It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the human race is gone which animal do you think will evolve into the next intelligent species?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pragression
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Who says you ahve to have hands? perhaps they evolve to find another way? Also isnt the rest kind of subjective? our idea of what an empire should look like and "intelligence" is completely subjective

I suspected you wouldn't understand it.

If you don't have hands which you can move freely you have no encouraging factor for the development of an intelligent being that can influence it surroundings like us humans, at least thats what the op is comparing to I thought. It is just logical evolution.

You can say a dolphin is intelligent which is true but can it do anything with its intelligence besides jump through a hoop and stuff

you suspected I wouldnt understand it?

Well thank you for the insult, you presume to much of your own intellect me thinks, by the way its spelled Progression not pragression...now that were done hurling insults

Also, I suspect dolphins might think the same of our ineptitude in their world as well.....

Again, our perceived benchmarks for what could be considered intelligent is subjective.....and whose to say over the course of evolution , being they are one of the smartest species on the planet, hands or no, they wouldnt end up being the dominant life form..
edit on 1/10/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

None, there will not be anything left. Cockroaches have to eat. The food chain will be messed up and nature will take it's course. I'm so pessimistic today.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Pragression

Who says you ahve to have hands? perhaps they evolve to find another way? Also isnt the rest kind of subjective? our idea of what an empire should look like and "intelligence" is completely subjective

If you don't have hands which you can move freely you have no encouraging factor for the development of an intelligent being that can influence it surroundings like us humans, at least thats what the op is comparing to I thought. It is just logical evolution.

You can say a dolphin is intelligent which is true but can it do anything with its intelligence besides jump through a hoop and stuff

Again, our perceived benchmarks for what could be considered intelligent is subjective.....and whose to say over the course of evolution , being they are one of the smartest species on the planet, hands or no, they wouldnt end up being the dominant life form..

The massive marine species die-offs we're seeing in everything from plankton to whales is now suspected to be as a result of decreases in immunity caused by Fukushima.

www.scientificamerican.com...

Anything that makes humans extinct will have the same effect on dolphin.

Flipper World is a fantasy.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

No, your picture of a world sterilized by humanity is the fantasy. A rather perverted one, if I may say so.

The article you posted was about dolphin deaths in the Atlantic Ocean. No-one except you is saying they were caused by radioactivity from Fukushima, which is by the Pacific Ocean. Grab a globe and take a look: that's on the other side of the world from where these dolphins are washing up.

There may have been some local damage, but there is absolutely no scientific evidence that the Fukushima disaster has had any widespread or lasting effect on marine life.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Superhumans will be the ones to take over after humans time is up.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
the slow Loris. it was merely biding it's time...

OMG had to look those up.

So cute but why so sad

Yeah, so cute but also Deadly.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

No, your picture of a world sterilized by humanity is the fantasy. A rather perverted one, if I may say so.

The article you posted was about dolphin deaths in the Atlantic Ocean. No-one except you is saying they were caused by radioactivity from Fukushima, which is by the Pacific Ocean. Grab a globe and take a look: that's on the other side of the world from where these dolphins are washing up.

There may have been some local damage, but there is absolutely no scientific evidence that the Fukushima disaster has had any widespread or lasting effect on marine life.

Maybe you should grab a globe.

ALL oceans are connected.

What's really repugnant is ignoring three on-going meltdowns.

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   
The replacement will be dependent on various conditions, especially those involving climate.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I would like to imagine the dolphins would grow legs and skip merrily ashore and teach all the other creatures to live in peace. But it will probably be rats. They eat anything and multiply rapidly.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Maybe you should grab a globe. All the oceans are connected.

That is not news to me. Would you like to divide the number of tons of radioactive water that has flowed out of Fukushima by the number of tons of water in all the oceans off the world, and tell us what the fraction is?

Natural News is a nut site, full of ba-ba wah-wah disinformation and scaremongering.

edit on 10/1/15 by Astyanax because: of what Blake said.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Well thank you for the insult, you presume to much of your own intellect me thinks, by the way its spelled Progression not pragression...now that were done hurling insults

It is a combination of progression and aggression, you just didn't get it.....

The op said "the next intelligent species". It seems he is comparing to a level of intelligence possesed by (most) humans.

A humanoid form is the most likely and logical form for an intelligent being able to exploit its intelligence. Monkeys evolved into humans the first time around. They are the closest prototype of a human in existance. Well, apes to be completely specific.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Simple

The house cat.

They adapt quickly.

They can survive in almost any enviroment.

Adapt to hunt and live off any prey.

They learn quickly.

Are cunning

Know how to pick battles.

Can manipulate and suck up when they need to

Can form symbiotic relationships with superior species (humans)

Breed well in all conditions.

My cat is already useing her paws to manipulate objects right now.

edit on 10-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   

BS....

Cheers for going way way off topic....
edit on 10-1-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I love mine I put my finger near his paw and say "hold hands" and he grabs my finger and wraps his likkle fingers around my finger and keeps squeezing it.
If any watched that show life after people they explained cats would do very well...dogs not so much because they have lost their wild side but cats are only half domesticated and can turn on the wild side like a switch.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Looking closely I can see it now...
The eyes pull you in then it pounces

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
THE CHICKEN. I have great hope for the advancement of "Chickenkind".

Prey humans are never around then to see there vengence.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

I love mine I put my finger near his paw and say "hold hands" and he grabs my finger and wraps his likkle fingers around my finger and keeps squeezing it.
If any watched that show life after people they explained cats would do very well...dogs not so much because they have lost their wild side but cats are only half domesticated and can turn on the wild side like a switch.

Mine does the same.

Intresting fact, wild cats dont meow.

It was a trait picked up at some point by domestic cats to communicate with humans. With some cats haveing diffrent meows for diffrent situations.

So they are adapting early laungage skills.....,

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

They also only move their mouth when they are on the other side of say a win dow..they don't make a sound but just move their mouth saying a meow silently to save energy.
edit on 10-1-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Wolves don't bark either.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   

If we're talking about technological intelligence, we have to consider species capable of controlling fire.

People like to think of dolphins, whales and octopii and they're hardly gonna be setting fires down there in the oceans. They are sentient and I could even go so far as to imagine cultures. Whales demonstrate empathy so we're into areas of compassion and *thinking* about others as individuals in their own right and with their own distinct thoughts. Not technological any time soon though!

Ants? Again, we're stalled at fire. Ants are social and apparently represent one of the greatest biomasses on Earth. We're never far from them and, post-Apocalypse, they'd probably have better prospects than cockroaches. No fires.

Smartass birds of the Corvid family seem to have the smarts for problem-solving and they use tools too. They have a degree of sentience and social structures. Could they start fires? No.

As others have pointed out, we really only have monkeys and apes with the chances to go technological in our absence. They've got the right make-up for tool-use and, under the right environmental pressures, might one day manipulate fire. Of course, whichever lineage succeeded would have to develop a taste for meat as it's thought to have been the high-protein diet that allowed our brains to become so large and 'thoughtful.' Tarsiers are 'cute' hunters and I don't suppose we can rule out chimps and bonobos either.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join