It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we quit the BS? Stop defending extremist action

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

But when harassment does kill people we should be smart enough to let it go.

Yeah man, just "let it go".

Apologists, sympathizers, those who attempt to rationalize and/or justify.....they're everywhere.
But thanks for letting me read those words and reminding me why I will never take a word you say here seriously.

Your posts throughout this thread are

making excuses for murderers!
And stop pretending we should placate them just so "they won't attack".......it's sickening!

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

There is no shame among the willfully ignorant.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5
The problem is that if you remain in a group that does this stuff, you are quietly expressing your support for them.

So by your logic, Catholics support pedophilia if they dont convert due to some priests? Firearms enthusiasts should throw them away because of some school shooters?

a reply to: Bluesma
I think that's about the most insightful assessment I've ever read on ATS!

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26

But when harassment does kill people we should be smart enough to let it go.

Yeah man, just "let it go".

Apologists, sympathizers, those who attempt to rationalize and/or justify.....they're everywhere.
But thanks for letting me read those words and reminding me why I will never take a word you say here seriously.

Your posts throughout this thread are

making excuses for murderers!
And stop pretending we should placate them just so "they won't attack".......it's sickening!

I dont need your respect. You mean nothing to me. You never have and never will.

If your attitude is the common attitude of the People. I see that we will have som exiting years With many more Deaths like the once we just had a head of us.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

There are few religions that can honestly claim that their hands are clean; Islamism, Catholicism, Christianity-they all have blood on their hands.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

this reply is likely buried pages after your thoughtful comments.

but i appreciate your thoughtful comments.

not excusing anything here but your analysis is ON TARGET

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Yeah, so let's appease and placate terrorists so that we can be "safe" and "secure" and live in a world of harmony :/

Are you serious?

Apologists like you are the problem! You give an inch, they take a mile. You give a mile, they will find a reason to need 10 miles.

You do NOT bow down to threats....it shows extreme weakness and is an invite to subjugate you (but I doubt you even understand that...so)

.........I'm done engaging you.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

.........I'm done engaging you.

Thank you. You have the moral Insight of a 20 year old. I am tired of your kind.

Now, go and argue With someone who agrees With you.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Have you heard that Islam is a peaceful religion because most Muslims live peacefully and that only a "tiny minority of extremists" practice violence? That's like saying that White supremacy must be perfectly fine since only a tiny minority of racists ever hurt anyone. Neither does it explain why religious violence is largely endemic to Islam, despite the tremendous persecution of religious minorities in Muslim countries.

THIS ^.

Basically Christians use to do it.

Muslims ARE STILL doing it ON A GLOBAL SCALE.

The sins of Christianity, can't even be compared.

Finally calling it like it is.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Are you not obviously Muslim? Walk down any street in a predominately Muslim country and get beheaded.

As a Jew that's been to Iran, Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Jordan, let me tell you...

You're full of #.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

We need a nuclear war. That'll fix everything! Uh, wait, what did I just say?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Thank you for your unique insightful post.

It gave me some things to consider as someone not familiar with the local societal issues.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
We know that these People dont like that we make fun of their God. So why is it so damn important to us to haras them about it?

- Why is it so important for us to provoke their intolerance for this?

- We claim Our righ to make them angry by harasment. We wont allow them to reakt accordingly, but to be restrained. They have warned us many times in advance about what would happen if we dont respect their God and religion. Its not like we werent warned.

A serious question to all.

Seeing as most of the cartoons are in French I am a little ignorant on the subject.

It was my understanding that the cartoons were NOT aimed at all Muslims, but more so directed at the extremists.

As I understand their cartoons were satire against the extremists using Mohamed to get their point across.

To point out the absurdity of the extremist beliefs.

IF this is the case why are the 'moderate Muslims' offended?

Am I way off thinking this way?
edit on 1 11 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I hear your story and while it's probably bang on, my problem is this;

We have Asian refugees here in Australia - for example Vietnamese people fled persecution after the war ended there.

They couldn't speak English, they had crap jobs and they also had children. You still sometimes meet them with the little kid who speaks english and does all the translating for them.

What becomes of them? Well their kids are bright, they are grateful for the country they call home and most importantly, they are 100% integrated. When I see an Asian person with an Aussie accent, I don't think of them as Asian. Nope, they are 100% Aussie, more Australian than I am even, due to the fact I too am an immigrant from NZ..

I meet Muslim people in the same scenario and they are all too happy to play the victim. Crying 'we are marginalised' 'we are persecuted' ''We need better rights and protectrions'

Sorry Muslims, if people from other non Muslim countries can 100% integrate within a single generation, then you need to grow up and do the same.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I agree.

No one should defend extremist action.

Who is doing?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya
The difference is that those actions are not supported by the religion itself, they are literally a small group of bad people in the religion. However, in Islam, their actions are actually supported by their scriptures, doctrine, and teaching.

Besides I'm a protestant, so I did leave their religion, just before any of that happened.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Who is doing?

Take a look around, buddy.

There are as many apologists and sympathizers and those providing "excuses", often all the while talking out both sides of their mouth "claiming" not to be doing such as there are people in the streets in France today (poor analogy, but you get the drift).....

Keep reading, you'll see.

Or just browse around some news sites and read the comments sections. Especially at places like "The Guardian" and "RT" and too many others to list.

They're everywhere and many keep refusing by ignoring it or pretending they aren't seeing it. "Hear no evil" and all that, for many I suppose.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheArrow

As a Jew that's been to Iran, Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Jordan, let me tell you...

You're full of #.

I actually agree with you. That was an unnecessary comment full of hyperbole.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

As a counterpoint to your OP, many Muslims move to western nations and would like those nations to make laws that embrace their values. They're not particularly looking for the extremist interpretations but they still want things like certain adaptations of Sharia Law. This isn't a Muslim only behavior, how many Christian groups in the US want laws based on the Bible despite the fact that we don't have any national religion?

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

That's an excellent point. Starred.

What I am having an issue with is that people seem to be claiming the number of Muslims that agree with murder isn't alarming. If you follow the link in the OP you get a list of opinion polls, and the numbers disturb me. I don't think it's just 1% anymore, I think the percent that actually agree with extremists is much higher than most people are willing to admit. Keep in mind how disturbing those stats are among Muslims already living in Western countries.

As I've said, I can't begin to guess at the actual numbers. I'm very aware that not all Muslims are going to endorse extremism, but I worry the number that do behind closed doors is too high, and I think that far too many people that don't identify as Muslim are sweeping this under the rug because they think even bringing it up is somehow racist or bigoted.

In no way am I saying all Muslims are bad, I don't believe that for a second. I'm cautioning there are are more that share extremist ideals than what most people seem to think, and that is a problem.

My issue is that people think only the people that carry out terror attacks hold those ideals, when that is clearly not true. So if you have people that quietly agree a group of people should be killed for a cartoon depiction, how many of those would be easy to radicalize?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join