It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the human race is gone which animal do you think will evolve into the next intelligent species?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Yup sure looks like the octopus is winning and I for one will welcome our new Octopus masters with a nice bowl of shrimp.
All hail Cthulhu!!.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

In my opinion, i think humans are some of the most unevolved species on the planet.

With all of our advancements and brilliance, we still kill each other, bomb each other, brutalize, pillage, etc. Think of it this way: we are the only species on the planet that wages war in the name of religion, and the only species that has to pay to live here.

A goldfish is more intelligent than we are, as a whole.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Well some kind's of squid have been filmed communicating during there mating migration through posture and skin pigmentation, it seems to be at least as complex if not more so as some bird specie's

And then there is the whole ability of Octopi to learn how to open a jar when they know something good is inside it, once they have figured it out then never forget.

Chthulhu Ahhh

What if it is a colony intelligence like a super evolved ant or termite that becomes the dominant life, a little like Star Ship Trooper's - ah can't believe I said that what a poo series of film's, still the basic concept was good.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Yes Octopus Squids are intelligent.
However they have a very short life span wich is a major disadvantage in there quest for world domination.
Four years Is the oldest recorded age.
And Like Salmon the Mothers die after giving birth,

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Gonna watch it now I have not seen it in an age

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Whatever Animal it is it will no doubt get around to Archaeology at some point, and i fear they will look back on the Human species and just wonder how we could have been both Intelligent and thick as #### at the same time.
edit on 9-1-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
ants will take over....in fact i am watching an army of them infiltrating my house and taking everything ...they are very organized and sneaky....and most likely already have their own weapons of mass destruction

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Why does a new universe have to start expanding from a singularity have to occur in order for life to appear on the planet again? Science already thinks that life may have been seeded here multiple times (if it didn't arise through abiogenesis). Couldn't life just be reseeded? Or hey, maybe the conditions could arise for Abiogenesis to happen again.

Sure, why not. With the earths unique position and such, I guess some intelligence might find a way to take our voided planet and bring new life to it.
edit on 9-1-2015 by Observationalist because: Grammar

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: anarchychaos56
a reply to: Observationalist

6th Mass Extinction

Good point, I agree, we live in the midst of the 6th Mass Extinction? What is the root cause?

6th Mass Extinction

Root Cause? Our lack of perspective to see the beauty and intrinsic value of not just nature but also mankind.

Thanks for the link I have not read about that before.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yes Ants have this substance that can destroy the universe

ANTI MATTER

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Thats what the Dolphins said.
but they just went to play in the water
and watch the Idiots play on land.

did you know that dolphins once walkt on land?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

Yup also whales.

en.wikipedia.org...

Amazing isn't it evolution.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The Raven or the Octopus.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Ehm, monkeys?

You have a bright future ahead of you.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
the slow Loris. it was merely biding it's time...

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I'd say the life forms behaving similar to humans are already here, just too small too see or too quickly moving to see.

I'm not proud of civilization, though. It seems it was even enforced by conquering!

Using tools only considering those known animals? Then monkeys or random smaller life forms cooperating to be a bigger life form suddenly being there

Let's say they get together as a new life form to gather stuff to live forever, but their body is too big and fails in passing on the wisdom from low size to the large size body on one of them and he enforces this onto all of them again!

Monkeys already use tools and communicate a little - this civilization thing might be the only thing to mean left. :|
Language divides the mind into areas - I'd be glad if the species used the reflection through magnetic fields to communicate by thought observation.
edit on 9-1-2015 by oneoneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Pragression

Yup Rise of the planet of the apes is actually a documentary brought back from 2055

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I mean the answer is right there in the forum icon right next to the question on the left.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
the slow Loris. it was merely biding it's time...

OMG had to look those up.

So cute but why so sad

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I think we already have things waiting for us to disappear so they can take over.
You ever ran into a big preying mantis???!?!?

This is my vote for next species.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join