.

Probably the same as the ones who are responsible for Sony hacks. Considering the outcry that created, you can bet that any organization that wanted to hire a bunch of hackers would have considered that a success.

Good point about ANON though.

~Tenth

I tend to agree. I was reading somewhere that ISIS doesn't really ever refer to themselves as ISIS. The speculation was that this was a stateside sympathizer.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
if the names and addresses of american military personnel, active duty and retired, as well as their families names and emails, have been released into the wild, without their permission, then this is not a mundane event, regardless of whether it was readily available via a foia or whatever.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
a reply to: Kram09

The end result of all of this will be the end of the internet as we know it today. It will be monitored completely. People may think this would never happen because we (apparently) live in a free society which values openness and free speech.

The media is mostly controlled and the internet surely is vexing to those who control. They practiced shutting phones off.

Standard Operating Procedure 303 codifies “a shutdown and restoration process for use by commercial and private wireless networks during national crises.”

epic.org...

We may already have secret internet kill switch in place it was proposed long ago.

It is already in place....it's called Standard Operating Procedure 303 and has had numerous FOIA requests denied by HSA and the courts. Fight is still continuing to have the documentation on it release without redaction....there was one released with almost ALL files completely redacted.

Guess they could also knock out Akamai and take a huge chunk of the internet down worldwide....the re-routing alone would keep it down for a while and would likely cause issues on every site in the world. Akamai is one of those places you never really hear of, but would hate for them to be hit.

ETA: Just realized you posted the link to the EPIC FOIA battle....SOP 303 is internet wide shutdown.....papers reference all commercial and private wireless networks and the blanket underneath that is not being released is all networks....complete kill switch.
edit on 1/12/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/12/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

The "CyberCaliphate" ? hahahahha

Can't wait to read this one...

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I think this person is a made up boogey man,

Very well could be, but it seems to me to be a group much like Anonymous but not as good.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join