It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AirAsia QZ8501 black box found, say Indonesia authorities

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

There are microphones for the CVR in the front but both recorders are in the aft fuselage. In crashes where they are trying not to crash, the aft fuselage has the best chance of coming through. So they were put there to increase survivability.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: MrMaybeNot

My theory that I'm sticking with is pitot tube icing caused bad data to the computer leading the crew to make a mistake and they stalled.

That would explain why the plane broke up. It either goes into a nose dive or the pilots try and dive their way out of a stall, but can't gain airspeed due to the downdraft in the storm.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I was on a light plane once carrying 8-10 passengers that went through a storm. We dropped 10,000 ft due to the storm. It was like being in an elevator and the aircraft was flat as it fell. We gained around 8000 ft when the reverse happened.

When we landed, the first thing the pilot did was cancel the return trip insisting that the aircraft be checked first. He was concerned for the structure of the wings.

It was dramatic. If something like that happened, it would account for the sudden increase in altitude and if the wings were too stressed and broke up then the plane would fall out of the sky.

P

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

If that happened to me, I would never be able to board a plane again.
edit on 11-1-2015 by MrMaybeNot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I have spoken before about how a simple spirit level could sort out a few problems with Vertigo if everything freezes over, here's another...

If you are having vertigo problems a simple Malteser placed on the floor of the cockpit is a good indication of which way the plane is pointing...Malteser rolls backwards, You're pitching up. Malteser rolls forwards, you're nose down..Malteser rolls left, rolls right...i'm sure we can work it out from there.

Keep the Malteser steady in the same spot and there's a very good chance you will make it.
edit on 11-1-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
pilot error is the cause of this , you need 100 miles airtime to get in the cockpit, the far east is very lax on who they let fly.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: haven123

Uhm, no they aren't that lax. They still fall under ICAO and if they want to fly into other countries have to meet minimum standards. And it's measured in hours, not miles.

Yes pilot error played a role but it was a contributing factor not the sole cause.
edit on 1/11/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
"Local fishermen heard an explosion and saw smoke".

www.reuters.com...

Smoke?

I expect we'll hear about as much from QZ8501's Flight data recorder and CVR as we have from MH's 17 and 370.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

Yes, they explode and burn when hitting water too.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Yes, they explode and burn when hitting water too.

Not the one that I witnessed.

The report has caused Indonesian investigators to suggest it blew up in mid-air.

edit on -06:0001151242015-01-12T10:24:01-06:00 by Psynic because: add

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

One crash doesn't prove anything. TWA800 burned over a huge area for something like 12 hours. Several others that hit the water burned for a long time as well.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

One crash doesn't prove anything. TWA800 burned over a huge area for something like 12 hours. Several others that hit the water burned for a long time as well.

TWA800 blew up in mid-air, which is exactly the point I was making.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

And several of them that I know of didn't, and still burned after hitting water. Hitting the water is almost the same as hitting land, and most of the time the aircraft will explode and the fuel will burn.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

And several of them that I know of didn't, and still burned after hitting water. Hitting the water is almost the same as hitting land, and most of the time the aircraft will explode and the fuel will burn.

According to one of the ACTUAL investigators of THIS crash, there is evidence to indicate QZ8501 might have blown up BEFORE hitting the water.

The blackbox will confirm or deny this hypothesis, which, if MH17 is any indicator, means we shouldn't expect to find out anything this year.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

It may have if it was exceeding the flight envelope. But one of the ACTUAL investigators of THIS accident also said early on that they landed intact on the water.

All investigations take years to complete, barring something glaringly obvious from the start. Why should MH17 or this one be any different.
edit on 1/12/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

But one of the ACTUAL investigators of THIS accident also said early on that they landed intact on the water.

Please provide a link to that chestnut.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

So called experts and transportation ministry officials claimed it may have landed, while the head of the AF447 team thinks it was intact and horizontal which appears to be upheld by the debris field and wreckage.

www.foxnews.com...

m.huffpost.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

So called experts and transportation ministry officials claimed it may have landed, while the head of the AF447 team thinks it was intact and horizontal which appears to be upheld by the debris field and wreckage.

www.foxnews.com...

m.huffpost.com...

Uhrm, you do realize, "Some experts believe" including one "Dudi Sudibyo of Angkasa magazine" is not an ACTUAL investigator, don't you?

Please stop wasting my time with your dudi.

Mid-air explosion is on the table, officially.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Then maybe you can explain, with your amazing knowledge of accident investigations why the bodies and debris don't support that.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Then maybe you can explain, with your amazing knowledge of accident investigations why the bodies and debris don't support that.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not an official accident investigator on this case, either.

You need to put your question to the authority quoted in the Reuters article I posted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join