It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mohammed Challenge

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheArrow

I merely suggested that this thread is going to cost people a loss of respect, and I hope that it's worth it.

Respect from who...you?

You have already decided others will loose respect for members, you should have stopped at

bad taste is bad taste
, not try to speak for others, stating there would be diminished respect.

Would you like a shovel to help you write your next post in defense of your last one.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
I wonder if the people killed by these animals today.

Give a damn about social consequence or loss of respect.

My guess is....No

I think their families care a great deal about social consequences, considering each of the victims paid the ultimate social consequence for their actions.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

edit on 7-1-2015 by neo96 because: never mind

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: solargeddon

I merely suggested that this thread is going to cost people a loss of respect, and I hope that it's worth it.

Respect from who...you?

You have already decided others will loose respect for members, you should have stopped at

bad taste is bad taste
, not try to speak for others, stating there would be diminished respect.

Would you like a shovel to help you write your next post in defense of your last one.

I speak for myself and myself only. However, I implied that a loss of respect would come from Muslim members of this community, of which there are at least 5 that I know.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheArrow

originally posted by: OneManArmy
Sometimes in some situations, a bad taste joke is the only joke available.
Like battlefield humour, or morgue humour. In some situations there really isnt much room for any other kind.
The people killed today were very much bastions of "bad taste jokes", it was their bread and butter. They still have my respect for upholding their belief of freedom of expression even to the point of causing much offense that it cost them their lives. Thats pretty honourable to me whether I agree with their extreme left wing views or not.

Don't you dare compare the idiocy happening in this thread with the brave artists and publishers that signed their names to the images they published, even after receiving death threats.

When I do, be sure to point it out.
Because I havent done so yet.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

When I do, be sure to point it out.
Because I havent done so yet.

I don't have the patience or inclination needed to dissect your previous post and point out how you directly compared the two. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I speak for myself and myself only. However, I implied that a loss of respect would come from Muslim members of this community, of which there are at least 5 that I know.

Really?!

So you speak for those 5 members do you, if I lose their respect that is up to them, yet they should state this themselves, not have you making assumptions based on how you think they would react.

Funnily enough I won't lose any respect for them for stating how they feel and I won't lose any sleep over it either.

Here, have a JCB.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

My guess is....No

Our president must have been psychic when he said: "the future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam"

Not much future for the dead, in this world.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Really?!

So you speak for those 5 members do you.

No. As I stated, "I speak for myself and only myself."

I don't know how to make it any more clear than that.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheArrow

My guess is....No

I think their families care a great deal about social consequences, considering each of the victims paid the ultimate social consequence for their actions.

The journalists knew the risks they were taking. Its not like they were not threatened and petrol bombed before. Its not like the place didnt have a police guard. Their families will of course be upset, I hope they would be proud too.
You are being very emotive.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BerenstEiner
Yes, this is very much like the "Bucket Challenge"

I view terrorism very much like a desease. Its something that must be stopped before it grows and gets worse and kills you.

The Bucket Challenge was to make you feel like a person with ALS feels. The icy cold water feels very much like that I guess.

So to stand with our fallen heroes who stood up for the freedom of speech.

Here is my image of Mohammed.

Now I challenge anyone else to post an image of Mohammed and stand up to this desease we call terrorism.

I agree. Terrorism is a disease, in my opinion often religiously motivated. We must root out Terrorism at its source.

סוף ציוניזם

פרייהייט פֿאַר פּאַלעסטינע

סטאָפּ ישראל טערעראַסץ

As a person of semitic heritage, I am appalled by the gross hypocrisy of those who "defend" themselves by invading, occupying and killing their neighbors.

Since OP didn't provide an actual image, I'll go ahead and provide an accurate face of Terrorism for him.

Problem?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

You are being very emotive.

You accuse me of being emotive in a thread whose topic is posting pictures of the prophet to offend Muslims.

Interesting take.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: yourignoranceisbliss

I agree. Terrorism is a disease, in my opinion often religiously motivated. We must root out Terrorism at its source.

Then let's start with the followers of THIS GUY.

Problem?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

The point is we are allowed to offend.
We will not be quiet due to threats of killing us due to us using our right to offend religion.
This is standing up for freedom of speech, the right to say what we want without being killed for it.
You want the world to ban cartoons of Mo Mo? or do you want freedom of speech?.

The point is that those who are offended make the choice to be offended. Being offended is 100% a choice. It's not a requirement.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

If you can't see it, despite several posters alongside my self pointing it out, then there is no hope, you will never see it.

That's cool, I'm not going to waste anymore of my time, whether you can see what you wrote or not is neither here nor there to me, but to my mind what you wrote was pretty clear cut.

Respect is a two way thing...always remember that.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1
The point is that those who are offended make the choice to be offended. Being offended is 100% a choice. It's not a requirement.

Taking offense is a choice.

Being offended is not.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

If you can't see it, despite several posters alongside my self pointing it out, then there is no hope, you will never see it.

Just like the soul collectors on the moon, I guess.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: yourignoranceisbliss

originally posted by: BerenstEiner
Yes, this is very much like the "Bucket Challenge"

I view terrorism very much like a desease. Its something that must be stopped before it grows and gets worse and kills you.

The Bucket Challenge was to make you feel like a person with ALS feels. The icy cold water feels very much like that I guess.

So to stand with our fallen heroes who stood up for the freedom of speech.

Here is my image of Mohammed.

Now I challenge anyone else to post an image of Mohammed and stand up to this desease we call terrorism.

סוף ציוניזם

פרייהייט פֿאַר פּאַלעסטינע

סטאָפּ ישראל טערעראַסץ

As a person of semitic heritage, I am appalled by the gross hypocrisy of those who "defend" themselves by invading, occupying and killing their neighbors.

Since OP didn't provide an actual image, I'll go ahead and provide an accurate face of Terrorism for him.

Problem?

I did provide an image.

Here it is again.

MOHAMMED>>>>>>>

edit on 7-1-2015 by BerenstEiner because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join