It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the human race is gone which animal do you think will evolve into the next intelligent species?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Exactly.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

As others have pointed out, we really only have monkeys and apes with the chances to go technological in our absence. They've got the right make-up for tool-use and, under the right environmental pressures, might one day manipulate fire. Of course, whichever lineage succeeded would have to develop a taste for meat as it's thought to have been the high-protein diet that allowed our brains to become so large and 'thoughtful.' Tarsiers are 'cute' hunters and I don't suppose we can rule out chimps and bonobos either.

unless of course all the larger species of life have disappeared and as a result ants grew in size proportionate to the dinosaurs ...and slowly as they evolved their bodies got smaller and their brains got bigger

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

But do they have hands?

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pragression
a reply to: crazyewok

Wolves don't bark either.

Dog though are submitted themselves entirely to there masters. If humans go dogs will go.

Cats have kept a independent wild streak.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pragression

But do they have hands?

lets hope so...then they can invent guitars and rock n roll can be reborn

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Hello there.

Not sure I understand you? When I think of ants, I think of parts of a great machine. There are no 'individuals' and no sentience. This means there is no culture and no means of individual expression. Without the possibility of novel ideas and means of expression, there can be no technological intelligence.

For example, one of the reasons we are even here now is that an ancestor from hundreds of thousands of years ago thought chipping an edge on rock was useful. That *first* edge-tool has led us to fire-starting and missions to Pluto. With other hominids also having individual identities, some would have seen the value of a sharp stone and copied it. Others would have developed the idea and the social structure of groups and territories would allow the ideas to be disseminated.

With the ants, we'd need a special ant to have a novel idea and others to recognise that idea. It's not necessarily about brain size or body size; there are lots of other factors.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Dog though are submitted themselves entirely to there masters. If humans go dogs will go.

A lot of large breeds will be able to survive on their own and thrive. Besides, there are wild dogs in Africa.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Dolphins
Lemurs
Crows
Dogs

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

First critter that came to mind Dolphin. Squirrels are smart, or Crows.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I dont think any of the animals or insects will evolve and take Our Place. Non of them have shown much progress without Our help ever.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

just because we have gizmos, gadgets and computers I don't think you can call humans intelligent. collectively we are quite retarded. i don't see any other species on this planet poisoning its water, land, air and oceans.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Don't think there are any animals that could take humans place as next intelligent species. Humans are far too unique imo personally we aren't part of the animal kingdom. It's as if we were designed & placed here.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MegaSpace

We are part of the animal kingdom we are part of all life here on earth.
We share DNA with every living thing on earth and genetics have proven we share a common ancestor with chimps.
I find it insulting that some want to distance ourselves with other life here on earth.
It is a wondrous thing evolution and to deny it is an insult to nature.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

We are part of the animal kingdom we are part of all life here on earth.
We share DNA with every living thing on earth and genetics have proven we share a common ancestor with chimps.
I find it insulting that some want to distance ourselves with other life here on earth.
It is a wondrous thing evolution and to deny it is an insult to nature.

I find that hard to believe after all i seen no true evidence of the so called evolution, we humans have remained unchanged while animals have stayed the same for millenniums...

Show me without a doubt proof we evolved from monkey's example.
edit on 10-1-2015 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Like I said to another poster the evidence is in the many evolution threads on ats....if you choose to ignore it...your problem.
Anyhow on my phpne on my way to work.
Please stick to the topic and don't derail.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Like I said to another poster the evidence is in the many evolution threads on ats....if you choose to ignore it...your problem.
Anyhow on my phpne on my way to work.
Please stick to the topic and don't derail.

Im not derailing, i gave my opinion like everyone else. Have a good day.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

DOMESTIC CATS

Only meow as kittens to attract there Mothers attention.
They don't meow to communicate with each other.
They meow to us humans as we are there suregate Moms an Dads

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Roaches will rule the world!

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
And Cats are already training there stealth undercover spy opperitives

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Hi

Not sure I understand you? When I think of ants, I think of parts of a great machine. There are no 'individuals' and no sentience. This means there is no culture and no means of individual expression. Without the possibility of novel ideas and means of expression, there can be no technological intelligence.

i was thinking along the lines that as they evolved and their brains grew that they would eventually begin to walk upright,and individual intelligence would begin to flourish and begin to use tools and advance much as we humans did over many many years...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join