It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the human race is gone which animal do you think will evolve into the next intelligent species?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Good point I have seen birds (crows) respect their dead by dropping flowers on them and just standing around for hours around the body.
Amazing sight.
The great thing is now we don't see animals just as animals we have learn't they have culture and can teach their young to use tools.
Heck elephants can even paint.

I feel proud we are all connected to them..sharing our DNA.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74
I'll do the honors this time.

originally posted by: EnigmaAgent
Well they say cockroaches can survive a nuclear holocost so I'd go for insects too.

Cockroaches Would Not Survive an Extreme Nuclear Fallout

In any event, more recent research has shown that, while cockroaches can withstand ionizing radiation bursts about 10 times as high as humans, they actually are relative light weights in that arena. In fact, it only takes a burst of about 1,000 rads to significantly interfere with a cockroaches’ ability to reproduce, which would obviously be the eventual end of the cockroach, if they were all exposed to this level. For reference, this is about the level of radiation at around 15 miles from Hiroshima directly after the bomb was detonated. (note: the Hiroshima bomb was a 15 kiloton weapon, which is nothing next to the megaton nuclear bombs that can be found in most nuclear stockpiles today.)

Further, at levels of around just 6400 rads, about 94% of immature cockroaches will die and at around 10,000 rads, most adult cockroaches will not survive. While this is very impressive by human standards (humans only being able to survive about 400-1000 rads before death), it’s decidedly unimpressive by insect standards; most insects can survive much higher rates than the cockroach, according to the United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation, who, when they aren’t spending their time trying to spit out their name, apparently enjoy zapping various living things with ionizing radiation. Squeal piggy!

But you are on the right track. Nuclear winter WON'T sterilize the planet and evolution is always chugging along.

So who are the actual living creatures that would inherit the Earth after a world-wide nuclear war? Well, it has been shown that fruit flies take around 64,000 rads to kill. More impressive than that is the flour beetle which can withstand up to around 100,000 rads before dying. Even better is a type of wasp, the Habrobracon, that can survive as high as 180,000 rads! These all get beat by the Deinococcus radiodurans microbe. This bacteria can survive radiation levels as high as 1.5 million rads at room temperature and nearly 3 million rads when frozen, such as during a hypothetical nuclear winter.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I was just hoping they do not get any fingers and ability to use the "internet".. or ballistics.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
a reply to: WeRpeons

Have you ever looked at the face of the dog when it begs for food and pats.. IT BEGS lol. No no no dogs don´t have the brain capacity for being the master

I suspect cats would be the masters of dogs...I mean they are more or less ours now.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

My answer

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
We see in news everyday how much we love each other.. we propably will kill our own kind to extinction with a weapons we created. I would say dolphins will rule the world.. hopefully they wont create earth as ugly as we had .. Thumbs for Dolphins

Dolphins are assholes

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Use a baby shark as a volleyball lol I know I shouldn't laugh but....

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

The last reason on that list would have been my #1 reason.... Rainbow Dolphin art.....

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

So was the human race too when it evolved, human race is inbred and someone sinister brought rh+ to the scene.
edit on 9-1-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist

6th Mass Extinction

Good point, I agree, we live in the midst of the 6th Mass Extinction? What is the root cause?

6th Mass Extinction

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hithe Merinos

My answer

I'm trying to make friends with a murder of crows that live around my house. Damn smart animals. Well fed, too.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I honestly think that our species will be around as long as there is a planet for it to remain on, barring a total Extinction Level Event. Unless we are scoured from the face of the Earth by fire, either by our own hand, or by way of a comet or other space rock plummeting to an obliterating terminus at the surface of the world, we will continue to breed and consume and excrete.

However, if my assessment of our tenacity and bloody mindedness proves to be ill founded, I would say that the family of birds containing the Crow, the Raven, and others, would probably be the next best contender for a species which could flourish into something capable of creating tools, and eventually technology, to acheive their aims. I have seen experiments performed on crows, where they are placed inside a habitat, where a bit of food is hidden in such a way as to require the crow to find a stick to lever the food out of its hiding position with, and another experiment where it was necessary for the crow to find one shorter stick, in order to locate a longer stick, to then dig the food out of its hiding place.

Give those feathered geniuses the advantages of freedom to expand their numbers and a stoppage of human interference in natural affairs, and I think they would have a bloody good chance of making a success of themselves!

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The animal that has spent the most time interacting with humans will become the next intelligent species. Either dogs, or cats.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Actually I really don't think all the races will be gone...the ones I think will survive on this planet Earth...are the tribes of people that live in the remotest parts of the world...and know how to live of the land...and have lived how they live for hundreds of years. If there ever is a nuclear war...I really think these are the people that will survive.

link   

When the human race is gone which animal do you think will evolve into the next intelligent species?

This is my candidate:

link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I think it is already happening this year I have seen gangs of them more than I have ever seen before.
Wish I had a pet one...that talked

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Octopus and squid. The mollusks shall inherit the earth.
we know they communicate by changing shape and color, but we're not privy to the conversation. We still only catch glimpses of the giant squid since they're smart enough to stay away from people.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Hey, you were the one trying to give a leg up to dolphins on the morality scale. I was just trying to show that their intelligence causes them to be assholes too. Which brings up a question, does rationality correlate to being an asshole? After all, one cannot know an action upsets someone else unless they attempt that action and it upsets someone else.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

There is a murder of crows that like to perch on television aerials on properties on my street, usually opposite and down the road aways from my location. They sit there cawing at one another, and sometimes me as well! My usual response is to say "What? Yeah, I know, I turned up in the same outfit as you, so sue me!"

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

So are the seals and other animals .. we just need to wonder if every species on earth has that trait hidden in our genes or even maybe we have caused some of those traits with dumping our chemicals on the seas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join