It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't offend the Muslims!!!! (here we go again)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Keeping in mind that this is a rant thread, please understand that my personal experience..(I've been to 48 states plus Canada and Mexico) my personal experience is that I've never seen any friendly advertisements done promoting Muslim faith, I've never seen any charity deeds done by Muslim faith, I've never personally known any Muslims but almost every day on the news there's another hate-filled murder done in the name of the prophet Mohammed. If we Never Ever Ever Never Never see any good things with our own eyes, done by Muslims, what do we have to balance it out against all the evil deeds committed against our countrymen?

I'm on the opposite side of that coin. When I moved into my neighborhood, it was the deli owner on my block that was my first friend. He included me in his Ramadan celebrations, introduced me to his friends and family, and got me a job. All of this without trying to convert me or even talk to me about his religion.

Maybe you should get to know some Muslims.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aspie
I hate the word islamaphobic, a new and constantly used word, probably invented by a Muslim. What is wrong with being islamaphobic? I hate Islam and think it is the most oppressive, misogynistic and abhorrent religion that was ever invented.

Just off to eat and pork pie and have a few beers.

Nothing wrong with hating Islam, it's what you do with that hatred that can be the problem.
edit on 8-1-2015 by TheArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TheArrow

The moment you twist religion into a reason to kill, you no longer have a voice. Tell the Muslim community that. You need to pick a side. Chose wisely and what's best for humanity. We can't help you if you can't help yourselves. We, being the moral majority. If 90% of Muslims are for peace, why don't they stand up in mass and check zealots? Maybe they stay on the fence because they agree. Go in a mosque and see what they are saying. Seriously, do it in the US.

I will post a 1000 videos where Muslim protesters are saying they want you dead. What do you expect Non-Muslims to do? I'm not waiting to be a sheep to slaughter. I want to either come to peaceful agreement or the other route. I don't want them dead. I want them to see me as a human being. If they cannot do that, I'll enlist in the cause of the just.

You can't say the things they do and expect people to bend over for them.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

That's true. That is exactly why I hate Islam. Their actions.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
Tell the Muslim community that. You need to pick a side. Chose wisely and what's best for humanity. We can't help you if you can't help yourselves. We, being the moral majority. If 90% of Muslims are for peace, why don't they stand up in mass and check zealots? Maybe they stay on the fence because they agree. Go in a mosque and see what they are saying. Seriously, do it in the US.

You do that. Go to a mosque and see what they are saying. I think it will do you a lot of good. I'm being sincere. I think I read in another thread that you are from Detroit. Go into Dearborn and go to the Islamic Center and talk with some people. Just spend an afternoon discussing things with them. They aren't going to try to convert you, but they will be happy to talk with you about Islam and clear up misconceptions, or maybe they will be able to at the very least help you see that not all of them want to kill you, or anyone for that matter.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I would rather have freedom FROM religion.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

I would rather have freedom FROM religion.

Then petition for a change to the First Amendment.

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
In reading through this and many other threads I never cease to be shocked. We are the "conspiracy community" and we are all aware that rule #1 of those who seek to control us is "divide and conquer"... Yet, still, armed with that knowledge, all it takes is for mass media, which is ALL controlled by a small handful of people, to say "sick 'em" and so many devolve right into what Orwell predicted so many years ago...

To fall for "us and them" is to have already lost the fight.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

It's more like "Convert To Islam Or Die Now" rather than "Divide and Conquer"...just sayin'

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

Have you ever met a Muslim who made that ultimatum to you? I happen to know a number of Muslims and not only has a single one of them never threatened to kill me, none of them have even tried to convert me.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I don't know where to begin on my experiences with muslims. Overall the women were sincere and nice but the men had a lot of pressure to take advantage of Americans due to one member of their group of friends that kept tabs on their dealings with people and was the judge as to if they were good or bad muslims. I could go into great detail but I fear to write it here. It is not PC.

STM
edit on 9-1-2015 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: Domo1
I just wanted it clarified than not all members should be an embarrassment.

I'm sorry it was taken that way, which was not my intent.

I accidentally used a broad stroke, in a response from me that seemed necessary, during a crazy-busy day (for me, and unrelated to the topic).

That was very classy of you.

I hope you will pardon my assumptions.

I should have approached that better. Internet handshake?

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   

I'm glad your experiences have been good. I've run into several on the eastern seaboard who drove tractor-trailer, and they wore the turban things on their head and the long unshaven beard. They looked freakishly scary. New Jersey and New York is where I've seen the most of them. I don't trust'em enough to want to get to know them. I know there are good ones, and that needs to be pointed out. Point well taken. A few people responding in here have mentioned that also.

CX

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I just think the whole thing is skating very close to something the management here apparently take seriously too...

"Here, your "freedom of speech" is a privilege granted by the owner of this website. Any topic whatsoever can easily be discussed without insults, vulgarities, and taunting language. Our management style, organized structure, and efficient services are designed to created an environment in which members aspire to our higher standards, not scoff at them".

This is from a thread about freedom of speech on the Boards Business section, now i'm no fan of extremists, I cannot understand many beliefs of numerous religions, but I do think that the whole cartoon thing comes down to taunting.

We have many muslim members here who will never go near the extremist side in their life, so for many members to go purposely posting cartoons that you know full well will antagonize a culture, I really don't see the point or how it will help build relationships in the world?

I could call someones wife fat. Some will not react, some will be offended....and some will take my head off my shoulders. So do I start putting up tons of offensive pics showing your wife who you love to bits?

If I do, yes it's my freedom of speech, but it's a pretty stupid and backward thing to do.....especially if I want to build any kind of world where there is less violence.

I know people won't agree with me for the most part, I'm just having a hard time seeing how it is not being knowingly disrespectful, posting material you know will upset others.

World problems apart.....I thought it was against the T's and C's?

Or is it when it suits?

CX.

PS: I also have a step daughter who has just moved to Paris, is living very much in the middle of where this is happening, and has made friends with people that WILL be affected by any reprisals that come from antagonising others. So forgive my concern, it is not going to change any time soon.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

I'm glad your experiences have been good. I've run into several on the eastern seaboard who drove tractor-trailer, and they wore the turban things on their head and the long unshaven beard. They looked freakishly scary. New Jersey and New York is where I've seen the most of them.

I can't be sure of course, but the persons that you described above may not even be Muslim. It sounds very much like the description of a Sikh.
Muslims have killed Sikhs in Punjab and vice versa.
List of Massacres in India

edit on bu312015-01-09T07:44:32-06:0007America/ChicagoFri, 09 Jan 2015 07:44:32 -06007u15 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I asked you earlier: There are things you would never personally say to another human being - same with me. Why is that?

I'd really like to hear your answer - I think it's important

Well.. I suppose I do not know your exact meaning?

If it is the meaning I believe it to be, its because it would hurt them.. but even then, sometimes the truth needs told anyway. So there are exceptions to every rule.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

...sometimes the truth needs told anyway.

Yes - it does

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

In reading through this and many other threads I never cease to be shocked.

Can't remember the last time I felt this disappointed

Out there it's disturbing but impersonal - in here it feels like family

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Maybe, I can't tell the difference and maybe they are Sikh. Dunno. I still think that if they want to identify as American at least they could lose the turban, learn English, and assimilate into Our culture. Makes sense to me.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe
a reply to: butcherguy

Maybe, I can't tell the difference and maybe they are Sikh. Dunno. I still think that if they want to identify as American at least they could lose the turban, learn English, and assimilate into Our culture. Makes sense to me.

"Our culture"?

Don't begin to assume you and I share a culture if you are going to be spouting ignorant, xenophobic sentiments like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join