It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we quit the BS? Stop defending extremist action

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
You can take Islam out of the equation entirely and there would undoubtedly be some other manufactured "threat" manipulating us down the same path to global despotism.

It most assuredly isn't manufactured as evidenced by the fact that the majority of the crimes they commit they do against their own people, not us.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5

originally posted by: crappiekat
Didn't Christianity go through it's growing and learning years?

Why does Christianity always have to come up as some excuse to condone these radicals actions?
For starters, Christianity didn't all do this crap people claim it did, only Roman Catholicism.

Nope you are DEAD WRONG....other supposedly Christian orgs have dome similar stuff to people.....
The protestant "indian Schools" for one.....just as bad as the RCs
Religion doesn't have to be any particular denomination in order to produce great evils....

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The civil war in Syria and the ongoing war in Libya has left thousands of refugees homeless. France is the host country that has taken in thousands from war torn Syria. I don't think it's' necessary to say why their there or who created the problem. I'm sure if the war never happened, they'd still be in Syria, not France.

We are on the brink of a major global displacement, most individuals are fleeing their countries because of war and conflict. Perhaps if the wars ceased, people could go home to their countries, and I'm sure they'd rather be there.

On a different note, l don't totally buy into the media's interpretation of the event. Not saying it didn't happen, it was just a little convenient for some who want to continue with their aggression and wars. And what a better way to do it than create hysteria and islamophobia.

IMO this will be used to its fullest. France will invade Libya, ground forces will enter Syria and Palestines hope for peace and security will be brushed aside to fight the Muslim world again.

Pretty pathetic really.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling

Nope you are DEAD WRONG....other supposedly Christian orgs have dome similar stuff to people.....

Do tell...
This has come up here time and again, and there is little evidence to support these supposed "atrocities" of anyone outside old roman Catholicism.

originally posted by: stirling
The protestant "indian Schools" for one.....just as bad as the RCs

...And they supposedly did what?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: TheArrow

originally posted by: Domo1
Of course other religions have bad apples. Christians don't have entire countries devoted to the Bible, and even if you call a certain country Christian, they aren't going to stone you to death for getting raped.

You're kidding right?

en.wikipedia.org...

No. They are going to sweep it under the rug if you get raped.

Your comparing Vatican city with Saudi Arabia? Syria? Iran? Nice stretch

No, I'm not comparing Saudi Arabia, Syria, and Iran to Vatican City. I am merely pointing out that there is a very significant Christian state devoted to the Bible that commits some pretty dastardly deeds.

You want to compare them, that's on you.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

Oh Jeez,

I was never interested in history, and that is why I don't debate in these threads. Because I have never read all the books I should have. So I don't know all the history like some of you are so informed about. (I sometimes feel ashamed I didn't study as I should have) It's times like this that I feel foolish about that.

So take what I say with a grain of salt.

We as a human species, grow and learn at different times in our history.

It depends on who is telling the stories and how honest they are.

It kinda reminds me of that game we play as children. "Telephone"

Stories change thru time,

And when we start to change the original story and pass it along, humans change things to fit their own agenda's.

LOL!! Look what the heck we have done with "Sinter Claus"

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

Oh Yes I agree. They are very late in getting with the program.

I guess I would say. They are truely a stubborn society. Or Is it pride, or what?

I believe all our problems are about "Fear"

I think this has been how our species has been able to survive as long as we have. "FEAR"

edit on 11-1-2015 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

It most assuredly isn't manufactured as evidenced by the fact that the majority of the crimes they commit they do against their own people, not us.

Interesting take.

Where'd they get all the guns and shiny new Toyotas with which to commit said crimes against their own people?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Why cant we be the intelligent People in this crowd?

We know that these People dont like that we make fun of their God. So why is it so damn important to us to haras them about it?

- Why is it so important for us to provoke their intolerance for this?

- We claim Our righ to make them angry by harasment. We wont allow them to reakt accordingly, but to be restrained. They have warned us many times in advance about what would happen if we dont respect their God and religion. Its not like we werent warned.

Are we really this stupid. Why cant we begin to learn from Our mistakes rather than making a even bigger mess and get even more People killed.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

If you give me a shiny knife, it doesn't excuse killing my wife.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Where'd they get all the guns and shiny new Toyotas with which to commit said crimes against their own people?

Well as their primary weapon of choice is the AK-47, I'd venture a guess that they came from the Soviets.
As for Toyotas? Hm... Japan maybe?
edit on 1/11/2015 by defcon5 because: new tags are driving me nuts

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

- We claim Our righ to make them angry by harasment. We wont allow them to reakt accordingly, but to be restrained.

You think murdering people for drawing some cartoons that are insulting is reacting accordingly?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

If you give me a shiny knife, it doesn't excuse killing my wife.

But if I already know what you're going to do with it beforehand, I probably shouldn't give it to you.

Unless I have my own motives for your wife's unfortunate hypothetical fate.

See my... point?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

See my... point?

Was that intentional?

And yes, you made a good point.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
You've yet to explain how the US is giving the radicals all these weapons.
If they were driving Humvees, and carrying M-16's, then I'd have to submit that you might have a point. ATM, they mainly use old soviet equipment.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

- We claim Our righ to make them angry by harasment. We wont allow them to reakt accordingly, but to be restrained.

You think murdering people for drawing some cartoons that are insulting is reacting accordingly?

No, but we have been warned many times about this. Its not like they didnt warn us.

These People take their religion and God seriously. So seriously that they will go to these steps to show us. Why cant we learn anything from it?

Why cant we think before we act? It might help. They have the right to their belief and their God. Why cant we respect it ranther than harasing them about it?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

You've yet to explain how the US is giving the radicals all these weapons.
If they were driving Humvees, and carrying M-16's, then I'd have to submit that you might have a point. ATM, they mainly use old soviet equipment.

Among others, to be brief...

US Weapons Drop Lands In Islamic State Hands

Oops? Right.

Remember all those pictures of bin Laden and his goons training with AKs? The Soviets didn't give them those. The CIA did. With that whole proxy war thing going on, they kinda had to. Can't have the Soviets finding dead Afghanis with M16s, right?

Oops.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Those are very small number of weapons that came from the CIA involvement in the Afghanistan war, and far more were taken from soviet soldiers. AK47's are manufactured in Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Pakistan to name a few places. So the majority of those weapons come from their own factories in their own countries, or those of the neighboring allies.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Why cant we think before we act? It might help. They have the right to their belief and their God. Why cant we respect it ranther than harasing them about it?

Because in a free society we shouldn't have to worry about this type of reprisal for poking fun at any group. I don't care if it was Muslims, Christians, or the government.

Yes, words and depictions might offend someone, but they also might reach someone. If you start limiting speech because you're afraid to offend, you can no longer speak.

I am so sad that anyone would for a second think that people should have to censor themselves so that they don't get murdered.

Cartoons and nonsense are justification for murder? How could you ever agree with that? I could see someone saying they were being jerks, but jerks shouldn't be murdered. Yelled at, protested, sure. This was a disgusting display, and any apology, regardless of how slight, is also a disgusting display.

Remember this thread isn't about one incident, it's about the the disturbing amount of incidents coming from Muslim countries, Western countries, and the absurdity of thinking there isn't a problem with Islam.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
These extremists are not doing gods work. They terrorists should not be used to judge the good people who practice Islam. Every society has some radicals in it that like to kill others.

I agree, there is no justification for what these terrorists are doing. That does not seem to be the way Allah taught his people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join