It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AirAsia QZ8501 black box found, say Indonesia authorities

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

SURABAYA: Indonesia's Directorate General of Marine Transport has confirmed that the black box of AirAsia QZ8501 has been found, Indonesian authorities said in a press release on Sunday (Jan 11). The breakthrough comes exactly two weeks after the flight from Surabaya to Singapore went down with 162 people on board.

In the release, Navigation Director of the Transport Ministry Tonny Budiono said navy divers from Indonesia navy ship KN Jadayat found the black box at a depth of 30 to 32 meters. Mr Budiono later told MetroTV that Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore officers were on board the KN Jadayat.

AirAsia QZ8501 black box found, say Indonesia authorities

Can't wait to find out what happened to that plane... At this point, it's the best possible news for the families and search parties. This will give some much needed answers to a lot of grieving people.

It's only located for now, they will retrieve it on Monday.
edit on 11-1-2015 by MrMaybeNot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MrMaybeNot

My theory that I'm sticking with is pitot tube icing caused bad data to the computer leading the crew to make a mistake and they stalled.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

My theory that I'm sticking with is pitot tube icing caused bad data to the computer leading the crew to make a mistake and they stalled.

Another rerun of the AF Incident. Watched a docu about AF and a expert said the best thing they could have done was to "Do Nothing"...I didn't quite understand what he was trying to say. Didn't the Auto Pilot disengage on that flight.?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Yes but the aircraft was trimmed to stay fairly level. If they did nothing it would have stayed in that attitude. Instead he panicked and pulled up.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Some of the interested aviation sites have said the same, and that there was a, 'incredibly steep' climb according to radar data.

edit on 11-1-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

If the whole system froze they'd lose attitude indications as well. Being in clouds vertigo is a very real possibility.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Essentially, yes. Pilots are trained to fly with pitch and power if they lose the airspeed indicator. All airliners have a series of charts in the cockpit that give pitch and power settings to fly with that will result in a certain airspeed given the airplanes weight and altitude.

The problem is when the whole system freezes over and the crew loses everything. The final crash report pointed to the climb as an indication that the pilots had lost the altimeter too.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

This is probably the most likely scenario.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
why do they call them black boxes they are bright orange and not in anyway shaped like a box

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: haven123

It's not known for sure, but there are a couple common thoughts:

1. The original black boxes were actually black. It wasn't until the 60s when they were required to be bright orange.

2. A "black box" is an engineering concept where the box itself isn't important, but the inputs and corresponding outputs are the important things of interest.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: haven123
why do they call them black boxes they are bright orange and not in anyway shaped like a box

Carry-over from top-secret technical instruments on WWII bombers (Gun sights) that no one was supposed to know the function of. "Black" became just a euphemism for "classified".

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I am dubious as to how this info on the BBs will be portrayed this time round,given the cover up.As Crashes like this will happen again (I'm sorry to say) and increase in frequency (as predicted many years ago)

I support the 'theory' that this incident and all the major plane crashes of late (not forgetting light craft) have be downed by EMP from Planet X.

This link will explain the basics of this phenomena,except in the link this is referring to the Sun as the cause.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

The Earth's magnetic field has also been showing exceptional abnormalities this past week in the form of an eddy build up of particles,although this magnetic influence has been sporadically present over the recent years,it is NOW taking a very alarming turn and instead of sporadic 'pulses/fluxes' it will most likely be a continuous bombardment.

Here is the blog that has followed the magnetic field data:
poleshift.ning.com...

This blog was added,given the surge and uptick in these abnormalities during the past week:
poleshift.ning.com...

Another blog entry specifically relating to the plane incident in question:
poleshift.ning.com...

This blog entry details the many other crashes in general and also the other factoids that need to be taken into account (not just EMP)
poleshift.ning.com...

edit on 11-1-2015 by EndOfDays77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndOfDays77
I support the 'theory' that this incident and all the major plane crashes of late (not forgetting light craft) have be downed by EMP from Planet X.

If only the real world was that exciting...

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Considering 100s of people generally lose the life's when a plane goes down these days the tail said boxes tell is black by its very nature.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
A quick shot comment like that tells me you haven't read the links and analysed the data! What is it like to wallow in ignorance? The data speaks for itself...back to sleep you go..sshh sshh..a reply to: MrMaybeNot

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Considering 100s of people generally lose the life's when a plane goes down these days the tail said boxes tell is black by its very nature.

i still prefer flight data recorder. a black box is something i i caught something off.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

Let me get this straight. A massive EMP blast that's powerful enough to affect things everywhere on Earth from somewhere way out in outer space comes in and causes the crash of one singular aircraft, which was within the vicinity of quite a few other aircraft that were relatively just a few miles away? And those other planes carried on just fine, even though an EMP came in and wrecked that whole area?

Ok.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

And when the number of crashes doesn't increase and Planet X stays gone, then what's the new theory going to be.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Were there miltiple black boxes on the plane?

Is it true that usually one box is in the front of the plane and one in the tail section?

Any word on why the rear box was not found in the intact tail section that was located the other day?

If there was a box in the tail section then should it be found reasonably close to the rest of the tail even if it came loose from the tail?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

There are two black boxes- a Flight Data Recorder and a Cockpit Voice Recorder.

Both are located in the tail.

Reports say that they are close by from where the tail wreckage was found, which is to be expected.

edit on 11-1-2015 by justwanttofly because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join